Help with sky chase act 1 and 2 on steam?

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
naruto_chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Help with sky chase act 1 and 2 on steam?

Post by naruto_chao »

The original sonic adventure is a fairly simple game, but the problem I'm having with the steam version is miscellaneous bugs (like egg viper becoming unbelievably cheap for some reason) and a few of the missions are harder, namely sky chase.

Any help with how I could get more points to get these last few emblems?

I've heard turning down the resolution to the lowest helps, but I still can't do it.
hey there! I don't have anything to put here for the moment, you can just move along now.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Help with sky chase act 1 and 2 on steam?

Post by chaoadventures »

naruto_chao wrote:(like egg viper becoming unbelievably cheap for some reason)
Wait, what? That's not possible. The Egg Viper's attacks aren't even good enough for that kind of thing. Unless this is in ratio to the boss.

I might be able to help with Sky Chase, but I don't even know the point requirements.

My only advice would be to aim for the gold bots, and hold your targets when you see a bunch of jets, until they all pass by.

That and maybe forcibly making your computer run slower (Opening a bunch of Bulbapedia pages without Ad Block does that.) will help,
but it'll probably ruin your end too.

I'd probably be able to say more if I played the Steam version in the first place, since I don't trust my computer will play it, already have it on the 360,
or even just cared more about SADX's emblems.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

i've had absolutely no issues with 100%ing this version of the game, try updating to the 2014 version if you haven't already
naruto_chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by naruto_chao »

chaoadventures wrote:
naruto_chao wrote:(like egg viper becoming unbelievably cheap for some reason)
Wait, what? That's not possible. The Egg Viper's attacks aren't even good enough for that kind of thing. Unless this is in ratio to the boss.
For some reason the game kept dropping me through the floor, especially for the desperation attack, that's what I meant.

I might actually do that billboards thing though.

^I got it in 2015, so I don't think I need to update.
hey there! I don't have anything to put here for the moment, you can just move along now.