Thoughts on Fangames with Chao Garden

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
PrincessPeach
Child Chao
Child Chao

Thoughts on Fangames with Chao Garden

Post by PrincessPeach »

Hi all, while waiting for SA2pc to go on sale, (So I can try out Chao World Extended) I was thinking of trying out some fan games with Chao Garden.

I know there's Sonic World and Sonic Souls. I was just wondering if these were any good. I have seen Rinku's vids on Sonic World, but couldn't find stuff on the Sonic Souls Chao.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Thoughts on Fangames with Chao Garden

Post by chaoadventures »

Never heard of Sonic Souls before, so I tried it today. It's a pretty good game, better than Sonic World, and I really liked Sonic World too.
Souls doesn't accept input from any controller other than Xbox 360 either it seems, even with Joy2Key so I had to play with a mouse and keyboard.

Anyways, the biggest problem I had was that you have to collect rings in the adventure field hub world to go to the Chao Garden.
Basically, I can't tell you about the Gardens in Sonic Souls because I couldn't get it. On the other hand, I can tell you about the one in Sonic World.

I personally enjoyed the Gardens in Sonic World, but they're not as good as the ones in SA2 (or Chao World Extended for that matter), although they do have some new things that I really liked, such as seeds.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
PrincessPeach
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by PrincessPeach »

Thanks for the reply. That's too bad about Sonic Souls, since the gameplay does look better than Sonic World. I guess that would explain why I can't find any info on the Chao.

I may try Sonic World out then. It looked like it had some issues, but at least the game is free. I do love that huge Chao Garden too.

Edit: Has the Chao Garden been updated since 2015? Last I saw there were no gradual evolutions, and some weird bugs with Chao death.
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

Sonic World's garden does look pretty cool. I don't know if I could get really into it if if doesn't have evolutions or most of the Chao Garden typical features, but it's definitely worth trying.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

I basically got Sonic World just for the Chao Garden. They're not up to par with the original games but they are still seriously worth checking out for anyone interested in Chao and the amount of effort put into them is pretty impressive.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Post by DarkyBenji »

The Chao Garden of Sonic World is ok (plz don't hurt my opinion), for a recreation, they did a good job!

Bad :

- glitch toy that can screw your save (that happen to me 2 times)
- 10 chao max only, for a really big garden, It's not much
- you can't choose what chaos drive you want to take with you like SA2
- too long to evolve, you have to stay atleast 8 hours in the garden to make baby chao evolve to adult chao
- not animal, maybe in release 7

Good :

- accessory for chao, need Intelligence but HELL YEAH SUNGLASS
- can make a custom music playlist if you know how to convert music into OGG
- Cool Chao color, i only see the baby since i refuse to wait 8 hours to evolve
- You have a inventory to keep fruit for later (especially the special one)
- You can Farm
- Long Name allowed
- Cool Camera controll
- Win rings from chao race/karate

For Quality and Animation : i'ts meh

Note :
Forget the color type in sonic adventure, it's complety different in sonic world.
like pink is swim, blue is run, yellow is fly, and gray/dark blue is random (don't ask why)
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
PrincessPeach
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by PrincessPeach »

Yay more replies! The honest and detailed response is much appreciated, DarkyBenji :wink:

I still haven't given the game a try yet, but I'll get to it eventually.