It Takes a Village to Raise a Chao: Remastered!

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

It Takes a Village to Raise a Chao: Remastered!

Post by CitrusCat »

Remember this old thing?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46871

Well, I'm finally bringing it back. I'm taking Zeekchaos' advice to heart and recreating everything on SA2 PC for Steam, so we will mostly pick things up from where we left off. And since I will be using Fusion's Chao Editor, that means that there will be even more possibilities!

So, for anyone who doesn't feel like reading the original topic, this is basically a little activity I came up with where we raise a Chao Garden together as a sort of group effort. You can make suggestions that can influence the choices I make in the Garden. Here's a list of the suggestions you could make, as listed in the original topic:
-Chao name suggestions! I'd give a description of any new Chao I'd get, and you guys can come up with name ideas! Just make sure they fit in the 7-character limit, and no inappropriate names of course. Or, you can just tell me to take whatever name the Fortune Teller gives me first.

-Evolution suggestions! Similar to the above, but instead suggest what type I should try to evolve the Chao into. First and Second Evolution suggestions are accepted.

-Black Market purchases! Want me to buy a new Chao Egg of a specific color? Want me to buy a hat? A Heart Fruit? A seed? Feel free to suggest that, too! If I don't have enough Rings right away, though, don't be too disappointed.

-Kindergarten! Of course, we have no control over the current lesson, but you can suggest for me to bring any Chao to class.

-Characters! Want me to raise certain Chao as a specific character? Go ahead and suggest that.

-Races and Karate...? This one is slightly iffy, since I already have almost all of the Emblems for these anyway. But, if you still want me to enter a Chao in a Race or Karate, go ahead and tell me. Just keep in mind that I might not actually do it unless the Chao in question has the proper stats.

-Specific Chao interactions! Want me to spoil a specific Chao? Want me to neglect another one for some reason? Want me to completely beat one of the Chao senseless? You monster! But, nothing's stopping you from suggesting this.
And now, here's the NEW stuff!

-Stat manipulation! Want a Chao to be a good swimmer? Want a Chao's running stat to be completely maxed out? This is now very easily possible thanks to Fusion's Chao Editor.

-Face Manipulation! Faces can now be edited, and there are more options. For example, you could give a Chao the eyes of a Chaos Chao.

-New color options! You can now suggest for a new Chao to have any of the colors and textures you can apply in Fusion's Chao Editor.

-More Chao types! Want an Egg Chao? Omochao? Tails/Knuckles/Amy Chao? These are now possible, too! You can now suggest these options when we add a new Chao to the Garden.

-Glitched Evolutions! Fusion's Chao Editor gives you an option to go beyond the limitations of Second Evolutions, and you can get some very strange results... Such as this:
Spoiler:
And on that note, since I am using the Steam version of this game, that means I can include proper screenshots in my updates!
Here's our current Chao so far:

In order: Kosmo, Lettuce, Sonic, and Mango.

The unnamed Chao from the Hero Garden.

The unnamed Chao from the Dark Garden.

Before we continue, just note that I don't have the Battle DLC, so it seems that Chao Karate won't be possible this time around.
Also, Mango didn't actually evolve in the original topic. I just wanted to have at least one Chao that I could personalize a little bit, I hope you don't mind.

Anyway, suggest away! Hopefully we can finally get some names for those two baby Chao.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Re: It Takes a Village to Raise a Chao: Remastered!

Post by ShadriaFan »

Go to Hero Garden, name it Shady. :p
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Unmisterious
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Unmisterious »

Go to Dark Garden, name it Angel. :P
Darksonicchao3
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Darksonicchao3 »

ShadriaFan wrote:Go to Hero Garden, name it Shady. :p
Second this
create wood texture chao and name woodwnd make it an amy chao :herocool:
I like SADX
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

Alright, here we go!

Here's Shady! I wonder what we should evolve it into... A Dark Chao to match the name, or a Hero Chao to match the Garden? Hmm...

Here's Angel.

And lastly, here's "Woodwnd", as Darksonicchao3 suggested. It took me a little while to find the wooden stump texture, but eventually things worked out. Here's a comparison of their textures.

Sorry this update's a bit short, hopefully things will get interesting soon.
What is my life anymore?
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by ShadriaFan »

Check Angel's stats, favorite foods if there is one. Plant the preferred seed in the dark garden. :darksway:
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

^
That was already done in the original topic. Angel didn't have a name back then, of course, but they were from the Egg that came with the Dark Garden.

Here's the direct quote:
CitrusCat wrote:DARK GARDEN:

Normal Eyes, No Mouth.
It is... A blank personality? There's nothing there... And it likes Triangle Fruit.
(Hmm...)
Stats: A/E/D/B/C
And since I recreated all these Chao to revive this, the Chao's information should still be the same as it was when we left off.
What is my life anymore?
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by SwifterTheDragon »

Use Fusion's Chao Editor to manipulate the game's memory for rings to have a value that is at minimum enough for you yourself to purchase one shiny magenta (or whatever is closest possible in Fusion's Chao Editor, I do not have the ability to look at the list myself currently unless it is somewhere on the Internet.) egg and four Skill Fruits from the Black Market using the Hero character, "Sonic". Place and hatch egg previously mentioned egg in Hero Garden whilst still using "Sonic". Feed the four previously mentioned Skill Fruits to previously hatched Chao using "Sonic". Check and define current swim grade alphabetic value, current fly grade alphabetic value, current run grade alphabetic value, current power grade alphabetic value, current stamina grade alphabetic value, current intelligence grade numeric value, current luck grade numeric value and both parent's and grandparent's previously mentioned values. Check and define both Chao's eye type and Chao's mouth type.

Are you using Chao World Extended? It would allow you to obtain the ability to capture screenshots of Chao and Chao only, with the currently used character off-screen. It would also allow many other abilities that we could give suggestions on what and what not to toggle on and off.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

^
Yes, I am using Chao World Extended. How do I take screenshots that way?
What is my life anymore?
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

If you currently have Chao World Extended enabled, you should be able to view all the codes that Chao World Extended provides. A few of these codes should be in the category of "Better Camera Control". For key bindings on the keyboard code with and without the numpad and/or controller controls, view the topic on the topic of Chao World Extended itself. Previously mentioned codes allow you to zoom out and in the camera lock the camera's position and angle as you please. With these said codes enabled, you obtain the ability to create screenshots of Chao without the game's provided camera permanently locked on to player's choice of selected character.
Last edited by SwifterTheDragon on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

Oh right, I had completely forgotten about that code since I didn't use it too much. I'll check to see if I still have it activated. Thanks!
What is my life anymore?
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

SwifterTheDragon wrote:Use Fusion's Chao Editor to manipulate the game's memory for rings to have a value that is at minimum enough for you yourself to purchase one shiny magenta (or whatever is closest possible in Fusion's Chao Editor, I do not have the ability to look at the list myself currently unless it is somewhere on the Internet.) egg and four Skill Fruits from the Black Market using the Hero character, "Sonic". Place and hatch egg previously mentioned egg in Hero Garden whilst still using "Sonic". Feed the four previously mentioned Skill Fruits to previously hatched Chao using "Sonic". Check and define current swim grade alphabetic value, current fly grade alphabetic value, current run grade alphabetic value, current power grade alphabetic value, current stamina grade alphabetic value, current intelligence grade numeric value, current luck grade numeric value and both parent's and grandparent's previously mentioned values. Check and define both Chao's eye type and Chao's mouth type.
Sorry for double-posting, this topic kinda died. But now I finally got around to... "Attempting" this. I think I should put a limit on how many things you can request at once...

First off, the first part is not really applicable, since Magenta isn't even one of the normal colors. As it turns out, it's one of those weird transparent colors that can be accessed in the editor alongside many other oddly-specific shades of colors (such as "plum", "medium orchid", and "dark slate blue"). Although the transparency won't actually apply to us here since you asked for a Shiny one. So... OK then.

And I mean, sure, maybe Fusion's Chao Editor can edit the Black Market to have that Egg, but... What's even the point of spending Rings at all if I can just spawn it into existence, right?

Anyway, it's time to hatch an egg:

Here's what the new Chao looks like. Yes, this is the actual face they were born with. I think it's due to another Chao World Extended mod, if I remember correctly.

And the stats:

Not pictured: This Chao has no personality listed, and likes Triangle Fruit.
The doctor also told me they were lonely, for some reason.

Also, their Intelligence is 3, and Luck is 2.

And I was gonna do more, but some things were unclear. What did you mean by Skill Fruit, exactly? I don't believe there's a fruit under that specific name, unless you meant it as a more general term? And as for the last part, what did you mean by the parents' and grandparents' values? This Chao isn't exactly part of a family tree... Did you mean to look at their DNA?

Well, regardless, this new Chao is gonna need a name.
What is my life anymore?
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by ShadriaFan »

Name Magenta 'Maggie', 'Tini' (It looks similar to Shiny DraTINI), or maybe 'Peach'? :p
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

ShadriaFan wrote:Name Magenta 'Maggie', 'Tini' (It looks similar to Shiny DraTINI), or maybe 'Peach'? :p

I agree. Name her "Maggie."

Please show us Maggie's DNA. Parent and Grandparent DNA.

In not sure why I asked you to put it into the Black Market. Whatever.

If you edit the times that the Black Market is selling, there's an unused item called Intelligence Fruit.

Please give her one of each fly type animal. Fly is the best grade. Or just use Fusion's Chao Editor to give Maggie the abilities for each fly type animal.

Ignore what the Doctor said about Maggie being lonely, you have a code on and it noticed that Maggie isn't very happy yet. Keep petting her until you can whistle to call her.

Those Intelligence and Luck grades are serious **** honestly.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Yeah, go with Maggie.
SwifterTheDragon wrote:Please show us Maggie's DNA. Parent and Grandparent DNA.
uhhh also just gonna go out on a limb and say that black market/freshly spawned egg chao have set dna so I think maggie's dna is just "shiny pink" with the grades of "EBDED" all the way through

but taking a look is worth it because I don't remember how chao genes and fusion's editor work well enough, so I could easily be very very wrong

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

I actually like the name Peach, but I already have a Chao with that name in another save file. So, Maggie it is!

I'll try to get to the other parts of the request later. Unfortunately, I've been busy with college, so I haven't had much time to play with Chao lately.

Also, I wanted to experiment with Fusion's Chao Editor for a second, so I ended up adding another Chao to the garden. So, um...
Spoiler:
Please forgive me for this.
What is my life anymore?
CherryPie
Egg
Egg
Motto: The Chao Im Holding Is Named Honey!

Post by CherryPie »

im a bit late but can i join?
i got Some Chaos Chao Special Chao You Know The Usual. :darkcool:
(and some kid chao but thats implied)