ChaoArcade Chao Tournaments! Watch your chao compete against each other live!

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Mindacos
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

ChaoArcade Chao Tournaments! Watch your chao compete against each other live!

Post by Mindacos »

So about a year and a half ago, Mooncow had the idea of making a Chao Race Championship, however due to what looked to be time constraints, the tournament really never saw the light.

I read this up a few months ago and I thought to myself, hey, why not give this tournament thing a shot? And this is how I came up with the idea of the ChaoArcade Chao Tournaments!

I've ran a couple of tournaments at first to ensure that it'd work and that everything would be balanced enough, and after successfully being able to host 4(technically 5) tournaments, it's time to announce it to the public!

(Poster coming soon!)

--------

The tournaments will be divided in two different categories:

The Rebalanced Chao Racing Tournament!
  • -In this tournament, both strong and weak chao will have a chance to shine! Both strong and weak chao's stats will be balanced so that everyone has a chance to shine in the tournament and win races!

-The rounds will be played as an 8 Chao Free-For-All. The top 4 move on to the winners bracket, while the bottom 4 move on to the losers bracket. If a chao loses in the loser's bracket, it'll be eliminated.

-The Grand Finals will be a bit different, as the final chao will go in an "All-or-Nothing" round, where only the first placed chao will win the race, and therefore the tournament!

-You can submit up to 8 chao per tournament.(Subject to change!)

The Anything Goes Chao Karate Tournament!
  • -Unlike in the Chao Racing Tournament, in this tournament there will be NO rebalancing. Each one of your strongest chao will duke it out at their fullest to be able to win themselves a championship belt. Although only the best of the best will get far in this tournament though, anyone can participate!

-The rounds will be played in a best 2 out of 3 format. The first chao to win twice will qualify for the next round. The winners/losers format used on the Racing Tournament will also be used here.

-On the Winners, Losers and WvL Finals, the sets will be 3 out of 5; first chao to win thrice wins the match. On the Grand Finals, it'll also be a set of 3 out of 5, however if the chao that's on the winner's bracket loses, there'll be a reset where the chao will play as if it's in losers. Thus, the chao in the loser's bracket needs to win 6 rounds in order to win the tournament.

-You can submit up to 4 chao per tournament.(Subject to change!)
-------------

The schedule for the next tournaments is the following:

Rebalanced Chao Racing Tournament #5(128 participating chao!): August 12th(1:00 PM UTC-5)(Round 1 and 2 Pools) and August 13th(1:00 PM UTC-5)(Round 3 to Grand Finals!) Finished! Congratulations to LimitCrown's Plum for winning the tournament!
Results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Anything Goes Chao Karate Tournament #1: TBA

Rebalanced Chao Racing Tournament #6(64 participating chao!): September 2nd(1:00 PM UTC -5)

Future tournaments: Soon...

-------------

FAQ:

Q: Am I allowed to submit hacked chao?
A: To an extent, hacked chao are ok to use in the Chao Racing Tournament(Subject to change!), as their stats would be adjusted to fit the tournament either way.
On the Chao Karate Tournament however, hacked chao are strictly NOT allowed. Only changing a chao's appearance is fine for the moment, however i'd advise against it if this changes in the future.

Q: How do I submit my chao for the tournaments?
A: Simply send either my forum account or my discord account "mindacos" with a download link with your .chao file.

Q: How do I get my .chao file?
A: Read up on this guide, it has everything you need to know: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =676904058

Q: Do I have to resubmit my chao in order to enter them for future tournaments?
A: Only if you feel that you've made a necessary appearance/stat change to your chao, but otherwise you won't have to. Once you've entered a chao in the tournament, it'll be entered into a rotation pool along with all the other previously submitted chao, so that they can keep participating in future tournaments if they're selected.

Q: Am I able to enter my GC/Dreamcast/X360/PS3 chao?
A: There's a guide that teaches you how to import your chao to PC here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=46667 if you can get them on your PC then you'll be able to enter them into the tournament!
Although I'm not sure if there's a guide for the other three systems, so for those two the answer is unfortunately no(for the moment).

Q: Are there going to be any prizes?
A: As a matter of fact, there will be prizes! Whichever chao gets 1st place in a tournament will get a drawing made for them! Courtesy of Superchaomusou and/or DarkyBenji.

Q: When are the next tournaments going to be?
A: I'll be updating on the forums as frequently as I can on when the next chao tournaments will occur.

Q: Where will I be able to watch the tournaments?
A: The tournaments will be hosted on the ChaoArcade channel: https://www.twitch.tv/chaoarcade

So what are you waiting for? Sign-up your chao now and watch them compete against each other live!
Last edited by Mindacos on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: ChaoArcade Chao Tournaments! Watch your chao compete against eachother live!

Post by chaoadventures »

when your best chao reincarnated before this was announced on the forums

Anyways, this is cool. Can't say I have any chao I feel are ready to go, on hand right now though.

also I'm 90% "each other" is two separate words, because my grammar spider-sense is tingling over it, even though this post has two lowercase only sentences

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Re: ChaoArcade Chao Tournaments! Watch your chao compete against each other live!

Post by Chao Professor »

Hey, this sounds like fun. I might give it a shot
Image It's still thinking...
Mindacos
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Re: ChaoArcade Chao Tournaments! Watch your chao compete against each other live!

Post by Mindacos »

Sign-ups for the 6th Rebalanced Chao Racing Tournament end on September 1st, so be sure to submit your chao soon if you want to participate!