Chao Adventure Strange Text [SOLVED]

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Chao Adventure Strange Text [SOLVED]

Post by UltimaNumber »

Yesterday, I was playing Chao Adventure on Makaron's VMS emulator, which, for the record, is the best VMU emulator as far as I'm concerned since it actually let's you save unlike DirectVMS/SoftVMS, but anyway, I was taking my Chao for a walk, and at 2PM, my Chao had mail for me. It read, errors included:
CHAO'S QUIZ WORLD!HOW MANY KINDS OF SMALL ANIMALS ?ERUTNEVDA CINOS NI EREHT ERA

It would appear that after 32 Characters have been loaded from a single loadable message, the rest just reads backwards for some reason. I'm not sure if this is an Emulator issue, or if Chao Adventure is badly programmed with these messages.

Also, I looked into the games text, which you can actually read if you change the VMS file into a .txt file. There seems to be some text that goes on for 32 characters, and then just read backwards, like: "UNKNOWN BLUE HEDGEHOG ARRESTED F!GNIDEEPS RO" But at one point, I THOUGHT this actually read like it was supposed to read.

I think someone should actually test out if this actually happens in the Physical copy of Chao Adventure, or if they remember this happening. The backward messages only seem to appear on the hour type messages, and these messages are tied to what time it is too. If you want to repeat what I encountered, try to play Chao Adventure around 2PM or 4PM and see if your Chao is like "CHAO'S QUIZ WORLD!" And then asks a question or "NEW'S FLASH!" that one seems to have more backward's messages.

EDIT: It's just an emulation issue, the fault of Makaron's VMU emulator. DirectVMS/SoftVMS displays these messages correctly

Also, for the record, text in Chao Adventure 2 on Makaron's VMU emulator is VERY slow! Let me know if you want me to change the topic to emulation issues, cause there seems to be lot.
Last edited by UltimaNumber on Mon May 15, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Re: Chao Adventure Strange Text

Post by Mooncow »

I don't remember the quiz thing at all, but I definitely don't remember any backwards text!!
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

I also don't remember backwards text. I do remember that question though.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Post by UltimaNumber »

I will do my best to see if it is just an emulator issue, see if DirectVMS/SoftVMS does a similar thing, and if it does, then the only proof I need is the physical VMU showing these messages. btw, I will also do my best to bring up all the info I know on Chao Adventure once I'm done playing Chao Adventure a dozen 100s of times.
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
Arctic
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: trans rights

Post by Arctic »

I have a physical copy of the game and VMU and I don't remember ever seeing anything like this. I remember a few quizzes but never backwards text, I'm sure I would have remembered that if it had happened xD