The Legend Of Zelda - Wind Waker RP (4/4 member spots taken)

A forum for role-playing (RP) and other interactive story topics that require a lot of posts.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Wind Waker RP (4/4 member spots ta

Post by Tobi »

Tetra and the other pirate walked past Rory and Elma. "What a bothersome island this is..." Tetra muttered to herself. They started crossing the bridge, with Lita still following, ranting about how she didn't thank her. She stopped in front of Rory and Elma. "Can you BELIEVE that? She didn't even thank me for killing all those monsters! Don't you think I need to recognition for my heroic deeds?!" She said arrogantly.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Yukki
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: Cupcakes are evil.

Post by Yukki »

((Alright, I'll make this quick.

I've taken these past few days to cool down about the RP situation and honestly, I do feel like a jerk for ruining this a second time but at the same time I refuse to take all the blame. That being said, I've reconsidered my decisions and now, I'm completely fine with you all still using Lita if needed. Feel free to use her as she is unimportant to me.))
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

((Okay so we don't have to kill Lita off :/ 2 ritos in the rp then))
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

((I'd much rather have this conversation being outside of this RP, seeing as chitchat is forbidden. Lita will only be used as planned, and not be a significant character in the RP because I'm the one taking her over and really don't feel like using her any further because, with all respect Yukki, Lita is an awful character.

Any more conversations regarding Lita and any other apologies or whatever will be held in chatbox, PM or whatever and be shared in the group chat.

Now would you kindly buzz off you two, before more rules are broken. I appreciate your apology, Yukki, but this isn't the proper place.))
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Post by CasualCollision »

((I think calling Lita a bad character is a little unfair, since we haven't gotten far enough for her to show any redeeming qualities she might have.))

The short-haired brunette girl smiled weakly, but sincerely at Lita’s exaggerating. As she began to pity her, she decided to humor her a little as well. “Gosh, tell me about it! You’re the one who set things straight around here!” She cheerfully, albeit forcefully spoke.
Rory decided to chip in as well, remembering all the times Elma hopelessly tried to praise him whenever he got his head handed to him in all their previous sword matches.
“Yeah! You totally ruled back there!” He exclaimed, hoping his acting proved to be a little better.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

((Getting to that point will take a while, especially considering the speed these RPs tend to go to. I still have no intentions to use Lita further than the ship. I also object to further usage of the character outside of being referenced to.))

Lita gave a confident face and crossed her arms. "I know! What's her big deal anyway? And that hair... At least you guys get it." She said.
At this point, Tetra and the other pirate have crossed the bridge. Tetra stopped for a moment and looked back at the trio. "What a bunch of idiots... What's up with them anyway?" She said to herself.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

“Wow, she really bought that?” Rory thought, as Elma sighed.
“That’s enough excitement for today, don’t you think, Rory?”
“You can say that again.” Rory sat down on the grass and took in the view of the village, before shifting his body front-side on the ground, with the palms of his hands placed against his face. “I’m personally in no hurry to cross that bridge again. I’m fairly sure the pirates can handle the rest.”

Elma remained standing, having drowned out the last part of Rory’s sentence. In the corner of her eye, was a familiar figure, high in the sky. She turned her head to see the last thing she was hoping to see again.

“Elma, what’s up? Come laze around with me.”
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

As Tetra was about to keep on walking, she spot a familiar creature in the corner of her eye. She quickly looked around and saw that the gigantic bird returned. "Look out!" She shouted, pointing towards the bird.
Unfortunately, she was too late. The bird had swooped, just after Elma was able to reach out for her sword, and draw it. The bird took grabbed Elma in his talons, right before Rory, Tetra and Lita's eyes. Lita stepped back real quick and fell over on her rear. The bird flew off before anyone could even react to the event. On the ground, right before Rory, was Elma's sword that she dropped just before the moment when the bird grabbed her and flew off.
Tetra watched the giant bird fly away into the distance, not knowing how to react. The other pirate just turned around, having missed the even. "What happened, Miss Tetra?" He asked, just before seeing the bird in the far distance.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Rory, who had shifted back into a sedentary position, was shocked, unable to process what had happened. His eyes darted back and forth, from the dropped sword, to the black dot in the sky, that had taken his best friend away. His lips began to tremble, unable to say a word. Gradually, he picked himself up off the ground until he stood back upright. He was now unable to take his eyes off the sky, the bird now having disappeared into the distance.

“B-but… how…”

After a moment, he took his sights away from the sky, and toward Tetra, across the bridge. His expression was a mix of scorn and bargain, his breathing becoming erratic.

