Character Discussion: Fang the Sniper

General stuff to do with the blue blur! Talk about him, his friends, the TV show, whatever you like!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Character Discussion: Fang the Sniper

Post by Ivogoji »

Reminder that anyone can make new discussion topics, I'm not the only one.

This is our official thread for discussing Fang the Sniper, aka Nack the Weasel.

A fan favorite character from the classic era, Fang was introduced in Sonic Triple Trouble as a villain out to steal the Chaos Emeralds that Sonic and Tails had to overcome in each Special Stage. He later appeared as a payable character in Sonic Drift 2 and Sonic the Fighters alongside the maincast. There were plans to include him as a boss in the canceled Sonic X-treme. Nack was also introduced in the Archie comics where he was revealed to have a sister named Niccolete, and in the Fleetway comic where he was a founding member of the Chaotix before turning to crime.

Fang hasn't had a major role in the games since the Saturn era, though he has made cameo appearances in Sonic Generations and Sonic Mania. He's best known as a character for his use of guns, and as an early villain who wasn't connected to Dr. Eggman, instead being an independent operator.

According to his profile in the Japanese Sonic Triple Trouble manual, Fang is originally from another dimension (presumably the Special Zone where he's encountered in-game). His profile on the old Sonic Central website, which was contemporary to the Gamecube-era storyline, identifies Fang as a wolf-weasel hybrid; an interesting choice of species given that he was only a weasel in early western media. Fang has been the subject of a lot of speculation over the years with regard to his origins, his design (such as only having four fingers on each hand), why he's been absent from the franchise for so long and if he will return in future games.

I've always liked Fang, he's a cool villain who stands out from the rest of the Sonic cast, and he's probably my favorite character in Sonic the Fighters. It would be nice if he were resurrected like the Chaotix and given a role in new games again, either as an antagonist or a playable character. Don't know how likely it could be, given that while SEGA teases scrapped characters like Fang and Mighty a lot, they prefer introduce new characters when they have the chance.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
NiGHTSIsLife
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: If you have time to worry, then run!

Re: Character Discussion: Fang the Sniper

Post by NiGHTSIsLife »

I'm a fan of Nack. He's the first playable Sonic character to use a gun. I wish that he, along with Mighty, Ray, Bean, and Bark, were revived in some form. But in the meantime, R.I.P. Nack the Weasel or Fang the Sniper. :chaocry:
“Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets.”
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Apparently instead of being half weasel Fang is... half-some-obscure-animal-called-a-jerboa.

Everything we know is a lie!
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
TheBrazilianInvader
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Live and just learn it

Post by TheBrazilianInvader »

Fang always in a sonic game he's using a real pistol.

SCARY