Chao can perform many different actions, as described below. If there is an action that you don't see listed here, it may actually be a learnt animal behaviour.
- Your Chao may bounce up and down with a happy expression, and a heart above its head.
- If your Chao likes your character and is nearby, it may start running up to it with it's arms held out. When it reaches your character it will rub against it wanting attention.
- If your Chao dislikes your character and is near it, it may hiss at the character.
- If your Chao can fly, it may randomly fly around the garden.
- If your Chao is bored, it may perform one of its learnt animal behaviours.
- If your Chao has been given a Skunk, it may draw one of the following: