Original Dreamcast players, were you disappointed by the chao gardens?

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Bubblebeam
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Original Dreamcast players, were you disappointed by the chao gardens?

Post by Bubblebeam »

Until recently when I discovered they had SA2 on PS3, I had always played the DC version over the years. For the most part, these other versions offer a lot more. Seeing your chaos stats and being able to name them? Awesome. A whole market dedicated to chao world?! Amazing. Looking back it's a wonder I got addicted to chao world at all on DC. It's much more limited.

But then I came to unlocking the extra gardens. I must say, the dark garden particularly was a huge disappointment. No big hill? And where'd that little cave go? All gone, only to be replaced by... flat land?

And that lovely little stream with it's bridge, also replaced by basic land in the hero garden. I notice the pool is bigger though which is nice. I'd rather the bridge personally but it didn't bother me as much as the dark garden.

Another little something I noticed which I don't recall seeing years ago, is the sky texture in the hero garden not flowing together. You can see obvious edges as the sky rotates.
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Re: Original Dreamcast players, were you disappointed by the chao gardens?

Post by Mooncow »

I've started to play the new generation Chao World on Twitch and all the time it seems like "HEY this is different, on the Dreamcast xyz!"
It's actually quite refreshing because some things you don't notice unless you play a lot!

I am really used to the Dreamcast system, but I think both formats have it's advantages. Being able to see stats is a huge one, but even with hidden stats it's quite fun and gives it a bit of "realism" in a way!
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Re: Original Dreamcast players, were you disappointed by the chao gardens?

Post by retrolinkx »

I remember seeing the pictures of the DC versions when the only version I had was the GC one.

I liked the look of the Dark and Hero gardens from the DC version, I still don't know why they had to change them for the GC versions. There is like no difference in gameplay or anything for them.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!