Hatching effect on expressions?

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Hatching effect on expressions?

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

Just wondering about the information on Chao Island that says throwing a Chao Egg to hatch it doesn't affect it's expressions. Is this accurate? Last time I hatched a Chao by throwing it they were born with and retained an angry face for the rest of their life.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Hatching effect on expressions?

Post by chaoadventures »

To my knowledge, the face of a chao, along with its grades, personality, and favorite fruit, is decided when the egg itself is created (after mating or bought from the Black Market for example).

Basically, if you hatched that chao by shaking or waiting, it would still have the same set of attributes every time, so you'd have to make a completely different egg every time for different attributes.
...Or you could just, not save your game right before getting a new egg.

The proof I have is that almost every chao I got when I was say, 4 to 8 years old was hatched by throwing, so I would imagine that all of them would be angry or frowning.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Re: Hatching effect on expressions?

Post by SwifterTheDragon »

A Chao's face is deterred the moment is is bought from the Black Market, or is loaded. If you start an entirely new save file, load up the Chao Lobby, every Chao in that she file has determined their face. The Chao's face cannot be changed after this happens. No matter what way you hatch your Chao, their face will not change.

My proof is using Fusion's Chao Editor. It tells me what a Chao's face would look like before I hatch any egg, or as soon as I buy it from the Black Market.

Chao Island's information on this is definitely accurate.