Chao Cloning in SA2B HD remakes

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Rufflikerex
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: I hope to one day see a new official Chao Garden.

Chao Cloning in SA2B HD remakes

Post by Rufflikerex »

I'm choosing to post this here because I believe that this exploit, trick, or whatever is affected by the game's mechanics more than the Chao garden itself. So, one day I was playing SA2B on my PS3, then my brother wants to play and have his own Chao Garden. Because I didn't want him to mess around in my garden I decided to create an entirely new PS3 local account so that he can have his own Chao World save. When he hatched his Chao, he brought them to the Chao Doctor to check it's grades. At that moment I had a very strong sensation of Deja Vu, then I realised that my Bro's starting Chao had the same Grades as my starting Chao! At first I thought this was a coincidence, but then I created another PS3 local account to only find the exact same type of Chao again. In case you were wondering of the grades and personality, Chao 1 had (in SwFRPSt, Personality, Favorite_Fruit order) DEABC Carefree Square_Fruit and Chao 2 had DAEBC Naive Triangle_Fruit. I beleive that my game had set Chao stats for the beginner Chao whenever a new garden is created. I am also curious if anyone with a PS3 or any Console with SA2 HD got the same Chao as me or if this "Cloning" worked for them.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Chao Cloning in SA2B HD remakes

Post by chaoadventures »

Hm. I don't have the PS3 version, but I do have the other "HD" versions (360 and PC/Steam).

This didn't happen when my brother played on the 360 with his account, and it didn't happen when I made an entirely different Garden file on the Steam version.

Sounds like someone messed up making the PS3 version. I'm gonna take a guess that the game is supposed to take the starting grade that you got and then randomize it, but the PS3 version doesn't do that
correctly. We'd need another person with the PS3 version to see if it's just your system or not though.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Rufflikerex
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: I hope to one day see a new official Chao Garden.

Re: Chao Cloning in SA2B HD remakes

Post by Rufflikerex »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuBO3qeu8HU Shows a guy dubbed ThunderShot69 who starts a Chao Garden series on a PS3. In the video he goes the Doctor Chao to check his Chao's grades, and they're the EXACT same grades as my starting Chao. Also the races in his series seems rigged. THE WHOLE CHAO WORLD IS RIGGED! I wish I had an Xbox 360 or GameCube version of SA2B, at least those seem randomized. Well, now we know that the PS3 had set Chao stats.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I tried breeding to see if it were rigged, but it seems to be randomized as intended. At least I can now breed all S Chao without having to buy more than 2 Heart Fruits.
-Random Internet Person.