Little trick in Metal Harbor, SA2

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Luuk
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Little trick in Metal Harbor, SA2

Post by Luuk »

Hey, I found a neat little trick in Metal Harbor, at the part where you are boarding, inside the rocket.

Well, if you just brake before the speed pads outside, you will lose the board, but you are still in the rocket, so you can explore there and grab the ring capsules you missed.

If you go as far as you can, you will be blocked by an invisible wall. Now, if you face towards the camera, Sonic will slide on its own all the way to the bottom.

Also, if you go to the point I mentioned earlier, if you start running to the bottom and charge up a spin dash and let go (you will uncurl then and start running), you will be running very fast, maybe the fastest you can go (rails are not taken into account).

It can also be useful if you want all rings on Metal Harbor (the secret ring is by the way at the top of the second crane, these thing which you must somersault under. Get there, go up the crane and then face in the opposite direction of the camera, bounce and do a jump dash. You will land on the platform with the ring.)

I got a Perfect thanks to this :)

Hope this helped, and sorry if it is old.
SilverAndBlaze
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Re: Little trick in Metal Harbor, SA2

Post by SilverAndBlaze »

I've done that before.

Luck is just talent spelled backwards. Actually it's not, but it sounded good when I thought of it.
swimic
Child Chao
Child Chao

Re: Little trick in Metal Harbor, SA2

Post by swimic »

i did that in 2006 sonic can also get the board just don't touch the speed pads
blue