Chao Island The Video Game - A game by the community, for the community!!

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Gecklo
Egg
Egg
Motto: It's a me, 'a Gecklo!

Chao Island The Video Game - A game by the community, for the community!!

Post by Gecklo »

Chao Stadium is on a sad indefinite hiatus :no: , and may never lift off the ground again. The Chao Community deserves a chao game. And gosh Diggity darn it, were gonna get one. Even if it's not exactly what we wanted.

I alone can not provide such a game. No, my friends. It's gonna take the entire community. I'm announcing Chao Island The Video Game, otherwise "CITVG". And how will an entire community, most of which having any clue about game programming, work on one game you ask?

Simple. We're building the game on RPG Maker. Of course, it won't be THE chao game everyone has always wanted, but it will be a community game. A celebration of the outstanding work we all have done to preserve the love of chao all these many years later. I will head the project, putting it together in RPG Maker. But I'm merely the "programmer". Its up to the rest of us to write the story, submit pictures of our chao for in-game use, determine game elements, and do so much more. A game for the chao lovers by the chao lovers. Each of you can take part in this Chao Island celebration by simply helping to shape the way the game turns out, even if you simply want your chao to make an appearance, so it shall.

Let it be wild. Let it be wacky. This is a community game through and through, and it should celebrate all of us and our chaos alike. Let's make it happen people.

The official discord for CITVG can be found here https://discord.gg/dhFcnV5 :darkhappy:
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Chao Island The Video Game - A game by the community, for the community!!

Post by chaoadventures »

This is cool but, who the heck are you what exactly is the general premise of this? If I'm following this, it's an RPG with gameplay and a plot surrounding the chao themselves, correct?

Anywho, I'm not much of a Discord guy (or any chat really), but I'm more than up for submitting ideas and potentially art for this.

Also, for reference, which version of RPG Maker are we working with?

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Gecklo
Egg
Egg

Post by Gecklo »

Ah yes. I forgot forum users may not have a clue who I am. As of February, ive been a media manager for Chao Island. Im helping Mooncow to launch the official youtube channel as well as an active member of the very large Chao Island discord community. Haha, i havent used the CI forums for years, and forgot the name of my previous account. Anyhoo, The premise is not yet determined, as its currently being discussed by those already on board. The version will be MV, and any submissions you have would be absolutely appreciated, my friend.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

As of February, ive been a media manager for Chao Island.

i havent used the CI forums for years, and forgot the name of my previous account.

somethings not adding up here
Gecklo
Egg
Egg

Post by Gecklo »

What i mean, is that i havent used the forums for years. However i use the discord chats to talk to everyone. Im not really a forum person Triert. And if im not mistaken, you yourself are on Fox's server. As of february i have been helping out the team directly, but i havent been using the forums to do so. My actual personal forum account is long gone, so i just made this temporary new one.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

Thanks for the extra clarification, and I'm not in fox's server.
Gecklo
Egg
Egg

Post by Gecklo »

I could have sworn the last time i was in Fox's server, or, Nano as some of or most of you know him, i could have sworn i saw your name. Perhaps people were just talking about you
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

I find it relevant to link to this topic, because there were some good ideas being tossed around in it: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=47028

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.