Sonic Adventure 3 rumor

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
noahthehedgehog
Adept Chao
Adept Chao
Motto: An adventure is no fun if it is too easy!

Sonic Adventure 3 rumor

Post by noahthehedgehog »

So, a guy who claims to be former Sega employee gave out some information about the two Sonic games that shoul dbe released this year to honour the blurs' 25th B-day. According to him, there will be a 2D and a 3D-game, the last one, and I can't believe I'm saying it, is supposed to be Sonic Adventure 3 and that there will be a Chao garden in the game.
He also postet a picture of what is meant to be his emplyoyee card from Sega to prove his statement. but this pic could easily be fotoshopped.

Now, as much as I really really really want to believe this is true, I'm still veery sceptical about this guy and what he states.
If Sega confirms those statements, I will freak out I swear to Perfect Chaos.
Sega must have taken notice of that both the Aventure Series and Chao are very popular amongst Sonic fans so they easily could have taken the hints seriously and worked for several years to produce a high quality SA once again.
But then again it is most likely a giant fake. If so, that guy who postet it just has to be a man with no heart, playing with my feelings and so many others as well.

What do you guys think!?! No matter if the rumours turn out to be true or false, I sure am even more hooked up on Segas first official statement/trailer on this topic. :darksurprise:
the servers are the seven chaos. chaos is power. power is enriched by the heart. the controller is the one that unifies the chaos.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Sonic Adventure 3 rumor

Post by chaoadventures »

Gonna give us a link to this "leak"?

If this somehow is true, I unfortunately doubt Chao gardens. Because the last time we had a Sonic Adventure styled game (Sonic '06) they weren't included, which personally,
would have made the game actually worth buying for more than glitch hunts.

"Leak" aside, I attempted to find stuff pointing towards that this is SA3, that I've been working on since it was announced Crush 40 might be working on music for Sonic's 25th anniversary.

Here you go:
Spoiler:
The next Sonic Team game is...

SONIC ADVENTURE 3. AND IT'S GONNA BE A GOOD GAME. (Or at least one in the style of Adventure that's solid.)

How you ask?

Well, to start, first we have to go over the fact this is an anniversary game, made for Sonic's 25th.

Games have been made, and released in time for the year of Sonic's anniversary, since SA2.

Of course, you all know about Sonic Adventure 2 thebest3dsonicgameevermade because Chao. I mean, you guys have to of come from somewhere, right?
Anyways, when released SA2 had a special release in Japan called the "Sonic Adventure 2 Birthday Pack", this pack was literally:

SA2 + Cool limited edition merch, It was so limited, it only was on shelves for 2 days. In short: They did something for Sonic's birthday.

Moving on through the "History of Sonic", the next anniversary game was Sonic the Hedgehog. But nobody calls it that because they don't want to confuse it
with the original. This game was released in 2006, for Sonic's 15th. Additionally, everyone was overly excited about Good Graphics Sonic, and
to be honest, 90% of them were disappointed with the game's glitches, load times, unresponsive controls, and plot hole filled story, upon release.

The next game is Sonic Generations. Sonic's 20th. Near universal agreement of Good to Excellent gameplay.
The game was literally made for Sonic's 20th. I mean, the game starts with Sonic's birthday.

Right, now that we've got that down, let's apply it.

Here's a quick chart for reference:

10th Aniv - SA2 - Good

15th Aniv - '06 - Bad

20th Aniv - Generations - Good

25th Aniv - ??? - ???.

We don't even know if the game is bad yet, so there's two empty spots on its spot on the chart. Let's fill those in.

From what I've found the game is gonna be a Sonic Adventure styled game. How? Let's take a look at the gameplay of each of these games.

Sonic Adventure 2, uses the same type of play as the last game in the series before it: Sonic Adventure 1.
That's simple, right?

Then let's look at Sonic 2006. Despite the series taking a turn for the game style of the (apparently) well received Sonic Heroes, and then
Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic '06 decided to go back to the Adventure style. Unfortunately, 90% everybody didn't get what they wanted from the
game.

