Chaos and Chao.

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Mufasa-1998
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Chaos and Chao.

Post by Mufasa-1998 »

Dose anyone know the conection between Chao and Chaos?
CLAP YOUR HANDS, TO THE SOUND, OF EVERY FIRST BORN DYING NOW. WATCH THE RIVER FLOW WITH BLOOD, DEATH WILL STAND WHERE LIFE ONCE STOOD!
Timnoldzim
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Re: Chaos and Chao.

Post by Timnoldzim »

You mean Chaos as in the creature?

Chaos is a Chao that evolved into a higher being thanks to the powers of the Master Emerald, and now he watches over all other Chao.
Here
Comes
The Thnikkaman!
Mufasa-1998
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Mufasa-1998 »

Seriously?
He's basicly their god?
CLAP YOUR HANDS, TO THE SOUND, OF EVERY FIRST BORN DYING NOW. WATCH THE RIVER FLOW WITH BLOOD, DEATH WILL STAND WHERE LIFE ONCE STOOD!
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

Was that actually stated in an official source anywhere? I always remembered hearing about it when I was a kid and never knew where the information came from. If he really was a Chao... what happened to him to make him evolve all watery and gooey?
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

According to Chaos's Sonic Channel Profile from the the official website, Chaos was once a simple Chao that evolved into the water spirit we know today thanks to exposure to the Emeralds. Knuckles states in Sonic Battle that Chaos is the guardian god of the Chao- either in reality or in Echidna religious tradition, though whether there is any difference depends on your definition of diety, I guess. Chaos protected the Chao in Tikal's time and was responsible for keeping the water that surrounded the Emerald Alter pure and clean. Chaos actively defended the Alter from Pachacamac and his men, allowing no one to approach the area except Tikal. However, Pachacamac found a means of reaching the Alter (perhaps he followed his daughter and evaded Chaos's notice), setting fire to the Chao's home. When Chaos saw that so many of his charges were killed, he went into a blind rage, annihilating the Knuckles Clan as Perfect Chaos. Tikal imprisoned him within the Master Emerald for three or four thousand years, until he was freed in Sonic Adventure. Seeing that the Chao were still alive and well despite his absence was key to mending Chaos's enraged heart, allowing the water spirit to find peace.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Very little is official.

What is stated:
He is their guardian. He lives with them, near the Master Emerald. He looks like a watery version of a Neutral Chaos Chao.

What can be assumed:
He is some sort of super version of a Chaos Chao. He is mutated by the Master Emerald. He is there god.

Those are just some common assumptions. But beyond what is stated, all else must be inferred. I personally agree that he was a Chaos Chao that was altered by the Master Emerald, and that is why he guards them.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

^That he was mutated by the Chaos Emeralds is NOT an assumption. That's from the official website.

Likewise, Knuckles states very plainly that Chaos is the guardian god of the Chao, and he really should know what he's talking about.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

Ooh wow, I never knew about that. That's pretty awesome!
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz