Crystal and Angel in Chao Karate

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Crystal and Angel in Chao Karate

Post by The Thunder »

I think Crystal is in fact a Topaz Hero Chaos Chao and not Gold, as some sources might have said. And Angel might be a Sapphire Dark Chaos Chao, and not the lighter shading of Aquamarine. This should be fixed in the Chao Karate section at some point.
1, 10, 100, 1000, Manjyome!! THUNDER!!
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Re: Crystal and Angel in Chao Karate

Post by CitrusCat »

Hmm... It's a bit hard to tell for Crystal, but you might be right.
I looked up images, and I found this:

Conveniently, the player's Chao on the left appears to be Gold, and Crystal does seem to be ever-so-slightly brighter in color by comparison. So that would mean Crystal is a Topaz Chao.

However, for Angel, I found this picture:

As you can see, Angel is Aquamarine without a doubt, as stated on the website. Sapphire is a lot darker than this.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

I definitely agree Crystal is Topaz. I didn't even know the main site said it was Gold. Huh.

And thanks Citrus for finding those nice pictures for reference.
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

CitrusCat wrote:Hmm... It's a bit hard to tell for Crystal, but you might be right.
I looked up images, and I found this:

Conveniently, the player's Chao on the left appears to be Gold, and Crystal does seem to be ever-so-slightly brighter in color by comparison. So that would mean Crystal is a Topaz Chao.

However, for Angel, I found this picture:

As you can see, Angel is Aquamarine without a doubt, as stated on the website. Sapphire is a lot darker than this.
That's actually interesting because in my game, Angel seems to be that darker shade of blue that is Sapphire. Is that screenshot from the original SA2:Battle? Or the remake?
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

I have no idea. I just found the screenshots on Google Images to be perfectly honest.

But now that you mention it, which version of the game do you have?
What is my life anymore?
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

CitrusCat wrote:I have no idea. I just found the screenshots on Google Images to be perfectly honest.

But now that you mention it, which version of the game do you have?
Gamecube. What else? I never kept up with the next gen consoles. And I didn't want the PC version of SA2:Battle on my PC. Not worth it for me. But yeah, every time I see Angel in Chao Karate, he appears to be a Sapphire color and on other YouTube videos, he's Aquamarine.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

If it's the GameCube version, then maybe your TV screen is just displaying darker colors than normal... Obviously I can't say for sure, since I can't see what it looks like on your end, but that's the only explanation I can come up with.

Anyway, here's what Angel would look like if they were Sapphire instead of Aquamarine:

Is this the same shade of blue that you see in your game? Or is it different from this picture?
What is my life anymore?
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

CitrusCat wrote:If it's the GameCube version, then maybe your TV screen is just displaying darker colors than normal... Obviously I can't say for sure, since I can't see what it looks like on your end, but that's the only explanation I can come up with.

Anyway, here's what Angel would look like if they were Sapphire instead of Aquamarine:

Is this the same shade of blue that you see in your game? Or is it different from this picture?
And filming it doesn't help because it displays Angel in the lighter shade of blue. But that image does kind of resemble how I see Angel in Chao Karate, assuming my eyes aren't deceiving me and unless I go back and get a Chao that far in karate and discover it's a Berenstein/Berenstain trick. :surprise: It would be interesting if my family's TV was in fact displaying darker colors, and in some cases richer colors. Like Shiny Pink for example displays as a much richer pink on my TV than the provided Gallery images.

Anyways, it's not like this is a debate or anything. This is just what I saw. If Angel really is Aquamarine, it's Aquamarine. I'll accept that. I'll just wonder what's up with what I saw. :thinking:
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Sight really is a strange thing.

Like those darn circles that are actually the same size or those two squares that are the same exact color *grumble grumble*
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

^Or how you can have an image of a black and white checker board with a colored spot that looks brown on a white square and an identical spot that looks orange on a black square.

Or leaving the realm of video displays, how the same real world object can look completely different in direct sunlight compared to a well-lit room(and it can make a big difference whether that room is lit with incandescent or fluorescent bulbs).

But yeah, most televisions and computer screens have at least brightness, color saturation, and contrast settings that can alter the image tremendously(and I've owned at least one monitor that allowed you to adjust Red, Green, and Blue saturation levels individually). Coupled with the fact that screens aren't created equal, and it's pretty much a fool's errand to try and compare colors between two different screens unless one of the screens was used to create the image and you're seeing how well the second screen can recreate the original.

If you were to use the television that displays Aquamarine darker in-game as a monitor and brought up the above reference screenshot, the screenshot might be likewise altered from how it looks on your actual monitor.

But yeah, Gold vs Topaz, Sapphire vs Aquamarine, and possibly Ruby vs Garnet are all things that would probably be hard to distinguish without having them standing side-by-side in the same image.
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

At least Crystal is Topaz colored, though. Whatever color my family's TV displays, there is a difference between Gold and Topaz and I'm certain Crystal is Topaz-colored.