And now, Sonic Generations. Sonic Generations did what the last two games in the series did. Boosting.
Both Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colors did this, so Sonic Generations just followed.

What does this mean?

The pattern says:

SA2 - Previous game.

2006 - Adventure style.

Generations - Previous game.

Which means... Next game - Adventure style.

Now that we've got that, let's address the next problem. If we follow this pattern, one repercussion is that fact Sonic 2006 was terrible, that would mean this
game is gonna be terrible too, right? Nope. Unlike '06, this game wasn't rushed in development. Sonic '06 was clearly set up for much greater than what we
got, but was rushed. It was said the game was pushed back 3 to 4 years. Everything is looking good quality wise.

But what makes this SA3, and not say... Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2016)?

Well, here's those details.

At one point Hunnid-P, the guy that did the vocals for Knuckles' rap songs in SA2, said he was working on a project for Sonic back in 2012.
That lines up pretty well with the game getting pushed back 3 to 4 years.

More recently, Crush 40 was said to potentially be making songs for the game.

Seems kinda suspicious how this is lining up to me.

Additionally, this interview happened, in which, Iizuka said SA3 could happen. They could have been working on it the whole time, and then the game got
pushed back. This game could very well could be Sonic Adventure 3. Or I'm crazy. We'll see.
Last edited by chaoadventures on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
noahthehedgehog
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/322643451/
https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/322656368
Those are the posts the guy made himself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8hMihWohjI
This is a video where a youtuber sums up the "info" we already got. I noticed it via his channel so I give you the link to his video as well.
the servers are the seven chaos. chaos is power. power is enriched by the heart. the controller is the one that unifies the chaos.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

If all the crazy improbable fan theories about Pokemon Z were true, it stands to reason that all the crazy theories about Sonic's anniversary game will also be true.

Because 2016 will be the Year of Successfully Realize d Fandom Expectations.

It's a new era.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
noahthehedgehog
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

^That would be just great, Ivo!
I also am a supporter of Pokemon Z though :wink:
Link The Hedgehog
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: PK THREE STOCK!!

Post by Link The Hedgehog »

I know it's not likely but if this guy is telling the truth, well, you already know how I feel. Because everyone here wants a good Sonic game, or a sequel to one of the best. And the chao, gosh.

God please let this be true.
Did I miss anything guys? Besides CI revival posts I mean.
Nintendo Network ID: FreezeNinja | 3DS FC: 2449-4908-9808 | Xbox LIVE: CarlosLOVESLegs
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

Maybe Retro, the true 4chan memelord of the island, can give us his opinion on this.

This would be the first Sonic game for PS4/XBone, much like the Adventure style games kicking off the previous two generations.

But then again, my copy of Sonic Riders is marked as a 15th anniversary game on the cover (PAL PS2) just to ruin your theory
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

^ It's only marked as 15th anniversay because the game was released during the 15 anniversary year (february 2006). As we all know, the actual game released to dedicate the occasion was Sonic '06, which was released in November of that year.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

I heard people have been finding things in the images he showed that somewhat deconfirm this?

Regardless if its real... great, dont mess it up. Otherwise, i'm taking this with a lot of salt
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

Bumped for sake of updating, the leaks were fake, they were by some user on Sonic Stadium
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

Fortunately, my theory still stands.

- - -
noahthehedgehog
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

So Sega finally made some sort of a teaser although no really info is shared with the fans yet. They made a post on FB. What I find very interesting about it is a answer they gave to a comment on the pic:

I believe it to be a joke of some sort. But Sonic 2016 becomes more real! Any guesses on what the numbers on the bottom of the pic have to say? Sega says they are random but I dont believe that since the last number is a 16.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

^What was the question, what was the reply, and what are the numbers?
noahthehedgehog
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

The guy(Patrick) asks for a game were Big the Cat is featured and you learn more about his past. Sega answers "remember this post, Patrick."
On the bottom of the picture there are tiny random numbers in the following order:
4-3-1-21-16.
An explanation on what the numbers may mean is missing, instead they claim the numbers to be random. But, as I said, I doubt that one since the last number clearly refers to the actual year.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Crash32 »

Source
It's a comment on a picture of the Game Grumps with a Big The Cat plush. The previously mentioned numbers are clearly written in a row on the bottom of the photo
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

noahthehedgehog wrote:The guy(Patrick) asks for a game were Big the Cat is featured and you learn more about his past. Sega answers "remember this post, Patrick."
On the bottom of the picture there are tiny random numbers in the following order:
4-3-1-21-16.
An explanation on what the numbers may mean is missing, instead they claim the numbers to be random. But, as I said, I doubt that one since the last number clearly refers to the actual year.
Okay, time to theorize. What if we were to put these numbers at the bottom in a order? ( "4, 3, 1 , 21, 16") What if we reorganized them to be in order so it would be
"1, 3, 4, 16, 21"?

1= month (January)
3= Sonic Adventure 3
4= they have been secretly working on it since 24th anniversary (I don't know, I'm just throwing that in there)
16= 2016
21= announcement is on the 21st

DUN DUN DUUUN!
ooooh I am very close to solving this secret...
Last edited by ChaoGardenBuster on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Crash32 »

For SA3, 1/21/16
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Sonic 4 Episode 3 on 1-21-16
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Please no Sonic 4 Episode 3. Episode 2 was absolute trash and I'm glad it killed the series that was supposed to come after Sonic 3, even though Sonic Generations did the old formula way better.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

Actually, if you look at the numbers in the picture closely. You can see that three numbers are bold, the ones that are bold are "4, 1, 16"

4= month (April)
1= date (1st)
16= year (2016)

What does this mean? It's quite obvious. Big The Cat April fools joke will be posted April 1st on facebook...but we don't know for sure. I know that 1 of these theories has to be correct.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

^On that note,
Source.
As you can see, this is a picture of a Big the Cat plush, with a piece of paper saying "Keep it secret. Keep it safe." and the numbers 4/1/16 above it.
It was also posted November last year.

Of course, I would like to remind you guys that the people currently running Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter and Facebook aren't usually very serious.
Nova! wrote:Please no Sonic 4 Episode 3. Episode 2 was absolute trash and I'm glad it killed the series that was supposed to come after Sonic 3, even though Sonic Generations did the old formula way better.
Generations' rocket booster Spin Dash was not better.

- - -
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

If you honestly think the S4E2 is just as good as generations, then I'm sorry.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

Well, both messed up in enough places to be on par with each other. (In other words, neither really succeeded in their goal.)

But I seriously don't know why nobody likes Episode 2 remotely. Episode 1 was a definitely a train wreck though.
---
Guys, I figured it out! 3/21/16.
3/21.
3-2-1.
3-2-1-GO!

THE ANSWER IS RHYTHM THIEF 2.

Or y'know, a potential set up for whatever SEGA's doing.

- - -
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I'm leaning towards the numbers being random or this being a deliberate troll by Sega.

If they have any meaning, the last 3 being a date makes as much sense as anything, and it's only a ten day wait until the 21st.

Also 4 + 3 -1 = 6. June 21, 2016 is the 25th Anniversary of the original Sonic the Hedgehog's release. June 21 falls on a Tuesday this year, and Tuesday is the typical day of release for new games in the US. This may mean they intend to release the 25th Anniversary game onthe actual game.

Also, the 3 might mean they plan to pull a Nintendo and the Anniversary game, instead of being something new, is the long awaited mobile version of Sonic 3. And if you wonder about the Nintendo reference, remember that one of Mario's Anniversary Games was little better than a VC release of Super Mario All-Stars.
noahthehedgehog
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

chaoadventures wrote:But I seriously don't know why nobody likes Episode 2 remotely. Episode 1 was a definitely a train wreck though.
I actually like Ep2 a lot, it is better than Ep1 and I enjoyed it. To me, it is not bad at all.