My Chaos Chao journal

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

My Chaos Chao journal

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

So I'm evolving one of my Chao into a Chaos Chao, and I've decided to keep a journal on it's progress and track it with Fusion's Chao Editor. I've got a Chaos Chao on my GameCube but haven't evolved one on the PC version yet. Couple of notes:

-Mainly doing this because I think it'll be cool to gather more information on tracking a Chao with Fusion's Editor. I can gather more data on how it's stats are affected and how to track certain values of a Chao with the Editor. Also I want to complete all the races and unlock all those fun toys for my gardens.
-The Chao is 4 years old, he's reincarnated once already, and his stats are SABSS. Currently he's a Run type and I'm raising him with four other Chao that I want to reincarnate.
-Planning on breeding him to get an all-S Chao sooner or later. I'm not turning him into one because I don't really think it's worth it at the moment. Before I make him a Chaos Chao I'll breed a Chao with the same stats as him (better if possible but I doubt it), evolve him into an all-S Chao, then make him a Chaos Chao. Eventually I'll focus on getting a "perfect" Chaos Chao, just not yet.
-I'll be updating weekly at least, probably daily for now but it depends. Real-world stuff will probably be keeping me busier than ever in due time and I might take breaks from this on occasion.

Here's a picture of my Chao by the way (man I'm glad I got him in that pose wasn't even trying!):

Cheers. Happy Memorial Day!
Last edited by ChrisOfChaos on Tue May 30, 2017 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Re: My Chaos Chao journal

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

So tonight I'm going to take a crack at raising his stats by a few hundred (thousand hopefully), then run the game for an hour to find out how much the age value will decrease in one hour exactly in the Editor. Hoping this will give me a better idea of how long I can leave him unsupervised without him reincarnating. I'll post an update later tonight.
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

Have an update. I checked my Chao's age in the Editor before and after waiting an hour. Before it was 1481, then an hour later it had 1066 remaining. So Chao age roughly 400 points an hour, at least by the Editor metric. I'm not sure how much happiness affects this because my Chao's happiness is maxed out, but going off the assumption that we raise a Chao with max happiness for most of it's life it would life about 10% of it's life an hour, so a Chao whose happiness is maxed out early on enough in it's life would live a lifetime in roughly 10 hours. I'd approximate that to twelve to account for the time it takes to max a Chao's happiness but I'd say we can estimate a happy enough Chao will live between 10-12 hours before reincarnating.

I'll be able to give more details once my Chao reincarnates. I'll track how quickly it ages in an hour to see what kind of difference happiness makes. I know it makes a difference I'm just not sure about the exact numbers. Anyway as far as my little test applies to my goal with Chaoski, I think I can safely estimate that he'll reincarnate in a little over two hours. Good to know it won't be much longer, I can leave the game running tomorrow morning before my routine, let him reincarnate, and start prepping him to become a Chaos Chao when I get home. I've improved all of his stats by a few hundred as well, so that's something. Might try to improve them again for a bit tomorrow.

Interestingly I also had two of my Chao breed two new Chao in that mere hour. It really surprises me how often they produce offspring when I don't interfere at all.

Anyway, backing up Chaoski and calling it a night.
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

Chaoski reincarnated! My estimations were about right so it took about 2 and a half hours. He's now in his second lifetime and ready to be evolved into a Chaos Chao. Anyway upon reincarnation most of his stats were at least 100, but I decided to raise his Fly and Power stats to that level with Chaos Drives because I was under the impression they didn't affect a Chao's evolution. Turns out, they DO, at least according to what I saw in Fusion's Chao Editor. I'm going to even this back out with more Chaos drives before I give him any animals, just to be safe, then I'll begin giving him one of every animal. He just reincarnated a few minutes ago so I should have plenty of time.
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

He evolved! This is a great moment... :cry: ...so happy. I actually kept thinking he'd turn into a Chaos Chao when he reincarnated a third time, must have been remembering incorrectly. So glad this worked so well. Now going to raise his stats as high as they'll go and race him, do karate, stuff like that. Obviously I'll be making a backup of him very soon. Glad he evolved tonight too, this way I don't have to leave my PC on overnight.