Chao Reincarnation Questions

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Lunar Dust
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory.

Chao Reincarnation Questions

Post by Lunar Dust »

Good evening, friends.

Since I am a terrible Chao raiser, I have very little experience in Chao reincarnation and therefore, I have no idea how reincarnation is supposed to work!
Precisely, I know that your Chao must have at least 30 happiness points out of the scale of -100 to 100, but - without hacking - is there any way to know for certain that your Chao has the right amount of happiness? Are there any kind of actions the Chao does when it's really happy?

Also, another quick question on the subject;
Is it possible for a Chao's expression to change after reincarnation? I've heard different things, and would like a definitive answer on the subject.

I have done a brief search through both the website and the forum, but I failed to find anything that answered my questions.

Thanks! :chaohappy:
FedoraBrella Chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Fedoras and umbrellas...together at last!

Re: Chao Reincarnation Questions

Post by FedoraBrella Chao »

When its happiness is 50 or above, it will come if you whistle around it, and will do unique "cheering" animations when you pick it up.
Fedoras and umbrellas will always stand beside me!
Lunar Dust
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Lunar Dust »

FedoraBrella Chao wrote:When its happiness is 50 or above, it will come if you whistle around it, and will do unique "cheering" animations when you pick it up.
I thought that was just for the bonding between characters and the Chao?
Or is that the same kind of scale?
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

I think it is specific between characters, but it is generally indicative of a chao's overall happiness.

And faces can change across reincarnation. A very prominent example is that dark chao will reincarnate to have angry eyes. There are more subtle ones than that, though.
Lunar Dust
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Lunar Dust »

Thank you very much for your advice, guys! My Chao successfully reincarnated. :chaohappy:
Spoiler: