BGM doesn't play.

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

BGM doesn't play.

Post by Tsui »

I have a pre-owned copy of SA for the Dreamcast, and while I haven't played it recently, I suddenly recall that in a handful of levels, the music just doesn't play. The sound effects, however, do play. It is kind of strange to play through a stage without the background music playing. I always thought it was a physical problem with the disc itself, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem?
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: BGM doesn't play.

Post by eblu »

Pretty sure it's just you. My copy of SADC has all music working fine
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

my copy is burnt, but it doesn't play any music in sky deck act 3 - it may just be that the game can continue when it's unable to load an audio track due to scratches / etc. rather than freezing entirely
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

It's a problem with the disc, I've had this happen to me on Crazy Taxi and Shenmue 2.

Crazy Taxi is pretty brutal, since the copy I have will not load any of the buildings, but won't crash the game either. So you can drive around the city and everything is invisible part from the cars and background. The music usually dies too.

Shenmue 2 won't have music in some areas, and in other areas the music will lose a channel or two and won't sound right. It's definitely a disc problem.

I say it should be fine if you aren't annoyed by some of the music. If you are, Sonic Adventure is quite cheap, so it shouldn't be hard to find another.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!