Final Rush: Secret Shortcut

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

Did the Information Below Help You?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 2

Rhys Coker (SB)
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Final Rush: Secret Shortcut

Post by Rhys Coker (SB) »

In Sonic Adventure II, there is a stage known as Final Rush. There is a secret shortcut that can save you nearly 20 seconds!
Near the beginning of the stage, there is a long circular rail going downward. Eventually, a rail to your right will appear and then disappear. Then shortly, this will happen again. Then, this should happen a 3rd time. Jump on this rail. Then when you approach the platform with the 2 artificial chaos, you will see another rail to your right. The timing is tricky, but quickly jump onto it. If this is too hard, high jump, that's what I normally do. You will then reach the end of the rail. Tap A at the right time to perform a trick (not required). You will see a 20 second difference than the normal route. Using this, I got a total time of 03:55:29! Please comment, and I hope this helps! :chaohappy:
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Re: Final Rush: Secret Shortcut

Post by Ivogoji »

I try to do this fairly often, but the timing is usually off, and I wind up missing the rail. There are fewer short cuts like this in SA2 than there is in the first Sonic Adventure, where most levels can be completed in a couple seconds by jumping in the right direction...
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Post by Pumpkinium »

The only shortcut I use on this level is when I jump off that big rail at the start that circles down the inverted Ark tower, and land at the bottom of the same rail.

I do it because I'm good at it, and its fun, and it only saves probably two seconds or something.
help me
Rhys Coker (SB)
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by Rhys Coker (SB) »

^
I do that too, and the rail you mentioned is the "circular rail" I mentioned.
Rhys Coker (SB) wrote:Goku then teleports us to the Great Wall of China, where we meet up with Knux, who we learn is dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts as he jumps straight into a tornado.