Just got Sonic Adventure 1 (DC)

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 15 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao
Motto: Resident forum dinosaur.

Just got Sonic Adventure 1 (DC)

Post by Enzo03 »

I think that it would have been obvious that I got the DC version seeing how I rave about the Dreamcast so much (even though in a way it gets its butt kicked by the Gamecube).
Anyway, I'm glad to have gotten this one, but it really does feel entirely different from Sonic Adventure 2. You get a kind-of free-roam system from what I have played so far, and Chao Raising is TOTALLY different in SA1 (I don't know about DX, but that is because I have never played DX). You can't even pet your chao, but you can pick them up :-\. No chaos drives :P, but you can get the animals (which look almost exactly the same as their SA2 cousins).

I find it funny how the game gets lower frames per second whilst displaying crappier graphics (for the most part, anyway. Other things are better, such as some shaders, etc.).

Oh well. Looks like I have some more 'splorin to do. :darkcool:
Steam: crazyenzo03 - Discord: Enzo03 #2547
chaomaster
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by chaomaster »

oh i saw the grahics for sa1 it is bad but i like dx better smae but graphics upgraded and 1 more thing you can pet your chao now
I see and hear all you do I am mysterious that way.
Pokemon Doom RPG
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Post by Enzo03 »

I think the chao system from SA2 was simply ported to SA: DX.

In SA1, you can kill your chao by constantly hitting and throwing it.
If it is still alive, but hurt badly, it will limp around whilst holding its arm.
Chao in SA1 seem quite a bit smaller, too.

Now back to SA1 in general.

Facial animation is total crap XD.
But the levels in SA1 in general not only look so much better, but really ARE better. Just the second stage that I took looked insane beyond description... or rather, I'm just too lazy to describe it right now XD.

Edit: I have looked at some Chao faqs for SA1, and apparently chao can be "pet" by the same way that an egg is rocked. It's kind of too bad that rocking a chao doesn't have a similar effect in SA2, because I thought that rocking the chao like a baby would realistically make it happy (excepting how eggman rocks eggs/chao... hehe)
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Post by Enzo03 »

I hate to double post (this is a first in 3 years or so), but I found out something the HARD WAY...

In the original SA1, when you are in one chao garden, time passes in ALL THREE gardens.

I suspected this when not only did none of my chao have a mating season while I was present, but two of my chao died in egg carrier, and only one left an egg. I have lost one of my beloved first-generation chao forever, a sin in my chao bible (LOL), and there is no way I can get it back. I am considering killing all of my chao in anger and starting anew, but there is no way I can bring myself to save the game after I do so in Station Square's garden (currently the only garden with living, not-still-cramped-up-inside-the-egg chao.)

BTW, is it normal to be able to get two black chao in that game (as in the special one that you find in the adventure field)? Because I completed Amy's adventure and grabbed the egg, then Gamma's adventure, but another black egg appeared in the cell next to Amy's in the story, and I could take it. I have two of the same black chao O_o...

I am also considering cloning some of these special chao and sending them to SA2. (The black chao in SA1 are like chacron, and are special to SA2 DC and SA1 DC ^_^! I cannot even use chao editor 2 to get them, I would have to learn to hex edit :P).

Supposedly I can get:

Gold (Default)
Silver (Default)
Chacron Black (Default, Special)
Bronze (Silver + Gold I believe, special)
Jewel Black, "Onyx" (Silver + black???, special)
Gold-Platinum (Gold + Black???, Special)

The ones marked with ??? are marked as so because if it is not one way, it is the other way that gets said special color.

I got that info from a couple FAQs... I haven't tried it yet.
Bahmut Zero
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Bahmut Zero »

Don't bother, they'll be Gold/Silver/Black when you bring them over from SA1 to SA2 but after you leave the garden & re-enter they'll be normal chaos. I tried that when SA2 first came out, total bummer. & the Gold & Silver eggs are unlimited while the Black seem to have a limit, I was able to get three through Amy, Big & Gamma but the don't show up anymore after that. While in SADX they put a limit to one of each per save file.
chaomaster wrote:oh i saw the grahics for sa1 it is bad but i like dx better smae but graphics upgraded and 1 more thing you can pet your chao now
:suprise: They were awesome for their time.
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Post by Enzo03 »

Bahmut Zero wrote:Don't bother, they'll be Gold/Silver/Black when you bring them over from SA1 to SA2 but after you leave the garden & re-enter they'll be normal chaos. I tried that when SA2 first came out, total bummer. & the Gold & Silver eggs are unlimited while the Black seem to have a limit, I was able to get three through Amy, Big & Gamma but the don't show up anymore after that. While in SADX they put a limit to one of each per save file.
Did they reincarnate? I read that they turn up normal when hatched but after reincarnating they are special colored again.
Bahmut Zero
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Bahmut Zero »

Nope. they just turn & stay normal.