Chao garden fangame- Autumn garden

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Chao garden fangame- Autumn garden

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

Hello all,

I just began working on the terrain and landscape for a new Chao Garden for the fangame I'm building. I'm planning to add some furnishings to it, but this is what it looks like right now:

Let me know what you think.
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Re: Chao garden fangame- Autumn garden

Post by The Thunder »

Lookin' good so far.
1, 10, 100, 1000, Manjyome!! THUNDER!!
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Whoa!
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
JamminNekoSoaper
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: SHAKE, RATTLE & ROLL!!!! O(≧▽≦)O

Post by JamminNekoSoaper »

Hey, I found this video you might be interested in that looks like it's got a Hero Garden & the Chao have jiggle affects!! :heroblink:
YOWHAHOWOOHOOHOORAYYAHOOYEEHAWYIHAWWEE~
Image Image
AAAAAWYEAH!! PARTYY HARDYYYY!!!! (\^w^)/ ° \(^w^/)
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Everyone else: WOO!

Me:

But how does it playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Looks nice regardless.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
ParakeetGirl12
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: Hi Pokefriends!^-^

Post by ParakeetGirl12 »

This looks so cool!!! You're doing amazing!! :surprise: :surprise: :sway: :sway:
ImageImageImageImage
Help them grow ;W;^~^
:walkto: :wink: :darksurprise: :herosway:
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

chaoadventures wrote:Everyone else: WOO!

Me:

I agree actually, it's not a bad start but after the last chao garden fangame we got (or should I say, didn't get) It ended up cancelling horribly and the hype dropped like a stone in the ocean. I am aware of sonic world's chao garden as well however it did not receive nearly as much positive feedback compared to negative feedback and people were very excited about it when it got announced. Now those people remain disappointed until a new chao garden fangame comes along.

Now i'm not saying yours will end up getting cancelled or fail miserably, but i'm just giving out a warning to everyone, you shouldn't get too excited about this and keep in mind what happened with the last two chao garden fangames. I hate to see everyone so disappointed after seeing them so excited (trust me, I learned that the hard way) and i'm not saying it's wrong to be excited either. Just don't over do it or else you may find yourself to be very disappointed in the future. After all, it is just one image of a rendering we're talking about.

Anyway, great work and keep it up! Will your fangame push past the cancelling line? Will your fangame be better than sonic world's chao garden? Who knows. I will wait patiently and oversee how this game will go, keeping in mind it can get cancelled at anytime. I hope no one will be disappointed with the final results.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Last 2? Isn't it more like every Chao fangame? Even my own project never got more than a half-complete code base, a probably crappy text interface, and a source code release that I suspect no one bothered to compile, much less play. Granted, cleaning up MicroChaoGarden, trying to add a few new features and put it on github so it won't dead link like previous releases are on my to do list if I ever find the time/motivation to work on my personal programming projects.

That said:
Any decent 3D Graphic Designer can give us a nice render of a garden or Chao.
Any decent digital composer can give us a nice garden theme.
Any decent programmer can recreate basic chao behavior.

But a proper Chao Fangame requires all three skill sets, needs them to be more than decent, and requires a level of dedication that would be hard to maintain even if you were getting paid to do it. Even then, I'm probably forgetting something important to game development.

Granted, even fully 3-D, a Chao Garden, or a simple virtual pet in general, is probably a less ambitious project than say, a platformer or an rpg of decent length.
Lunar Dust
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory.

Post by Lunar Dust »

Looks promising so far. Keep it up!
StarLand
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: May not wait for my work...

Post by StarLand »

Hey ChrisOfChaos, you told me in private message you want help or, you could need an supporter?
This was my project: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46001 Once...
Today I read your private message and decided to help out as much as possible if you want.

