Chao greetings

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Chao greetings

Post by The Thunder »

Maybe this was already known, but it seems the way a Chao can greet a character depends on whether it was raised by a Hero or Dark character. And maybe it also depends on what garden that Chao is currently residing in. But usually, a Chao who bonds with a Hero character will greet a character by waving its arms and saying "Hiiiiiiii", while a Chao who bonds with a Dark character will simply raise its right arm and making a gesture that says hello.
1, 10, 100, 1000, Manjyome!! THUNDER!!
CanSteam
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: canpaw but with my own email

Re: Chao greetings

Post by CanSteam »

I dont think it depends on chao alignment.
is the pikmin in my avatar on something or...
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

While I'm leaning towards alignment changing it, I can't confirm that. But the actions are on the main site under "Positive Actions", but nice catch regardless.
Whether or not alignment matters isn't listed, but since it's not I'm gonna just go and say it doesn't matter, even though it would be a reasonable thing to be included in the game.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
NiGHTSIsLife
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: If you have time to worry, then run!

Post by NiGHTSIsLife »

I don't believe it depends on alignment. I have a dark Chao, Hero Chao, and Neutral that make both gestures as a greeting.
“Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets.”
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

NiGHTSIsLife wrote:I don't believe it depends on alignment. I have a dark Chao, Hero Chao, and Neutral that make both gestures as a greeting.
Maybe both a Hero and Dark character raised it. I was saying that for some of the time that it might depend on the character raising the Chao and not the Chao's alignment.
NiGHTSIsLife
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: If you have time to worry, then run!

Post by NiGHTSIsLife »

The Thunder wrote: Maybe both a Hero and Dark character raised it. I was saying that for some of the time that it might depend on the character raising the Chao and not the Chao's alignment.
I did raise all of the Chao I was talking about with Sonic, Tails, and Shadow. That would make sense :thinking:
“Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets.”
JamminNekoSoaper
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: SHAKE, RATTLE & ROLL!!!! O(≧▽≦)O

Post by JamminNekoSoaper »

With a bully chao it sticks it's tongue out at you or attacks your character instead of greeting you. I wrote a HOW TO: BULLY CHAO in the recipe forum that states you should RARELY pet or feed it so that it keeps those traits. If you don't it will start chasing, greeting & rubbing up against Eggman & Shadow then expect them to feed it instead of stealing it's food from other chao.
Last edited by JamminNekoSoaper on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YOWHAHOWOOHOOHOORAYYAHOOYEEHAWYIHAWWEE~
Image Image
AAAAAWYEAH!! PARTYY HARDYYYY!!!! (\^w^)/ ° \(^w^/)
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

I once tried to raise a Dark Running-type Chao with Shadow to become a Shadow Chao (Dark/Run/Run), but not only did the Chao not fully undergo a second evolution, it seemed to despise Shadow some of the time because it was making that "baaaah" sound. It's possible that Chao had been hatched by smashing its egg. I replaced said Chao and tried again and was much more successful. After that, I've had no more Chao despising anyone and the last time I had a Chao squirm in Sonic's grip was because it was very hungry.

But back to greetings. I once raised a Dark Power-type Chao with Tails without abusing it and using Dark characters by feeding it Dark fruit steadily. When it evolved in the Hero Garden, it still did a greeting as if it was raised by a Dark character. When the Chao was moved to the Dark Garden, it starting greeting characters as if raised by a Hero character. This was a Blue-colored Chao and it has since been replaced with a Blue Two-Tone Chao named Luna, now a Dark Power-type raised by Tails with the following grades.

Swim, C
Fly, A
Run, A
Power, C, became B upon evolution
Stamina, B

I have yet to see if Luna will greet a character by saying "Hiiiii", but I'm pretty sure it will. Oh, and Luna was born with a squiggly mouth feature, but thanks to being a Two-Tone Dark Chao, the squiggly mouth can no longer be visibly seen. :darkcool:
Last edited by The Thunder on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CanSteam
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: canpaw but with my own email

Post by CanSteam »

The way you hatch your egg has 0 effect on how your chao acts after. Second evolution is affected by food, time, and how much of one/two types of drives/animals you give it.

I still don't think the greetings are based on alignment, OR who raised them. It's probably all just RNG.
is the pikmin in my avatar on something or...
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

Then I suppose I'll find out one way or another.
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: I gotta get back to the Island!

Post by FrankT »

Yes, my Chao have given me the thumbs-up quite often. Some have even bowed before me while saying "Hiiii"! I forget the details of what compels them to do that, but it's a nice gesture.
Check my new blog: Tails Chao Love ME!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Chao Caring Do's & Don'ts ^^
Ah, the sounds of heaven on earth....
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

FrankT wrote:Yes, my Chao have given me the thumbs-up quite often. Some have even bowed before me while saying "Hiiii"! I forget the details of what compels them to do that, but it's a nice gesture.
Usually, it's when a character is within a Chao's line of vision that they'll greet said character depending on how they were raised. If a Chao is never neglected, it will greet any character. And I'm guessing that if a character who abused it enters its line of vision, they'll react differently, such as sticking their tongue out (so to speak) or even trying to run away.