On the topic of Big

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 4 weeks old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
CFood
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: I'm excited for Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3

On the topic of Big

Post by CFood »

Admittedly I'm not really sure where to put this, but Sonic Adventure seems to be the right place as Big is most talked about in relation to SA1 or the elusive suggested hinted SA3/Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3

Now with that stating that I'm probably being dumb as heck right now for where I put this, onto the topic at hand.

What would you want from Big the Cat in SA3? Take note he does take an aggressive role in Sonic Heroes, something I think almost everyone forgets about. So would he exactly be just fishing again or would there be something more?

And then there's this, which spurred this thought train https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Rw-8Knx9M
Look at dem ocarinas tho:

So you like Chao right? (Well, obviously) Hey, take a look, support the movement, maybe we'll get SEGA to release a Chao Garden app for smartphones??
Facebook · Twitter
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: Actually more of a Gadfly

Re: On the topic of Big

Post by Goat »

I'm happy with him just being an easter egg like he was in SA2

A cameo of him at a fishing hole would be just right
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

If it was actually enjoyable and not required for story completion, I wouldn't mind the inclusion of a fishing mini-game with Big as the player's avatar.

If he was playable in the main game, I'd like him to be given a sumo-inspired fighting style with his fishing rod doubling as a flail. Cast as the ultimate mighty glacier, his top speed being on par with most character's crawls without something to boost it, but capable of shrugging off most normal enemy attacks and destroying even armored enemies with a single hit.

Perhaps a starting place for a moveset could look something like:
A: Jump(Not very high, but will destroy most things caught underneath).
A in the air: Ground Pound, slams into the groundwith enough force to break even barriers that can survive Big landing from a normal jump and create a scockwave capable of stunning nearby enemies.
B while standing: Punch.
B while running: Forward lunge.
Hold B and twirl stick: Use Fishing pole as a flail.
Y: Curl into a ball. Mainly defensive on a flat surface, but Big will start rolling downhill if on an incline and can gain impressive speed if the incline is steep enough and high enough. At speed, Big is nearly invincible and will continue rolling until he hits an unbreakable barrier or runs out of momentum, but is difficult to control. Can allow Big to scale vertical surfaces he can't jump given enough speed and enough curve between the ground and the vertical surface.
y near enemy: Grab, which is used as a set-up for various attacks involving throwing or slamming the poor, captured enemy. Perhaps even some enemies can serve as power-ups, allowing big to use the enemy's weapon for a brief time.

In water, I imagine Big being able to activate/deactivate his life belt at will. Underwater, he controls much like on land, only slower, while on the surface, he's limited to movement, grabs and his fishing pole, but can move more quickly accross the surface.

I also imagine some horizontal surfaces breaking just from big walking on them. Say, most characters can stand on a awning or glass roof, but they would rip/shatter just from Big's weight.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

No. Nope. Never.

Big's fishing was, well, pretty boring.

Heroes on the other hand... Well, I didn't like Heroes, so all I have to go off of is nothing. Because that's how I feel about that game. He was also basically every other power character.

Oh yes. Sonic Chronicles happened. Not that I expect it, but if for some reason he's playable in a Main Sonic game (And mandatory) I would like to see Froggy Rain again.

I don't really see anything good coming out of him, so the best thing that could happen is more fishing. And the world's easiest boss fight.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Big was there when Modern Sonic was born. He deserves better than being left by the wayside.

Personally I'd hope he'd be brought back with a playstyle similar to Amy's in SA- medium paced puzzle solving with some opportunities to show off Big's strength.

Keep fishing as a mini-game necessary for unlocking extras.

I'd like to see a game with a huge cast divided into teams like Heroes, but with levels alternating between characters like SA2. Big would be in Team Rose's storyline; Amy would have a level, then Cream, then Big, and their stories would intersect. Follow the same pattern as the last Adventure game, just bigger.

Related:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=46455
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: Actually more of a Gadfly

Post by Goat »

His fishing minigame should be turned into fishing influencing the way he fights
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:
Perhaps a starting place for a moveset could look something like:
A: Jump(Not very high, but will destroy most things caught underneath).
A in the air: Ground Pound, slams into the groundwith enough force to break even barriers that can survive Big landing from a normal jump and create a scockwave capable of stunning nearby enemies.
B while standing: Punch.
B while running: Forward lunge.
Hold B and twirl stick: Use Fishing pole as a flail.
Y: Curl into a ball. Mainly defensive on a flat surface, but Big will start rolling downhill if on an incline and can gain impressive speed if the incline is steep enough and high enough. At speed, Big is nearly invincible and will continue rolling until he hits an unbreakable barrier or runs out of momentum, but is difficult to control. Can allow Big to scale vertical surfaces he can't jump given enough speed and enough curve between the ground and the vertical surface.
y near enemy: Grab, which is used as a set-up for various attacks involving throwing or slamming the poor, captured enemy. Perhaps even some enemies can serve as power-ups, allowing big to use the enemy's weapon for a brief time.
We did get a profile for Big in theMoveset Thread, but I like this one better. I think I can tweak it a bit and make some balancing considerations. Big's stats should balance differently depending on how many other characters are in the hypothetical game (i.e. a game where Big and Knuckles are the only Power characters vs a game where they share type with Vector, Chaos, or Omega).
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD