Invisible Chao console-exclusive?

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Invisible Chao console-exclusive?

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

So if I'm correct, even if I tried to use Fusion's Chao Editor, it's completely impossible to get invisible or semi transparent Chao on the PC? If so that is a real shame. I've always wondered about whether it could be done on PC if I hacked, but probably not because it's a visual issue and likely wasn't a deliberate change.
Mayo
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: Hey hey! This is SapphireChao

Re: Invisible Chao console-exclusive?

Post by Mayo »

You can get Invisible and transparent Chao to show up using Fusion's editor. You can set it under the base colour drop down menu. Alternatively, if you change a Chao to have texture, select it's colour and make it shiny, it will also show as transparent or invisible.
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Re: Invisible Chao console-exclusive?

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

So I tested it out, and "transferred" one of my Semi-Transparent Chao from my GameCube to PC using Fusion's Chao Editor (basically copied every bit of data I found on the Chao and used it to make a perfect copy). In doing so, I noticed that attempting to make the Chao shiny removes it's transparency and causes it to resemble a Bright Chao. So it seems that Bright Chao are the result of the Chao's shininess, and are definitely a glitch, not intentional. Still looks pretty cool though.