Ideas for new Chao types

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Ideas for new Chao types

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

So I'm currently planning out a possible project I'd like to build in Unity that would basically be a larger and more interactive Chao Garden with a lot of new features. If all goes well and I can make this happen I'll post some more information about it. In the process I've also come up with some new Chao types that I'd like some opinions on (some features I'm trying to implement are referenced because I pulled this list out of the word file I'm planning the game in):

FrankenChao
Description- Chao version of Frankenstein’s monster.
Appearance- Green Chao with dark shadows under eyes and bolt in head.
Acquired by- 25% chance to create when using Chao Cloning Machine
Unique abilities: S in Stamina stat, D in Intelligence stat.

RoboChao
Description- Robotic Chao
Appearance- Silver plated chao with yellow eyes.
Acquired by- Collecting 5 Robot parts in minigames (one is occasionally found during a minigame)
Unique abilities- S in Intelligence stat, D in Stamina stat.

New Chaos Chao
Description- Chao version of Chaos perfected.
Appearance- Identical to Chaos Chao but with Chaos texture and visible brain.
Acquired by- Using seven Chaos Emeralds on Chao Enhancement Machine (Chaos Emeralds are found scattered throughout minigames but rarely appear)
Unique abilities- All stats are S stats.

Hologram Chao
Description- Holographic Chao
Appearance- Semi-transparent with minor glow and hologram lines.
Acquired by- Leaving Chao in Chao Storage System for a lifetime will cause this egg to appear in a garden. (No Chao disappear from storage)
Unique abilities- S in Stamina stat, D in Power stat.

Block Chao
Description- Chao composed of blocks
Appearance- Chao as it would appear in Minecraft basically.
Acquired by- Two will hatch in Block Garden.
Unique abilities- None, just their appearance.

Let me know what you think, or if you have any suggestions.
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Re: Ideas for new Chao types

Post by The Thunder »

I like the sound of you making a custom Chao Garden with Unity, but there's two things about your ideas that I don't exactly agree with.

First of all, in my opinion, the Chao World in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle already have quite a lot of features to them and there's a lot to work with, but since this is more or less my opinion, it's kind of nitpicking. But second, most of these "types" you came up with and how to acquire them sound a little weird and, dare I say it, out of place for any Chao Garden. The one thing I kinda like is the "New Chaos Chao", but I can only suggest making that a texture possibility and not a custom "type". The only new "types" I can recommend are Intelligence and Luck because we never see those stats on any Chao World interface, unless you count the fan game Sonic World, but it would be interesting if you could come up with models for what Chao would look like if Intelligence and Luck were types as well as stats. A Dark Intelligence type Chao for instance could bear a resemblance to Dr. Eggman and a Hero or Neutral Intelligence type (I'm leaning towards Neutral, now that I think about it) could resemble Tails. And I know there's already a Tails Chao, but humor me, especially if they could still come in different colors and have secondary evolution combinations. A Dark Luck type Chao could have somewhat of a resemblance to E-77 "Lucky" (http://www.absoluteanime.com/sonic_x/lucky.jpg) from that Sonic X cartoon, despite that no one likes to talk about it.

That's about all I have to say. I'm sure you're trying to be creative with your own ideas, but if you're working with something that already exists, I think it's a little better to gravitate towards working with the source material and what would make more sense. I also think grades should still be a random thing, only able to have one stat go up in rank per lifespan, but adding Intelligence and Luck to the possibilities of Chao combinations would be an interesting touch.

The Minecraft idea sounds a bit creative, but I would suggest not making a Block Chao its own type. Since you're also thinking of a Block Garden, how about you have any Chao there take on Minecraft appearances while they're in that garden, regardless of type and stats?
Last edited by The Thunder on Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1, 10, 100, 1000, Manjyome!! THUNDER!!
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Hmm... More character chao perhaps? Maybe an immortal version of the famous Sonic Chao?

Honestly, I'd be more interested in just adding things that were (mostly) removed from certain versions of the Gardens, like breed mixing.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
JamminNekoSoaper
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: SHAKE, RATTLE & ROLL!!!! O(≧▽≦)O

Post by JamminNekoSoaper »

What your doing doesnt sound like a good tribute to chao. To create new chao i'd go back to their roots first like remembering how hero chao are bright/lightened colors & neutral chao are "even" colors while dark chao are well.. dark. I'd start the recreation process by making hero chao trippy colors like chartreuse & teal, etc because of how special they are & keep neutral chao "even" colors while making dark chao transparent "odd" colors. (the transparency making them spookier & "odd" colors pertaining to how neutral chao are "even" colored) Now for their evolutions, chao are supposed to look cute, even the evil ones! So i'd change ugly looking chao like the power types from being bulky all over to being bulky in just the right places by making them have that v-shaped body type like ninja muscles. Image
^ Imagine these 2 chao fused but with a buff chest instead of fat stomach.

After fixing ugly chao like those i'd implement body textures ranging from blubbery, fluffy to scaly so it'll be easier for new animals to be added & there'd aslo be inbetween ranges like fluffy+scaly which would look like Mephiles from 06.
Now all that's left would be to make them wear & use things, all of them having different personalities; interacting with eachother & or doing all sorts of stuff.
YOWHAHOWOOHOOHOORAYYAHOOYEEHAWYIHAWWEE~
Image Image
AAAAAWYEAH!! PARTYY HARDYYYY!!!! (\^w^)/ ° \(^w^/)