To all those who want SA3 (info/fact)

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

To all those who want SA3 (info/fact)

Post by Crash32 »

According to the thick book "The History of Sonic the Hedgehog" (which is a fantastic book, if you like following the history of Sonic and all the characters, games, interviews etc. I recommend buying it, it even goes the extra mile and tells you about SEGA's history for a good chapter or so)....

When the decision by SEGA to stop selling the Dreamcast was announced, SA3 was already in development. They fought to get it extended so the game could be released, but they couldn't. Therefore, there is an early version of SA3 out there somewhere. Whether or not it's just a test level or storyboards or something, SA3 was going to happen. The Dreamcast failing in sales just made it so the game couldn't be released, and it had to be stopped and later canceled. Just thought I'd share this so the users making SA3 topics know that there was once an SA3, and it was canceled. I wonder if this may be why even with all the fan support that Sonic Team hasn't said anything about a possible SA3 yet...
sonic fan 2.0
Child Chao
Child Chao

Re: To all those who want SA3 (info/fact)

Post by sonic fan 2.0 »

Holly **** I'll do research :wink:
MoonDancer
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by MoonDancer »

This is BIG news,thank you for telling us this.
I was desperate to know if they were even considering an SA3.
I am delighted,you made my Day Crash. :D
Image I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a Freak. So I've been a Freak all my Life and I have to live with that,you know. I'm one of those people.
sonic fan 2.0
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by sonic fan 2.0 »

Ok I found a tech demo
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

^seems legit