Demo in progress

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Demo in progress

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

So after a lot of work from my dev team, we've finally built enough features to begin putting a presentation demo of The Chao Project fangame together. I feel I should clarify up front that this is by no means a demo of a full-fledged Chao garden system, and you won't be getting a demo of what the final game will be like. The game is still far from completed but we are proud of what we've achieved so far and want to really show people how far we have come. The demo will showcase many of our current features, including our completed garden models, some of the Chao breeds that will be included in the game, and the major elements of the Chao system that we've completed.

Again, I feel I should reiterate that this is not a demo of the game itself. It's more of an in-production showcase of what we've accomplished and shows how the game development is progressing. Think of at as a demo that allows you to see into the game's production and try out the features that we have built for yourself. It's not going to be a full-on, nearly complete Chao system just like the Sonic Adventure games because we simply have not gotten that far yet. We're nowhere near that stage of development and have a long way to go before we can release a demo of what the final game will be like. The reason I'm making this clear is because I don't want people to hope for a demo where you can raise Chao just like in the games and end up disappointed.

While you'll be able to play it without one, this demo is being built mostly for the HTC Vive platform and will have full Vive support. You can still play and enjoy the demo without a headset, however, and some features will not be available in the VR version, and vice versa. The demo overall may be VR oriented but we're building it with non VR players in mind as well.

I'm afraid I can't set a release date for this demo yet. There's still a lot to do and test, but I'm hopeful that we'll have it ready within the next couple of weeks. I would say mid to late September is the latest the demo will be released by.

If you don't know what The Chao Project is, you can find out more here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=48365