Sega Dreamcast -Anyway For Me To Get A Jewel Chao?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 12 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Shadow_Dweller
Child Chao
Child Chao

Sega Dreamcast -Anyway For Me To Get A Jewel Chao?

Post by Shadow_Dweller »

You see, I have the Sega Dreamcast version of Sonic Adventure 2. Now that the online black market is down, is there anyway (Legitimately or non-legitimately) get a Jewel Chao?
Metal Sonic
Master Chao
Master Chao

Re: Sega Dreamcast -Anyway For Me To Get A Jewel Chao?

Post by Metal Sonic »

The only true jewel chao are in Sonic Adventure (the first one) the gold and silver eggs that you can bring to the chao garden there are jewel chao. Though you would need that portable chao thing to transfer the chao to Sonic Adventure 2.
Shadow_Dweller
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Shadow_Dweller »

Metal Sonic wrote:The only true jewel chao are in Sonic Adventure (the first one) the gold and silver eggs that you can bring to the chao garden there are jewel chao. Though you would need that portable chao thing to transfer the chao to Sonic Adventure 2.
Yes, yes, you need not talk to me like I am some newbie. I realize that I can indeed obtain those chao, and bring them over via VMU. However, if I were to do that, then the chao would come out looking normal when I bring it over. Anyone wanna bring Crazo in here?
Tayrtahn
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Tayrtahn »

On the less-legit side of things, you can look into a program called Dream Explorer if your Dreamcast is able to play burned discs (most are).

In addition to the decidedly non-legit Chao Editor 2 VMU game, you can find a few special chao tucked away in some of the save files included with the program. I snagged a sapphire chao and a ruby chao by this method. I also ran across an egg chao (an egg with legs, like one of the challenge races) in one garden.

Dream Explorer also includes an extremely useful tool: a VMU emulator, which lets you play VMU minigames on your TV. As any Dreamcast owner knows, those VMU batteries don't last very long, and they are fairly expensive to replace. Frustatingly, Chao Adventure 2 is the only way to name your chao, check its stats, raise luck and intelligence, and find items like seeds and heart fruit. The VMU emulator lets you do all that on your TV, removing the need for fresh VMU batteries. Huzzah!

EDIT:
Shadow_Dweller wrote:Yes, yes, you need not talk to me like I am some newbie. I realize that I can indeed obtain those chao, and bring them over via VMU. However, if I were to do that, then the chao would come out looking normal when I bring it over. Anyone wanna bring Crazo in here?
Oddly, those chao may come out looking normal, but the game does recognize their jewel colors in their DNA or something. If you breed them, there's a chance that the offspring will be jewel chao, and they will properly display the jewel appearance. Reincarnation also seems to fix the problem, and they will have the correct appearance during their second life.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

I wish I could help, but Dreamcast is where my information is far weaker.

Based on what I have learned, an SA Jewel Chao on SA2 will regain its Jewel Coat once it reincarnates, but if you planned on using it for breeding it will still breed like a Jewel Chao, so you can get a Gold Chao or Silver Chao by breeding.

Supposedly Sonic Retro's recreated Black Market works, so you could also try that, but its a long shot.

http://dricas.sonicretro.org/sonic2/en/ ... arket.html

May I ask what your goal in bringing a Jewel Chao to SA2 is? Is it just to have one or for breeding purposes?
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Shadow_Dweller
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Shadow_Dweller »

Crazo3077 wrote:I wish I could help, but Dreamcast is where my information is far weaker.

Based on what I have learned, an SA Jewel Chao on SA2 will regain its Jewel Coat once it reincarnates, but if you planned on using it for breeding it will still breed like a Jewel Chao, so you can get a Gold Chao or Silver Chao by breeding.

Supposedly Sonic Retro's recreated Black Market works, so you could also try that, but its a long shot.

http://dricas.sonicretro.org/sonic2/en/ ... arket.html

May I ask what your goal in bringing a Jewel Chao to SA2 is? Is it just to have one or for breeding purposes?
Due to the fact that no one here (or the internet, for that matter) seems to know a whole lot about chao breeding mechanics for the Dreamcast games, I've decided I would like to do a little experimenting for myself.
Shadow_Dweller
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Shadow_Dweller »

Tayrtahn wrote:On the less-legit side of things, you can look into a program called Dream Explorer if your Dreamcast is able to play burned discs (most are).

In addition to the decidedly non-legit Chao Editor 2 VMU game, you can find a few special chao tucked away in some of the save files included with the program. I snagged a sapphire chao and a ruby chao by this method. I also ran across an egg chao (an egg with legs, like one of the challenge races) in one garden.

Dream Explorer also includes an extremely useful tool: a VMU emulator, which lets you play VMU minigames on your TV. As any Dreamcast owner knows, those VMU batteries don't last very long, and they are fairly expensive to replace. Frustatingly, Chao Adventure 2 is the only way to name your chao, check its stats, raise luck and intelligence, and find items like seeds and heart fruit. The VMU emulator lets you do all that on your TV, removing the need for fresh VMU batteries. Huzzah!

EDIT:
Shadow_Dweller wrote:Yes, yes, you need not talk to me like I am some newbie. I realize that I can indeed obtain those chao, and bring them over via VMU. However, if I were to do that, then the chao would come out looking normal when I bring it over. Anyone wanna bring Crazo in here?
Oddly, those chao may come out looking normal, but the game does recognize their jewel colors in their DNA or something. If you breed them, there's a chance that the offspring will be jewel chao, and they will properly display the jewel appearance. Reincarnation also seems to fix the problem, and they will have the correct appearance during their second life.
This looks to be a huge help, other than the fact that I would have no idea how to use it. XP
If someone could link me to some sort of tutorial, I would be very grateful.
Neonsupersonic6789
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Neonsupersonic6789 »

Do you have sadx
Neonsupersonic
Shadow_Dweller
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Shadow_Dweller »

Neonsupersonic6789 wrote:Do you have sadx
Yes, I do, however I do not see how haveing Sonic Adventure Deluxe would allow me to obtain a jewel chao in the Dreamcast versions of the game(s).
Metal Sonic
Master Chao
Master Chao

Post by Metal Sonic »

meh yeah that is a Gamecube game, so that does not help with Dreamcast games.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

Shadow_Dweller wrote:Due to the fact that no one here (or the internet, for that matter) seems to know a whole lot about chao breeding mechanics for the Dreamcast games, I've decided I would like to do a little experimenting for myself.
Then I will like to offer you two things.

1. My Current Knowledge
As far as I can tell, most of the time Chao will have a fifty/fifty chance at a result being one of the two parents. Others have displayed success in obtained mixed breeds such as the Onyx Chao (Black and Silver) and the Bronze Chao (Black and Gold), but those results seem to be from breeding on the VMU specifically. That's all I got.

2. A Testing Method I Trust
Keep track of how many times you have to breed before you get a result and what results you get. I'm sure you know that much, but there are a lot of people who don't keep proper check and end up with faulty proof. It is why I don't typically accept information until I test it myself.
Metal Sonic wrote:
meh yeah that is a Gamecube game, so that does not help with Dreamcast games.
Gamecube, PC, 360, and PS3.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Shadow_Dweller
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Shadow_Dweller »

[ragequit] Derp. Freaking. Derp. The screws of both the batteries of my VMUs are stript (Spelling?). looks like i'm heading over to eBay, and hoping to get one that isn't. [ragequit/]