“Wh… Wh-what happened Elma…?”
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

Lita looked at Rory, still shocked from what just happened. "Dude... that huge cuccoo just took your girlfriend..." She said, stating the obvious.
Tetra stopped for a moment, looking at Rory and Lita. "Come on... Let's go." She said, walking away. The other pirate stopped for a moment to look at Rory and Lita as well, at the bird, then followed Tetra down the summit.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

As Tetra and the large pirate walked away, Rory’s sorrow and denial quickly changed to anger. He forcefully snatched the sword off the ground. “HEY!” He shouted, as he began to sprint across the bridge. The two pirates turned around, somewhat surprised that such a shrimp could make such a tone. When he reached the other side, he harshly pointed straight at Tetra with his free hand. “Th… This is all your fault! If you hadn’t come here…!” He paused for a moment, trying to contain himself. He felt like his insides were churning and spinning like a cyclone. “You can’t... Just walk away from this like nothing happened!”
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

Tetra crossed her arms, looking sassy, yet felt a slight sense of guilt and pity. "I didn't ask for the bird to drop me on this island. Besides, there's nothing I can do. And neither can you. The bird took your friend away. She's gone." She said, turning around and walking off again, but was stopped by Quill, who was blocking her path. "Excuse me, miss." He said. "Woah! What are you doing, sneaking up on us like that?" She let out. "I do apologize for my silent enter, but I think you owe this boy more than what you gave him." He said. By this time, Lita approached the group. "Oh, great..." She muttered to herself. "It might not have been your fault that the bird dropped you here, but this boy, with his friend, as well as my disciple, saved you from monsters before they could get to you." He said.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Rory stood silently. He wasn’t sure what else to put on the table at this point. He remained furious and mortified, as the older Rito lectured the young pirate.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

Tetra sighed heavily. "I suppose you're right... but then what am I supposed to do? It's not like I can get her back, the bird is gone." She said. "Well, perhaps you two can come to a solution to this. Someone certainly has to go and get her! If it's not you, then maybe the young fella with his sword can do it. It will be dangerous though." Quill suggested, looking at Rory.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Rory’s eyes darted straight to the Rito. He wasn’t sure what to say. His anger subsided, as the feeling of his insides churning intensified, and began to feel nauseous. This was way too much to take in for Rory, everything that had just happened had been too sudden for him. Surely there had to be someone else on this island more eligible to save his best friend, right? His thoughts frantically searched for an alternative suggestion; there just had to be someone on the island able and willing to set sail, far from home.

The only ones on the island that were at least somewhat versed in the art of swordsmanship, apart from Elma and himself, were Orca and Sturgeon, who were far too elderly to take on such a task.

...Finally, after a long, awkward minute of silence, Rory solemnly, albeit reluctantly agreed with a nod.
“But, how could we possibly find out where the bird is heading to…?”
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

Tetra tried to talk and went "Wai..." but got interrupted by Quill. "The bird is heading off to it's nest to the north, at the Forsaken Fortress, I'm sure of it." Quill said. "The Forsaken Fortress?! Isn't that the place where..." Tetra started as Quill interrupted her once again. "So, what are you going to do? Under the circumstances, I don't think it would be unreasonable for you to give this boy a little help, now, would it?" Quill said.
"Hmph... I don't need you to tell me that! Even if I were to consider
it... Lately, I’ve heard nothing but evil rumors about this Forsaken Fortress. You can’t possibly mean to go there with nothing but that cheap little sword! That’s not brave! It’s stupid! I mean, come on! Even a simple little island like this has to have something you could use as a shield. You know, something to protect yourself with. Anything? Tell you what. If you come back with something like that, we’ll let you stow away on our ship. Oh, and one more thing: once we leave, you'd won’t be coming back here for a while, so you'd better go say goodbye to your family while you have the chance. I don’t want you getting all weepy-eyed and homesick on me!" Tetra demanded.

Quill walked over to Lita. "Let's head back to Dragon Roost, Lita. And this time, I'm gonna keep a much closer eye on you, young lady." Quill said as Lita sighed. The two flew off to the north-east, back to Dragon Roost island. "Good luck on your adventures, boy!" Quill yelled when flying off.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Rory’s heart sank down below his stomach. As everything had transpired, he didn’t think once about Elma’s father, and how he’d think. Her father wouldn’t have many people to blame. Perhaps he already knew. His head dropped straight down, and stumbled past the two pirates, not even acknowledging that Lita and Quill departed.
“I’m all alone in this now…” He thought, as he started down the winding hill. “I guess it’s best to get the confrontations over with.”
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

Tetra laughed lightly. "What is it, Miss Tetra? Are you really planning on taking that boy with us?" The pirate asked. Tetra looked at him. "I can't really help it, Gonzo. But don't worry... I have a plan." She said to him with a wink and a smirk. "Oh Miss Tetra, you always have the most cunning plans!" Gonzo said admiring.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

As Rory made it down the winding hill, he was briefly reminded that he had stolen a garden tool from somebody, and had left it at the bridge. Glancing over at the side-porch that he had taken it from, the owner remained absent. Of course, the wrath of a humble villager was the least of his worries now. Looking ahead, he saw that the pirate ship had been docked; the locals made sure to stay far away from the small crew standing on shore. The state of confusion and worry had arisen once more with the giant bird briefly returning, and the rest of the pirates on board clearly got tired of waiting. He turned around to see if the two pirates from before were following him, but alas, they were out of sight.
Making a conscious effort to avoid the crowd like the plague, he took a detour behind the houses. Before he knew it, he came face to face with the door to Elma’s house. His heart beat furiously, as he turned the knob. As a high pitched creak came from the door opening, Elma’s father, who was reading a book at the dining table, turned his head to Rory’s direction. He quickly put the book down, got up from his chair, and hastily approached Rory.

