Chao hacking information for SADX and SA2B on the PC.

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 2 weeks old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Chao hacking information for SADX and SA2B on the PC.

Post by Fusion »

Greetings.

As you may know, I have a Chao Editor program, which allows people to easily edit their chao on the PC versions of SADX and SA2B. That program is intended for people who simply want to modify their chao and go on their way playing the game, and it works for that purpose.

However, more technical users may be interested in the specific details that I used to create that program, e.g. the memory addresses, offsets, and enum values. Some examples of how this information could be used are: the development of cheat codes for the console games, the development of a new hacking tool, or simply to better understand the inner workings of the games.

Somebody actually contacted me asking for all of this information. I decided that instead of just passing it on to some random person via email, it would be better to publish it online for everybody to access and make use of. You can find it all on here on my website for now, but it will probably get added to Chao Island eventually when we can figure out a good way to incorporate it into the website.

Enjoy.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Re: Chao hacking information for SADX and SA2B on the PC.

Post by DarkyBenji »

thx ! this is exactly what i need for SADX (because i already have all the address of SA2B)
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Re: Chao hacking information for SADX and SA2B on the PC.

Post by Mooncow »

Another milestone for Chao Island and the community. I'm sure we all appreciate Fusion's hard work!
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.