Floating eggs?

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Nessie
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Floating eggs?

Post by Nessie »

I was playing SA on steam and it isn't as good as the game cube version.

One thing I noticed was that the gold and silver eggs in the field would not float in water but they both do in the gardens. It is interesting since the silver egg floats to the shore though that might be scripted or something.

I think it is because floating objects are harder to pick up in deep water. Not sure if it is the same on the Game Cube version.
sanicandchoa
Child Chao
Child Chao

Re: Floating eggs?

Post by sanicandchoa »

IIRC the adventure field Gold and Silver Chao eggs are completely seperate objects from the actual Chao garden eggs.
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

Not to mention the Gold Egg actually looks Gold when you bring it to the Chao Garden. On the overworld, it looks more copper just as it's getting enough sun to start turning green.
1, 10, 100, 1000, Manjyome!! THUNDER!!
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

Does that really make a big difference? PC and GameCube are two very different platforms, we can't expect everything between them to be the same. Also that sounds like an improvement, considering that if you drop the Egg in the water and it floats it would be a pain to grab it rather than if it sinks to the bottom of the water and you can just dive down and grab it.