SADX PC Chao Colors

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

SADX PC Chao Colors

Post by CitrusCat »

So, I was playing SADX PC on Steam, and I was using Fusion's Chao Editor to play around with my Chao's appearances. But apparently, the colors in this version are very limited. It only has Two-Tone Normal Chao, Monotone colored Chao, and Jewel Chao (plus the Shiny versions). Why doesn't it have Two-Tone colored Chao or Monotone Normal Chao? The PC version of SA2 on Steam still has all the color combinations! So why not SADX? Plus, I thought the GameCube version of SADX had all the colors, too, since I have a distinct memory of a Shiny Two-Tone White Chao I used to have in SADX GC. Why did they remove these Chao colors in the PC version on Steam? That seems like such a downgrade, because it's giving us seemingly unnecessary limitations we didn't even have before.

If anyone has an explanation for this, please tell me! I'm very curious and confused about this whole situation...
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: SADX PC Chao Colors

Post by chaoadventures »

Last time I checked, nobody actually knows why.

My guesses are:

1, they couldn't get the colors to work, so they just took them out. (The 2012 ports of SA2B actually has messed up textures for some Hero Chao, so it's possible.)

2, it was either a alteration cut short or made out of laziness, to attempt to go back to the SA1DC's system (of which I kinda doubt).

Either way, yes, all of the other versions of SADX had two-tones. Even the original 2004 PC port, meaning something weird happened this time.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Yimoo
Chao Artist
Chao Artist

Post by Yimoo »

When I was playing cracked version of this game,everything was just fine. After I bought Steam edition , it's so disappointing. I can't see Two-Tone Color Chao in the game , and textures of Hero Run Chao and Hero Power Chao is just like PC-Versions's-SA2 , they are of poor quality. I feel so disappointed. :herocry:
Tooktazoom
Egg
Egg

Post by Tooktazoom »

This is something that is very useful here. It gives me the past four this reader has a good knowledge.