Popularity of Chao in Other Places

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Popularity of Chao in Other Places

Post by Mamkute »

I was directed to a post on Reddit discussing chao. It is pretty funny to see people be so surprised about things most of us take for granted (there are multiple gardens? There are chao that look like Shadow?) I find it really great to see people remember chao, and to just see how many people do, too. And how many people say chao need to return. Plus it is so fun and innocent. Although I am not linking because language, so maybe innocent is not the best descriptor in some ways.

But I guess as a more general point of discussion, have you seen chao be discussed elsewhere beyond CI? When? What sort of response did they have to chao? I guess most people just recall chao, and SA2B and SADX in general, as a fond but distant childhood memory. Do you know of people who enjoyed Sonic Adventures but disliked chao? Discuss general reception to the chao raising from a non-CI perspective.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Popularity of Chao in Other Places

Post by chaoadventures »

I usually see it when I look at something relating to SA2B, such as Youtube comments, people looking for info on mods for the PC version, or otherwise passing thoughts on SA2B.

The response is usually either "oh man I loved those little guys they're better than the main game" or "why did they put the last 5 or so emblems behind these losers".
Mostly the first one.

also this

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

I've met people who say they just played City Escape and then played with the Chao, and they'll say this just from the mention of Sonic Adventure 2. I don't have the down time to look around the web as much anymore, so I don't see much that isn't from people I already know.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

They occasionally get a mention in the SADX and SA2B general hacking threads on Sonic Retro, but they're usually brief and often mention them in a purely technical sense and often as a small aspect of some larger mod.

Other than that, Sonic in general seldom gets mentioned on the parts of the Internet I frequent, and mentions of Chao are rarer still.
Nessie
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Nessie »

On my other forum, I like to give others chao avatars, few knew what they were but most groaned when they saw yet another chao avatar.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Post by Chao Professor »

None of my friends really know much about Sonic, let alone chao, so I don't find myself discussing anything chao-related at school. Or anywhere else but online, really. The fanbase tends to have positive outlooks on the Adventure games, and chao have to be one of the most memorable aspects of them. I haven't really met anyone who straight up disliked the chao garden, and as that video proves, alot of us want it to return.
Image It's still thinking...
RoarkVegeta
Egg
Egg

Post by RoarkVegeta »

It's still pretty well known on Youtube. Getting it remastered certainly helps.

Not the same level as the mileseeveeprower days, but if you search "chao garden" or similar by upload date, there's something probably every day.