Did you guys enjoy the non Sonic/Shadow missions in SA1/2

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 3 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Did you guys enjoy the non Sonic/Shadow missions in SA1/2

Post by retrolinkx »

I'm talking both Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, so you can count Tails "chase after sonic" missions and Tails "in the Robot" missions as separate along with your opinions.

The Tails missions in SA1 weren't that bad, but they sometimes felt unfair since you HAD to beat sonic instead of being able to go at your own pace, half the time you'd fall off and Sonic would always jet ahead and you'd just have to hope you catch up.

As for Sonic Adventure 2, I really hated the Tails/Eggman stages. They had really bad controls and were never fun to play. I mean if it was an actual interesting shoot em up level instead of a weird mix of platforming and shooting I would've enjoyed it, but instead we got this weird mix that never worked.

I feel like the only person who enjoyed the Emerald Searching missions with Knuckles and Rouge. It was fun to guess where they were from the hints and the detector below, once you knew all the spots you could A rank the stage easily, which made replaying it a lot more interesting and easy.

Amy's stages are like a blur for me. They were sort of like Sonic's but overall I can't remember that much. I think I enjoyed them, same with Gamma's stages. I don't remember much but I think I did enjoy it for the most part.

Big...I don't think anyone liked Big's part.

Anyhow, what about you guys?
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Re: Did you guys enjoy the non Sonic/Shadow missions in SA1/

Post by Ivogoji »

I enjoyed the treasure hunting stages as much, if not more, than the regular Sonic and Shadow gameplay. They were my favorite stages to just play for random fun and I All A Ranked Knuckles' stages before any other character on both games.

The shooter stages in SA2 were more annoying than they needed to be and weren't much of an improvement over Gamma's stages in SA, which played a lot smoother and were pretty fun. I also found the level design for Tails' stages really slow and boring to navigate.

On the other hand, playable Eggman. And Cosmic Wall is one of the awesomest, funest stages ever.

Tails stages in SA were basically the same as Sonic's and thus rather forgettable. They could have done so much more with Tails being able to fly in a 3D environment, but so far the entire roll of modern Sonic games has missed out on the opportunity.

Amy's stages were actually pretty cool, I always thought, on the first couple playthroughs. Escaping ZERO is very different from the missions all the other characters have, and the puzzle solving was a nice change of pace from the jumping-over-half-the-stage-to-win mechanics most of the other characters in SA were subject to. However, since ZERO always pops out of the same places in the stage consistently and the puzzles never have different solutions, Amy's stages get old extremely fast. Once you've memorized where everything is there's no real challenge or surprises.

Big's stages were... very chill, I guess.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
ZipoCXG
Chao Artist
Chao Artist
Motto: Well have you had curry?

Post by ZipoCXG »

Tails' SA1 stages were fun, but I kinda feel they were too short for them to be super memorable, and I also feel they were a bit too easy. I can only recall losing once on Speed Highway, and it was when I first played the stage.

The Knuckles' stages in SA1 were okay, not really my cup of tea, but at least they aren't that difficult with the radar and hint balls.

Amy's stages are meh, they're there. I think I enjoyed them more when I was little and I actually viewed Zero as being a challenge to avoid.

Big's stages...also meh. I can finish them rather quickly, but they just scream "unnecessary".

Gamma's stages I actually didn't like when I was younger due to the timer, but this was back when I wouldn't use the lock-on. They can be fun, though some of the stages feel too short for me to really enjoy them that much.

In contrast to the previous posts, I actually enjoyed the Tails/Eggman stages in SA2. I've never had much difficulty with the control of the walkers, and the stuff I liked about Gamma's stages in SA1 are present here as well. Though I will say I do think some of the enemy placement can be bull ****.

Again, in contrast to the previous posts, I do not like the Knuckles/Rouge stages in SA2. Mostly for the fact that the radar was downgraded to being only able to sense one Emerald at a time. The early stages are fine, but the later levels are way too large for me to enjoy finding the Emeralds in (they're fun to just mess around in though).
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

i'm just gonna be honest with my past self: tails', amy's, and big's stages were some of the most unadulterated platformer padding garbage i've ever played and the novelty of knuckles' and gamma's stages wears off after the first several childhood playthroughs

as for adventure 2, what knuckles and rouge have going for them that knuckles lacked in adventure is that their stages have a little more depth in design and make them a little more pleasant to revisit. and while i think sa2's tails and eggman's stages do suffer from maneuverability and control issues, i think eggman has some of the strongest stages in the game and i did enjoy cosmic wall, especially when i was a younger lady

i mean i'm still nostalgic for some of this, but wow was it apparent time has really punched some holes in these games when i replayed them a couple months ago
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Jack the Person
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Life is forever and only a moment.

Post by Jack the Person »

Yes, I enjoyed most of them...

Tails made me feel a bit of a cheater in SA1 as I could just fly to the goal in 20 seconds but still, I learnt what my brother meant by 'Rubber Banding'

Knuckles' levels were too easy in SA1 but too annoying in 2, still, the earlier levels are fun. I liked how Angel Island was still in 1 but was confused by how it isn't in 2.

I believe Gamma's levels to be better than Tails' and Eggman's in SA2 as it felt more of it's own game, bosses at the end of every stage, reminds me of something...

Amy's levels were just a bit too long.

Big was the sole reason it took me 6 years to finish the game. Yes I finished SA2 years before SA1.

SA2 Tails and Eggman, turn, whoops, no speed. Fun to fly around in Cosmic Wall though.

Rouge... just... no! It should not take me 10 minutes to find one emerald piece even if I havn't played for years!

To be honest, I still for some reason enjoy playing these levels.
What, Christmas ended? Whatever, I'm leaving the decorations up!

I'm also selling a Heart Fruit, I thought buying the last would make it more valuable and increase the demand, it didn't.
Anyway it's still sold out and I'm still selling! Buy It!
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

SA1 Tails felt like a wasted opportunity, what with him playing a subset of Sonics levels, Speed Highway being the only level with anything not seen in Sonic's version and the time limit meaning you can't really explore at a leisurely pace.

SA1 Knuckles also felt kind of meh. Sure, it was kind of cool getting to explore Some of Sonic's levels with a character whose abilities allow for more free roam exploration, but it's still knd of lackluster.

Gamma was cool, too bad he has some of the shortest action stages in the game.

Amy had some cool puzzle platform elements going on, but having the fewest number of action stages kind of prevents her from really shining.

Other games have done fishing mini-games better thatn Big the Cat's action stages, and sadly, instead of just being a mini-game you only have to play for a bit for a tiny bit of 100%, Big accounts for a full 10% of all emblems and you have to complete a third of his missions just to get to the final boss.

SA2 Tails/Eggman fixes probably my biggest complaint with Gamma, namely the lack of decent-length levels, but it comes at the cost of speed. Gamma wasn't the fastest playable in SA1, but once he got up to speed, he could run circles around the Cyclone and Eggwalker.

SA2 Knuckles/Rouge imporved over SA1 Knuckles in pretty much every regard. The levels aren't simple rehashes of Sonic's levels and most of interesting enough that you actually feel like exploring them instead of just running straight for the emerald piece or whatever other item you're looking for. Would be nice if all three items manifested at the start instead of haveing to collect them in a specific order.

And since no one else mentioned them, the Racing stages from SA2 are pretty fun until you get to the missions that require avoiding hitting other cars or the walls.

Probably a pipedream, but I would love to play a hack of SA2 that puts SA1 Tails in Sonic/Shadow's stages or Gamma in SA2's Tails/Eggman levels.
JHock115
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: START DA BUS!

Post by JHock115 »

SA1 Tails would've been cooler if his stages were actually unique, and not just Sonic's stages but with boost rings.

SA 1 Knux felt easier because of the beacons being able to show all three at once instead of one a ta time.

Gamma is my favorite character, so I always have a blast playing his stages. Being able to shoot everything and roll around and stuff. His stages were short though and the timer made no sense. Hot Shelter is probably my favorite stage because its the only one that is actually kinda long and I've constantly had to actually race the timer to the end.

Amy is kind of a blur, and all I have to say about Big is just I was Arin for Game grumps for a majority of my play through.

SA2 Tails/Eggman wasn't bad, but not great. The mechs were slow and clunky, and their stages felt long(might be because of how slow they are though).

SA2 Knux/Rouge was not my favorite at all. Sure we actually got stages unique to them, but the emerald tracker showing only one a t a time and the size of the emerald shards made it impossible to find all of them. I don't really like their stages either.

Also screw the kart stages... Why do they exist anyway?
FedoraBrella Chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Fedoras and umbrellas...together at last!

Post by FedoraBrella Chao »

I enjoy SA1 Knuckles' stages, but SA2 Knuckles and Rouge stages weren't as fun with the detector only showing one at a time, regardless of how close you are to others. I liked Amy Rose's stages because I love doing the run-really-fast-and-swing-the-hammer-and-flip thing. I like Gamma's stages a lot more than most people, but REALLY don't like SA2 Tails/Eggman stages. Then there's Big. Just. Why. SA1 Tails is my favorite non-Sonic/Shadow stage.
Fedoras and umbrellas will always stand beside me!
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

SA1:

Tails: Tails' missions are like the Vegan version of Sonic's "chocolate cake" stages.
While done very well, you just can't beat the original. At least without eggs. The general bonuses of Vegan food still apply though, so we got Sand Hill.

Knuckles: Needs work. Namely, the fact all three shards could all be blinking at pink, yellow, and green, and you'd lose all them in like two seconds.

Gamma: These were fun, but the levels' timers started getting on my nerves on the last level. Gamma's wheel/sitting/squatting idiot mode didn't make them
any better.

Amy: Undeveloped slap in the face. Only Hot Shelter was interesting because it had that mini-puzzle in it. That was kinda cool. Kinda.
The rest was just like, 3 interactive cutscenes. With odd amounts of extra fluff ("difficulty"). With no relation to Chickie Poo and Fluff: Barnyard Detectives.

Big: Slap in the face. Of course, this could have been brilliant marketing, because people who didn't know they liked video game fishing could have gone to
buy SEGA Bass Fishing. On the same note, nobody WANTS to buy SEGA Bass Fishing.

SA2:

Tails: It didn't really improve Gamma's stages, and I feel like Tails' max speed is slower than Gamma's fastest walk. Too much slower.
The level design is neither better or worse, just... different.

Knuckles: It's thinking. That's the best I can say. They were okay. And a slight improvement on SA1.

Eggman: Every thing about Tails applies here, but now the levels are better because Sonic Team realized Eggman has the second most levels in
the game. And mindlessly blowing up stationary stuff for a bunch of Perfects is fun.

Rouge: See also: Knuckles. Want to play versions of Knuckles levels that are awkwardly hard for all the wrong reasons? Here you go.
Now make it stop. Now.

Overall, I found them fun. But what I really would have liked was for them to do something with that hidden capability in SA1 where player 2 could control
Tails while player 1 controlled Sonic. The camera doesn't stop for Tails though, so it's useless.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

All was good in SA until Big happened. Jesus, those missions were trash... But yeah, it was all good.

The only problem in SA2 was the meteor stages for Rouge and Knuckles. Other than that, liked all of 'em.
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

SA1:

Tails and knuckles are my favorites beside sonic.

Tails, while being a little short, is a fun time for me because hes like sonic but he can fly. I never had a problem with beating sonic in the races either so once i got far enough ahead I'd either slow down and toy the with sonic like grabbing the goal item right before it can.

Knuckles because he also plays like sonic. He simply feels fluid thats all there is to say really, he's a good time all around.

Gamma is really good too just a tad more clunky then the ones just stated. Kinda wish the way he controlled was more present in sa2, would have fixed a lot of issues for me.

Amy is mediocre to bad for me, she controls like a slug and trying to get any speed is too much effort for me to care. Her level design was pretty good at least.

SA2:

I like rouge and knuckles a lot in this game too even not more than the emerald stages of SA1. With stages made specifically for them now, they feel more suited to the levels and even though you can only detect one at a time, it makes finding one not on the radar all the more rewarding, plus doing so nabs you a big point bonus which is always a plus. Even the space levels arent a problem, if your fast you can scan an area with the radar in no time and get to the next place. As of now i can usually A rank the levels with no hint moniters and on my first try if i'm going for it.

Tails is the only mech character i dont have a good time with. I do enjoy eggmans levels a bit, i feel like the level design is more suited for his controls than tails were, and it's still a fun time, the control just takes a little getting used to. And let's not forget cosmic wall. That said i cant stand tails, might be placebo but he feels more stiff than eggman and his levels are in my opinion structured a lot worse than eggmans and as a result hes simply not fun.
chaobreedersmh
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by chaobreedersmh »

SA1's Tails levels were basically just Sonic levels but I couldn't take as much time as I wanted with it. Not my cup of tea. I always preferred Sonic, Knuckles, and Amy levels. Amy's levels were awesome but I really wish Zero wasn't a thing. He caused me such stress in levels that would be sooo fun if I could goof off in them.

I did not like Tails/Eggman levels in SA2 at all. They're so slow and clunky and the camera. Knuckles/Rouge levels are my favorite cause you can explore so much and they're much more fun than any other levels.
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

in SA1 i like everyone except big
in SA2 i like all of the playstyles' general mechanics but eggman's levels are way better than tails' due to less ****** game design like instant death pits (hidden base, eternal engine) and enemies spawning before you can possibly react (mission street, prison lane) - additionally, knuckles' levels are increasingly better designed than rouge's as the game goes on.

i feel like those rumors about sonic, knuckles, and eggman being the initially planned playable characters is pretty credible considering they have the best designed stages in the game (hell yeah cosmic wall)
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

I cant agree more with Sable right now, I didn't even think of rouge's level design compared to knuckles but thinking about it makes it kinda clear to me.

And yeah Tails is complete ******** with his levels
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

Considering SA1/SA2 were my favorite games in the series, heck yeah. I loved me some Knuckles and Rouge levels. I loved playing as Amy.

I loved Big's levels. I love Big.

Tails in SA2 should have had missions where he flew around or something.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Did you guys enjoy the non Sonic/Shadow missions in SA1/2

Post by chaoadventures »

I came back to this topic because I just played through SA1 and 2 again, and I wanna change a few things about what I said.

The areas for Knuckles in SA1 are too big and wide for treasure hunting. That's why all the colors leave in half a second. URRRRG.
And the changes in Gliding speed and overall control are much better. And Tikal's hints are either: Extremely blatant (direct path to the emerald) or really bad (going straight through the ground.)
I prefer hint monitors.

And Big is... Boring? Not unbearable. Just boring. Yeah. 4 whole levels of mindlessness.

Gamma is better than Tails/Eggman because he's faster, but his inability to turn around in circles fast is really annoying.

And somehow without playing for I think, two years, maybe longer since I didn't use any character other than Sonic for Chao, I nailed exactly how I felt about Amy's levels. Exactly.
Sable wrote:eggman's levels are way better than tails' due to less ****** game design like instant death pits (hidden base, eternal engine) and enemies spawning before you can possibly react (mission street, prison lane)
1. Sand Ocean has quicksand and comes before Eggman even gets his Jet Engine/Booster. Just sayin'.

2. I don't remember enemies appearing before you can react. Maybe I'm just better at this game than you.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
AzureChao
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Dreams are eternal...

Post by AzureChao »

I have a pretty unpopular opinion when it comes to the other characters in the games.

Tails (SA1): Tails is OK, I never really liked having to race someone every mission. I think there was a lot of potential for tails to have his own stages.
Amy: Meh. Some stages are fun, but the others are ok.
Knuckles (SA1): Same as Amy for me. It's OK, but not great.
Big's Big Fishing Adventure: I enjoyed some of the big levels, but the bigger ones are more confusing.
E-102: I liked the E-102 stages. They were fun, and challenging.
Spoiler:
Super Sonic: The controls are confusing, but the final boss is pretty satisfying. Especially with Open Your Heart playing in the background.
Tails + Eggman (SA2): Eggman had way more enjoyable stages than Tails. I really liked the more gimmick-y levels, like the one where your booster can be used to fly instead of float down.
Knuckles (SA2): Knuckles is my favorite side character in the entire adventure series. Well, in this game. Many dislike having only one radar working at a time, but I liked it being more neat. I also LOVE his stages, and although the lyrics are cheesy, the music is great too.
Rouge (SA2): Terrible. Her stages aren't enjoyable AT ALL except for the first one. The other ones never really hit it off with me. Especially mad space. I'm also not a huge fan of her music. I don't like the style of it.
Azure (noun) - A bright blue color, like a cloudless summer sky.
fixitfelix
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by fixitfelix »

Honestly, I really like the Tails and Eggman portions of SA2. They're a nice change of pace, since you can kinda relax through them during story-mode. When my gf and I play, she likes to play those levels more because she doesn't have the best reflexes for Sonic/Shadow levels like I do (mostly because I played it so many times I could probably beat it blindfolded...)

As for Knuckles/Rouge levels, I don't dislike them. I find the earlier levels pretty fun. But screw that timed Rouge level... and all their space levels...
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

SA1

Sonic stages were buggy messes but still fun for their sense of speed. 8/10
Tails' stages were even more buggy and boring but could be built up to be just as fun as Sonic's. 7/10
Knuckles stages were relatively better to the SA2 Knuckles/Rouge stages but still pretty meh over-all. 6/10
Amy's stages were eh. Slow sonic stages with wonky controls and boring puzzle gameplay. 5/10
E-101's were subpar. They were probably the second best but the timer was stupid and it took way too long to get to max speed for him. 7/10
Big's sucked. 3/10

SA2

Sonic's/Shadow's stages were a bit better than SA1's Sonic stages but not too much. Still buggy messes of course. 9/10
Tail's/Eggman's stages were shite. The loud annoying beeping was awful and the platforming was somehow worse than any platforming in SA1. 5/10
Knuckle's/Rouge's stages were even worse than SA1's emerald stages but could be improved by just removing the "only get the emerald's in order" ****. 6/10
Karting was awful. 2/10

Chao will always be 10/10. They were so well done in both games.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

SA1:

I enjoyed Tails's stages. While I prefer being able to explore the levels at my own pace, I didn't find the racing to be difficult at all, so I didn't have any problem with it.

I enjoyed Knuckles's stages, too. I found his levels to be pretty fun to explore. And since you're looking for the Master Emerald pieces, exploration is the main point of his levels. So that works out well for me.

I used to dislike Amy's stages since I was scared of that Robot when I was younger, but now it doesn't bother me anymore. Now I enjoy her levels, and they're a lot easier than what I once thought.

I really like Gamma's stages. While I'm normally not fond of time limits, it wasn't as big of an issue for me here. Probably because of how you get extra time by shooting all the enemy robots. But either way, I enjoyed his gameplay.

I don't like Big's stages. This is no big surprise, but I found them to be boring and frustrating. Also, when I was younger, I remember I died in Big's level because his fishing line broke. However, my young self misunderstood it as dying because I caught a fish instead of Froggy. I later found out that this wasn't the case, of course, but for a very long time, I thought that I wasn't supposed to catch any of the fish in the water, and I was only allowed to catch Froggy. So that made the levels even more stressful for me. On the bright side, at least he doesn't have a lot of stages.

SA2:

I enjoyed Tails and Eggman's stages. While I'd prefer playing as Tails outside of his mech, the gameplay was alright. I enjoyed being able to shoot enemies from afar.

Knuckles and Rouge's stages were OK. The new radar system was a little weird, but at the same time, it made it really satisfying when you stumbled across an Emerald piece out-of-order and got extra points. I guess the main problem I had with the levels is that I disliked some of the stages themselves. I liked Wild Canyon and Dry Lagoon, but I hated the levels that were filled with ghosts. Especially Aquatic Mine for Knuckles, and Egg Quarters for Rouge. Those were not fun for me... Also, I didn't like Meteor Herd either because of, well, the meteors. It wouldn't be as bad if the meteors weren't flying directly at you every 3 seconds or so, but they are, so you have to be constantly moving and it made it harder for me to actually look for the Emeralds.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Were Meteors really that common? Cause I don't remember ever getting hit by one unless I was actually standing still. Also, I thought the emerald shards only manifested one at a time in SA2.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

Well, the meteors felt pretty common to me. Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but still, I felt like I always had to be on the move. And even when I was running and gliding around, I could see the meteors crashing down and exploding in the area I was at only moments ago.

And no, the Emerald pieces don't work that way. All three pieces will spawn in their locations when you start the level, and you can find them in any order. However, the radar at the bottom of the screen will only notify you of the nearby Emerald pieces one at a time, in a certain order. One of them is first in that order, and then second, and then third. But you can still technically find the other pieces out-of-order; it's just harder since the radar will not detect them, even when you're close.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
PrincessPeach
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by PrincessPeach »

SA1 Tails. He's okay, but a bit too easy (I beat the A missions with ease) and too much like Sonic. I also didn't like how a couple of his levels were just snowboarding.

SA1 Knux: I actually wasn't too keen on these. Not sure why tho. I preferred how SA2 did it. Though I am doing a recent play through, so maybe I'll change my mind.

Amy: I actually really liked her stages. I guess I wish there were more and that Zero was more of a threat and could actually capture you. I really wish her A mission was escape from a smarter Zero.

Gamma: He was okay. I liked his movement better than the SA2 mechs.

Big: ... ... ...ugh

SA2 Tails: Meh. Wish he was out of the mech.

Eggman: I actually like his stages more than Tails. Minus that space colony arc one that's all dark. I guess it makes more sense that Eggy would be in his mech. I also like his voice lines. Yosh!

SA2 Knux: I liked him better than SA1. The movement and levels seemed better. The radar was less overwhelming and I liked the hints better than Tikal. I will say though Dry Canyon was his only level I liked a lot. I hated Aquatic Mine and Meteor Herd.

Rouge: I actually like her better than Knux. Maybe it's because I enjoy playing female characters. Her levels and the music were really enjoyable too. Even Security Hall once I got used to how the vaults work. I will say I hated Mad Space though...
IvoNinja
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Always count your shuriken before you throw them.

Post by IvoNinja »

I feel like, even though Tails had no stages to himself in SA, the Tornado segments and the boarding minigame made up for it. The Tornado stages are especially fun and were really exciting on that first playthrough. I know I like revisiting Tails' story in SA more than playing as him in SA2.

I've always said that if there was another Adventure style game I'd want Tails to have minigame stages like that again.
PrincessPeach wrote: Eggman: I actually like his stages more than Tails. Minus that space colony arc one that's all dark. I guess it makes more sense that Eggy would be in his mech. I also like his voice lines. Yosh!
Darn straight!
Nobody is everywhere and everybody is nowhere.
SniktSniktSniktSniktSniktSniktSniktSniktSniktEat your heart out EspioSniktSniktSniktSniktSniktSniktSnikt
1sonicorshadow1
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Drive me closer! I want to hit them with my sword!

Post by 1sonicorshadow1 »

I don't mind the shooting stages or the treasure-hunting stages, but there's one I cannot stand: Security Hall.

Treasure stages are built with the idea of exploration and are slower-paced. And then they force a stricter time limit than Green Forest, a mission literally dedicated to running away from an exploding island as Sonic because reasons.

I just about tear what's left of my hair out in frustration trying to beat it.