Chao Project fangame- Chao model/updates

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Chao Project fangame- Chao model/updates

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

Good news!

As some of you probably remember, I've been building a fangame version of the Chao Garden. Since I don't have a name for it yet, I'm calling it The Chao Project. Anyway I have a few updates on the game's progress. Firstly, we now have a logo!

Secondly, I've been building a Chao model for some time now and it's pretty close to finish. It still needs a little work but I've tested some animations on it and am using an earlier version to test the Chao system I'm building in Unity.

Current Chao model:

I'm sure we all could have recognized that tantrum animation right off the bat. It's too cute not to include in the game if you ask me, though.

Been busy with my job so I'm not sure when the next update will be, but you can follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheChaoProject) or dA (http://thechaoproject.deviantart.com/) for updates.

Take care!
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Re: Chao Project fangame- Chao model/updates

Post by The Thunder »

It's good to see that you seem devoted to wanting to bring back Chao World, but from what I've heard here on the forums, past projects have come and gone and I wonder if you're up to the task of creating the wide world of Chao all over again, especially if you wish to implement almost every feature that Sonic Adventure 2: Battle had, which arguably has the best Chao World. Meanwhile, I'm trying to design a video game on my own due to lack of funding and extra hands.
1, 10, 100, 1000, Manjyome!! THUNDER!!
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I can't really comment on the graphics, being blind and all, but you might want to consider keeping future updates all in one thread. No idea if you can request the mods to merge the existing threads, but barring some limitation on newer members I'm unaware of, you can edit the title of an existing thread by editing the initial post. If you can't get a merger, I'd recommend renaming the thread with the most replies and using it as the General thread for this project.

Anyways, here's hoping this project doesn't end up like so many other Chao Fangames.
StarLand
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: May not wait for my work...

Post by StarLand »

Hey there,
I'll give you a tipp. If you want to be Chaos as extendable as possible, use a Chao like a class you can
Here is an code what a code can looks like (template for you):

Code: Select all

using System;
using UnityEngine;

public class Chao : ChaoGardenInteractions
{
   object[] atributes = new { /* ... */ };
   public Chao(string Name, uint Age, Chao.aligment Type, ...) {

}
}
//...
void Start() {
  Chao mychao = new Chao("mychao", 1, Chao.aligment.hero, ...);
  if(mychao.atributes[0] != 2)
     mychao.tired = true;
  //...
}
It's good to see your project work on.
And I wish you much luck.
Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:Anyways, here's hoping this project doesn't end up like so many other Chao Fangames.
Me too.

edit:

As I said the best way is to define a Chao Object as a class there you can create per Chao a new instance.
This is a proof-of-concept:

Code: Select all

using System;
using System.IO;
using UnityEngine;

namespace ChaoWorld
{
	public class Chao : MonoBehaviour
	{
		public bool isChild;
		public enum Atribute : int
		{
			Normal = 0,
			Hero = 1,
			Dark = 2
		}
		public Chao(string Name, uint Age, Chao.Antribute Atribute, isChild, object[] misc)
		{
			if(object.Count<object>() == null) return;
		}
	}
}
//...
static bool loadGame() //Example how to load game states...
{
	try {
		string[] chaos = File.ReadAllLines("saves\\chao\\chaos.sav");
		foreach(var c in chaos)
		{
			if(!c.Contains("isChild") || !c.Contains("isAdult")) throw new "Chao Adult/Child Atribute not found!";
			string[] cc = c.Split(';');
			using(new Chao(cc[0], Convert.ToInt16(cc[1]), null, true, null))
			{
				//...
			}
		}
		return true;
	}
	catch(Exception exc)
	{
		Debug.Error(exc.Message);
		return false;
	}
}