Summer of Sonic event returns for 2016!

General stuff to do with the blue blur! Talk about him, his friends, the TV show, whatever you like!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Summer of Sonic event returns for 2016!

Post by Chao Professor »

If you're near London on August 6th and you're still crazy about Sonic after 25 years, I reccomend checking this out:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tb ... e-more-run

So, for those who don't know, Summer of Sonic is a yearly convention for...well....Sonic! It started way back in 2008, and it's very popular. It's basically the Uk equalivent to America's yearly Sonic Boom convention. They usually pick a theme for the day, like Metal Sonic, or Badniks. I failed to get tickets for 2014's event, and 2015's was cancelled, so I made sure to book tickets for 2016's as soon as they were released. I've never been before, but I'm super excited!! I wonder, is anyone else on Chao Island attending this year? Since it's Sonic's 25th, it's gonna be quite a huge celebration. The only way to get into the venue is with a ticket, and the only way to get a ticket is to pledge at least £20 to their Kickstarter. They're almost at £20,000, so they're really going all out this year.

I'm dragging my older sister along, and even she's excited about it. She's decided to cosplay as Eggman, while I'm going with a safer option as Amy Rose. We're gonna get some strange looks on the train...heh....

So, who else is going (or at least considering?) :thinking: :walkto: :chaohappy:
Image It's still thinking...
ZipoCXG
Chao Artist
Chao Artist
Motto: Well have you had curry?

Re: Summer of Sonic event returns for 2016!

Post by ZipoCXG »

I'd like to attend Summer of Sonic someday, but alas, the UK is a bit beyond my reach. I am however planning on attending the "Sonic Boom" for this year, which is supposed to be in San Diego.
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Re: Summer of Sonic event returns for 2016!

Post by Mooncow »

Chao Professor wrote: I'm dragging my older sister along, and even she's excited about it. She's decided to cosplay as Eggman, while I'm going with a safer option as Amy Rose. We're gonna get some strange looks on the train...heh....

So, who else is going (or at least considering?) :thinking: :walkto: :chaohappy:
Wish I saw this before, I was there and so was JmTsHaW! Will make a post about it later today.
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.