“Rory! There you are! Where have you been?! I’ve been looking for you and Elma everywhere!”
Rory stared at him straight in the eyes. He was speechless. His lips began to tremble again, before biting them down so as to somewhat hide it. Rory would’ve done anything to get out of this situation; Elma’s father clearly only knew about the bird and the pirate girl flying by and nothing more. And then, out from behind, Rory heard a voice from behind him.
“I’ll take care of this, Rory.” Orca said, as he took hold of the door. Something told Rory that Orca knew everything.

Rory looked at Orca, and to Elma’s father back and forth, before stepping back outside. A mix of shock and relief came over him, as his foot foot landed on the patch of dirt just outside the porch.
Rory accidentally managed to make out some of the words that Orca was saying.
“Before I say what I have to say, I want you to know that it was my… ...no one else’s. Rory... much of a victim as… of us.”
Before Rory could hear the rest, he sprinted away from the house. He didn’t think he could bear the sight of a humble villager’s world falling apart. “So much for getting that shield.” Rory thought. Down the hill, on the shore of the island, were the two pirate his now absent friends encountered from earlier, along with the other crew members he had yet to be acquainted with. To the left, was another group of houses, one of which, that caught Rory’s eye was…

“Oh, that’s right... …My house…” Because of the hectic day, he had almost forgotten that he still had a house that his parents supposedly lived in at some point. Not only that, but they too, had a family crest, similar to the one Elma’s house had. His house, that he almost never stayed at, wasn’t too far away from Elma’s house. Down the hill he came from, and a left taken later, he made it there in quite a jiffy. Opening the door, an indistinguishable odor flew out. It was obvious that the house was quite unkempt, although livable. Dust and cobwebs had been collected over time, and dishes and appliances were left unused. This house, unusually enough, had a loft, with a ladder leading up to it. As far as he could remember, there was no real purpose to the loft other than decorative purposes.

One ladder climb later, the shield presented itself on the wall as practically the first thing he saw as he climbed up. Rory vaguely remembered being told by his parents to never touch the family crest. Elma’s parents, were a bit more lenient about the matter. Nevertheless, Rory was never really tempted to fiddle with it. Though, Rory reasoned, it wasn’t like it mattered now. As he approached the shield, and put his hands on it, the shield came off rather easily.

Rory took a deep breath. “Alright, alright. Now to report back to those… pirates.” Rory never thought that he’d think those words in his life. Rory was able to conveniently strap the shield to his back, before climbing back down the ladder. Out the door he went, the shore where the pirates stood were just up ahead. Rory could feel his insides begin the leap up and down once more. He left like he could spontaneously combust any second. He knew he wasn’t ready, but it looked like he had no choice. Rory had thought it over the entire time getting the shield. He could not be more qualified out of any of the other coddled residents of Outset.

Taking one more deep breath, and telling himself not to hold it, he marched forward to the crew.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

Tetra turned around and glanced over to Rory. She tried to hold in her smirk. "I'm surprised you actually managed to find a shield in a place like this... It looks very old though, are you SURE you think you're capable of using this shield as a defensive tool in a place like the Forsaken Fortress?" Tetra sighed and shook her head slightly. "It seems like you're gonna hurt yourself with the splinters coming from it, rather than protect yourself. Well, whatever kid, no time to waste. Are you ready to go?" She asked.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Rory looked at the ground pitifully. “No…” He muttered, “...but I’m going anyway, before someone here stops me.” He looked back up at Tetra. “So, whenever you’re ready, I guess.” He kicked he dirt, waiting anxiously for a response. He was stuck in a position of really not wanting to go, but knowing that this was his only chance at leaving the island, something he never thought of doing once in his entire life, not even to seek out his parents. Rory felt deep remorse for everyone he cared for. Elma was kidnapped, and now he was going to run away from home without even telling Orca, Sturgeon, Elma’s father, nor any of the other villagers. His self loathing began to shift the blame from Tetra, and onto him. He felt that he was the blame for all that has happened.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

Tetra sighed again. "Well, if you say so... Come on and get on." Tetra walked on the ship with Gonzo following up close behind. "I'm curious though, kid, how did the girl's parents take it?" She asked.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Rory scoffed. He was actually a little bit surprised that a pirate could even care in the slightest. "None of your business." he answered truthfully, as he climbed aboard the ship.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

Tetra crossed her arms. "Well alright then... You can turn back at any time though, in case you chicken out at some point." she said, trying to mock him.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Rory ignored Tetra, making haste to the front of the deck. He began to feel very nauseous again.