Most awkward moment(s) with your Chao?

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
FluffyCats
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: It's not what you do, it's how you do it

Most awkward moment(s) with your Chao?

Post by FluffyCats »

Have you had any moments with your Chao where it just seems so weird/funny you want to share?
Post them here! :3 :chaohappy:
One of my weird moments is when I tried to get my baby chao to plant a seed (and evolve, too) but he never planted the seed even though he wandered for a long time. He threw the seed away, so I gave it back to him again. After a few seconds he threw the seed again, I gave it back to him, and that small process (throwing the seed away, then me giving it to him) repeated about 3 more times when I gave him the seed one more time and he wandered for a bit. I thought he might be hungry, so I went to get him a fruit/nut and right when I got back to him, he threw away the seed and started evolving.
It was like he was saying "Stahp giving me the seed, I'm trying to evolve :stomp:"
"No problem! He's just a chunk of cheesy hardware." -Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Adventure
ZipoCXG
Chao Artist
Chao Artist
Motto: Well have you had curry?

Re: Most awkward moment(s) with your Chao?

Post by ZipoCXG »

The most awkward thing I can remember was when I wanted to take one of my chao to the Kindergarten and it started evolving just as I picked it up. The chao's cocoon kept dropping down to the ground slowly before respawning on the chao, rinse and repeat. During this time, the character I was playing as (Shadow) kept moving backwards constantly and I was only able to keep him still by leaning against a wall. I've seen this glitch occur on YouTube vids before, but was heavily surprised when I got it to occur myself.
Spoiler:
Yeah I actually snapped a photo of this, can ya blame me?
It's been almost 7 years since then and I've yet to trigger this again.
Last edited by ZipoCXG on Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FluffyCats
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by FluffyCats »

That chao is so cute :3
I have a soon-to-evolve chao with me, so maybe I can try doing that. :sway:
And I just found my chao sleeping while sitting up, when I thought he was gonna die/reincarnate in a second. Maybe I can take a picture :D
"No problem! He's just a chunk of cheesy hardware." -Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Adventure
FedoraBrella Chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Fedoras and umbrellas...together at last!

Post by FedoraBrella Chao »

I've had a dark chao who I had prepared to be a chaos chao in SADX keep crawling into the Chao Transporter. I picked it up, put it down, and it evolved into a chaos chao. A more confusing one was finding out that the Tiny Chao Garden thinks Mint chao are pink.
Fedoras and umbrellas will always stand beside me!
Ivy_Pendragon12
Egg
Egg

Post by Ivy_Pendragon12 »

(This is gonna be real weird, I'm so sorry in advance :darkcry: )
Okay... So once in my Dark garden, I had two dark swimming Chao, one sitting in front of the other, and then when I patted the one in front, the petting registered for both of them... Since they were sitting down, they both started rocking back and forth... But since they were so close, the long ridge on the head of the one in front was phasing through the crotch area of the one behind and it looked like something really, really inappropriate was happening to the Chao in the back... :darkno:
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

In Sonic Pinball Party, I have a Chao named Martin. He is completely neutral (due to the Tiny Chao Garden not having Sonic characters raising the Chao) and looks like this: :blink:

Just today, he did what is the strangest thing I have seen him ever do (I don't actually play the game much, but he is my only Chao so I do sometimes). I was just finished playing Chao Ball, and I opened the shop. While I was looking at it, I heard Martin struggling to swim. I closed the shop, and waited for him to get out. When he did, I kept petting him. While I was doing that, a weed appeared. When I picked the weed, he went right back into the pond!
Sorry if it's a bit underwhelming, like I said I don't play it much and Martin is my only Chao. :chaohappy:
annachibi
Egg
Egg

Post by annachibi »

There's always those times when you go to put down your Chao gently and end up chucking it across the garden. I'm so sorry, bby! XD
FluffyCats
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by FluffyCats »

I came across another awkward moment!
Vanilla, my chao that has just became a chaos chao, started to eat the air.
Another experience with her was when I was in the hero garden, and i jumped off the thingy with the stairs with a fruit in my hands. Then, I land on Vanilla.
Probably, if I didn't have the fruit in my hands, Vanilla would've went flying.
MistressEnvy
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by MistressEnvy »

All of my Hero chao surrounded themselves around the same tree and got excited/had an idea. They then all started watering said tree.

It was both 'awkward' and cute. Almost like they were making their own tree ritual :chaohappy:
Jack the Person
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Life is forever and only a moment.

Post by Jack the Person »

MistressEnvy wrote:All of my Hero chao surrounded themselves around the same tree and got excited/had an idea. They then all started watering said tree.

It was both 'awkward' and cute. Almost like they were making their own tree ritual :chaohappy:
What? I remember this, I was working in another window and I kept hearing "tree hugging" sounds. I returned 5 minutes later to find they'd been watering and hugging said tree. One even drew a picture UNDER IT!

Mon, Sep 21st
After 5 Minutes: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =522514805
After 6 Minutes: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =522515143
After 7 Minutes: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =522529182

It doesn't tell me if I took a screenshot in windowed mode. That's why there's 3. :cool:
What, Christmas ended? Whatever, I'm leaving the decorations up!

I'm also selling a Heart Fruit, I thought buying the last would make it more valuable and increase the demand, it didn't.
Anyway it's still sold out and I'm still selling! Buy It!
FluffyCats
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by FluffyCats »

I've had one of my chao (i forgot who) draw a picture under the tree, too. I still wonder to this day what the picture was because the chao had great drawing skills, he could've drawn a character so I would have known what character he liked the most
chaounderworld
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by chaounderworld »

One of my Chao got bored and drew a picture of Sonic. Instead of getting up and walking away afterwards, she was bored enough and drew another Sonic.
And then she drew Knuckles on top of Sonic. I think she was being passive-aggressive.
IplaySA2BonWii
Egg
Egg
Motto: I <3 Chao sooo much!!! >w<

Post by IplaySA2BonWii »

So Solar, My blue monotone baby Chao, is a great flyer. I put Solar at that one rock in the original Chao Garden, expecting him / her to fly off. Nope. Just sat there and STARED. Another day I tried again. Solar just jumped off the cliff and fell into the water. I was SO mad. But I still love Solar. <3
AscendedDemon
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: Stay determined...

Post by AscendedDemon »

MistressEnvy wrote:All of my Hero chao surrounded themselves around the same tree and got excited/had an idea. They then all started watering said tree.

Oh my, that happens to me every time I just leave the game on in the Hero Garden. They won't do anything else until I move them away and sometimes they just go right back. :darkangry:
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by The_Awesome_Chao »

My sonic chao and shadow chao tried to mate.
I was like NOPE NOPE NOPE :darkno:
zowiethehedgehog
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: SADX and SA2B nostalgia never ends

Post by zowiethehedgehog »

A kind of sad but weird moment happened when 2 chao at once starting walking up to my chao sitting waiting to mate. The fastest chao got the egg :blink: kinda felt bad for the other chao!
:omochao: Hi I'm Omochao! I'm here to bug- I mean help you!
:no: his hearts in the right place I guess...
Pratzelwurm
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: I'm a cool kitty cat

Post by Pratzelwurm »

When I was a n00b, I had heard that when chao gets unhappy, it will die they get a grey cocoon. Well, I didn't know that they had to be adults, and that it took quite a bit of unhappiness to kill them. I also didn't realize that emote colour had nothing to do with any of this. I had a baby chao who I had accidentally hit several times and who was being raised neutral run, so when her emote turned a greyish colour I panicked and sent her away because I thought she was dying.

After I learned more about it and realized that she was fine, I felt extremely foolish. :darkno:

Also, I would [and still do] gender my chao, so before I understood what being gay actually meant and that it wasn't a bad thing, I would freak out whenever two male or female chao would try to frickle frack.
25↑ | he/him | simultaneously dead and alive until observed

:herocool: