I want to see Chao Adventure 1 and 2's linkup content.

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

I want to see Chao Adventure 1 and 2's linkup content.

Post by UltimaNumber »

While there does exist text info on VMU linkup in Chao Adventure 1 and 2, there doesn't seem to be any videos regarding them, except VMU linkup battling. What I want to see is all the contents of VMU linkup in both games, including Mating, Battling, and the Hello Option, and maybe others that I'm forgetting, all sprites of every Chao type (Includes Garbled and Japanese Light Chaos Chao, on both sides, except for mating, unless they have unused sprites).

The main reasons I'm asking this is because VMU emulation to this day STILL doesn't do VMU Linkup, and I do not have two VMUs. I'm also making a 100% complete Spritesheet of both Chao Adventure 1 and 2, though I'm fully aware that a couple people are making a spritesheet as well. I will also make videos regarding Chao very soon.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Re: I want to see Chao Adventure 1 and 2's linkup content.

Post by Crazo3077 »

I apologize for not responding to one of your many posts on this sooner. I will discuss this topic exclusively on this thread from this point on to keep things organized.

I want to provide you with footage of VMU connections. They will not be great quality visually, but should supply what you are looking for. I cannot promise timeliness, because I currently am out of batteries for them, and will be going on a trip soon. So you may not see anything until next week at the earliest.

If you see this in time, which it seems like you will, I would like you list which specific functions you want tested, so I can have a list to keep track of and do not skip over anything. I warn you, though, that the results on Chao Adventure 1 will be better than Chao Adventure 2, solely because I don't think I have many well-raised Chao on Sonic Adventure 2.

I likely won't respond until I have the footage, so don't worry if I am unresponsive.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by UltimaNumber »

Okay, so, to say it in full details, what I want to see is the following:

Chao Adventure 1:
- Linkup Battling, with both VMUs having the Garbled Chaos Chao, which is the only Chao Bully missing in all the Adventures, just in case they happen to have different garbled sprites on both sides for some reason. If there's any sprites other than the battling, like before or after the battle, would like to show from all types, Child, Swim, Fly, Run, Power, Chaos (Garbled), Chaos (Japanese), unless it's just like any other battle, with the treasure chest and whatnot, or complaining about losing, don't show that. In case you're wondering how to get the Japanese Chao Adventure, you must set the Dreamcast's language to Japanese. Not only will SA be Japanese, but so will Chao Adventure, and the Japanese Chao Adventure fixed the garbled Chaos Chao Sprites, (or in this case, English couldn't quite match the Japanese version).
- Linkup Mating, with all the possible types. I know Child Chao cannot mate, but Adult Normal Type Chao apparently uses the same sprite as the Child, so it's possible to get those sprites. Have two of the same types mate with each other on both sides, for all types. (Makes me wonder if they even made sprites for the Chaos Chao mating...) I don't know if the offspring will have a sprite, or, if it does, the color effects the sprite. I doubt it would, as the color doesn't effect the Chao's sprite, thankfully.
- Perhaps show the effects of linking the two VMUs, like the Owner info being shared.

Chao Adventure 2:
- All the Hello options, which include mating. I don't know any other things the Hello option do, and if they include sprites, definitely include those. But if they only include text or something, only one time is needed. But anyway, assuming the mating has sprites, have all types and alignments mate. Remember that Adult Neutral Normal has the same sprite as the Child. Also remember to show the effects of any of the things the Hello Option does.

That's quite a lot on the checklist, isn't it? I know nothing about VMU batteries, but I heard they die in no time at all, meaning it'll take a while to show even a fraction of this, and I do apologize if this is the case. Especially in Adventure 2, that's 18 different types.

Once we can get footage, we can try to get the sprites and further information on the linkup content. For quality, we can even take what happens in the VMUs, and animate just what happens, so we can show clearly just what happens.

I hope I've explain thoroughly what I wanted to see, for the sake of all Chao fans who maybe is interested in the VMU linkup content!
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

So I found a chance to record Chao Adventure connecting.

https://youtu.be/DZrnZHN1n60

Admittedly, though, I don't think there are any unique sprites involved aside from the loading menu and the egg during mating. Battle seems to behave just like finding a battle in regular gameplay. At least it is out there now.

EDIT: Also I don't have the patience to get a Chaos Chao in Sonic Adventure, so until I can move files more easily from my computer, I can't use Chaos Chao for anything.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by UltimaNumber »

I see! This helps greatly with out research and puts a load off my back! Good to know that the only unique sprite is just a heart and the egg! However, the garbled Chaos Chao still remains a mystery. Hopefully we can see what that one may or may not look like soon. Also, I'm aware that while the two Chao's sprites are the same, just mirrored, the garbled Chaos may be different, and if so, that's most likely proof that it counts as a different sprite.

If Sonic Adventure 2's mating does the same thing, then the whole mystery would already be solved. Good thing we don't need to worry about it being garble there!
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs