Score Attack vs. Time Attack

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 1 day old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Score Attack vs. Time Attack

Post by LimitCrown »

Which do you prefer: getting a high score or clearing a level as quickly as possible?
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Re: Score Attack vs. Time Attack

Post by Ivogoji »

In the first game, your score is pretty much useless accept for bragging rights- unlocking the emblems pretty much always demands topping a certain timelimit or other objective, so there's no point in wracking up points really.

The second game is a completely different story, and there's a fair amount of incentive to take your time. Granted, you usually have to complete the stage very quickly anyway to get a good score. The painstaking process of hunting down every Ring in a stage to automatically get the A Rank is occasionally easier than getting a good time bonus though.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by LimitCrown »

Yeah, the games with the Adventure style of gameplay place more importance on the ring score and enemy score than the recent Sonic games tend to do. It is why I made the topic to see which was preferred out of the two for the games with that style of gameplay.
royalbite
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by royalbite »

i like getting a high score the best, and i always pay attention to my score more than my time. difficult time limits usually only frustrate me. in SA2 especially, i love getting to see the rainbow "perfect!" text.
// welcome to the NEXT LEVEL!
// i am royalbite @ tumblr