You know my Chao Garden has a lot of Technics like Parallax Mapping, Water Reflection... to get a
natural and nice Chao Garden. Therefore the team and me made all stuff self-made. :herosway:
  • Blender - Modeling, Animation
  • SketchUp - Modeling - NO USE ANYMORE
  • Unity - Game Engine
  • Magix Music Maker - Sound/Audio Maker/Composer - NO USE ANYMORE
  • Anvil Studio - Sound/Audio Maker/Composer - NO USE ANYMORE
  • MonoDevelop - Scripting - NO USE ANYMORE
  • Autodesk 3DS Max - Modeling, Animation
  • Autodesk Maya - Modeling, Animation
  • Gimp - Graphic
  • Adobe Photoshop - Graphic
Currently I can re-making Chao Garden music with FL Studio.
If you're interested, I could help out in scripting and other stuff, let me know please.

Many greetings StarLand.

edit:

My homepage is down by the way. @ChrisOfChaos, I know a lot of Visual C# and C++. Before I started my old project from 2014, I'd two engines. At the end I decided for Unity instead of A7 Game Engine.
I have much experience in C# and C++. Probably I can write an DLL for you for some good features or something. If I can help out I would like it when you host your project on BitBucked where I can commit my changes with Git or Mercury.

Probably my old friend (3 years ago) would help out again, I just asked TheBlueBlur and SlimPlay, they helped me out with my last project I freeze.
To them, I would use some small parts of my old source and want to use some other parts of my project combined with yours. Probably we can get
the opposite of disappointment. Damn, I want to finish my project, it ends up terrible like ChaoGardenBuster said, I was sad too. But in the past,
Sonic World kicked me, with his own Chao Garden. Then, I got private troubles, was long time in hostpital and in two clinics, where I can't do anything.
Sorry for that but to be serious, I have a backup of my project. And if ChistOfChaos want to add me as co-developer I would continue work.
If not then, sorry to disappointing you guys again.
:cry: :cry: :herocry: :herocry: :darkcry: :darkcry:

@ChrisOfChaos if you're using Visual Studio for programming, you can use TeamServer for example to commit changes.
Much luck, in your project!
ChaoGardenBuster wrote:
chaoadventures wrote:Everyone else: WOO!

Me:

I agree actually, it's not a bad start but after the last chao garden fangame we got (or should I say, didn't get) It ended up cancelling horribly and the hype dropped like a stone in the ocean. I am aware of sonic world's chao garden as well however it did not receive nearly as much positive feedback compared to negative feedback and people were very excited about it when it got announced. Now those people remain disappointed until a new chao garden fangame comes along.

Now i'm not saying yours will end up getting cancelled or fail miserably, but i'm just giving out a warning to everyone, you shouldn't get too excited about this and keep in mind what happened with the last two chao garden fangames. I hate to see everyone so disappointed after seeing them so excited (trust me, I learned that the hard way) and i'm not saying it's wrong to be excited either. Just don't over do it or else you may find yourself to be very disappointed in the future. After all, it is just one image of a rendering we're talking about.

Anyway, great work and keep it up! Will your fangame push past the cancelling line? Will your fangame be better than sonic world's chao garden? Who knows. I will wait patiently and oversee how this game will go, keeping in mind it can get cancelled at anytime. I hope no one will be disappointed with the final results.
I agree, I disappointed all users... after one year the project was slowly more and more silent.
After 3 years, I got a email from chao island, I already forget this page. ChrisOfChaos, sent me pm, I answered this in same day.
Probably I'll comeback. :surprise:

So, 1 year ago I worked on Sonic AK. This was or is an 3D Sonic Game with Sonic Generation like graphics.
http://forum.spindash.de/thread/6856-sp ... n-game-3d/ (German site, just translate with Google Translator)
Probably, if I can trust you and you can trust me, I can use some parts of that fan game like Sonic, we did
him, animated him etc. It was a long time to get a good-looking high-resolution Sonic character.

But @ChrisOfChaos, I won't have much time until the end of the next week, because of private things I've to do.