Sonic and the Black Knight

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!
Warning! This topic is 15 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Gamen
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Sonic and the Black Knight

Post by Gamen »

This game is supposed be the next Sonic game in the "Storybook" series that SEGA started with Sonic and the Secret Rings. The main gimmick for this one is that Sonic wields a sword to attack with. The game uses an EXP system like Secret Rings, and features segments that switch to a 2D point of view like Unleashed. Other characters including Knuckles and Shadow are confirmed to be playable too. The goal of the game is to become a full-fledged knight so you can take out the evil Black Knight.

I'm expecting this game to be decent. I doubt it'll be the best Sonic game ever, but it doesn't look like it'll suck either. So yeah.

(Wiki it if you want more info, although there isn't much at the moment.)
fwqwhgads
Gaiex
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by Gaiex »

i read about it in Nintendo Power
Thanx Shadow

チャオ島〜は最高!

If you have a Tails Chao and you're proud, put this in your sig.
KevinBushy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by KevinBushy »

I am so getting this game lol!
chaomaster
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by chaomaster »

i will get it to you know i also read it in nintendo power i didnt know that shadow and knuckles are playable is it a rumor can you give us the link to the website?
I see and hear all you do I am mysterious that way.
Pokemon Doom RPG
KevinBushy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by KevinBushy »

You can be shadow and knuckles?
Gamen
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Gamen »

chaomaster wrote:i will get it to you know i also read it in nintendo power i didnt know that shadow and knuckles are playable is it a rumor can you give us the link to the website?
Er, it was in the NP issue. Reread the article and you should see it there.
fwqwhgads
KevinBushy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by KevinBushy »

Ok, we will :darkcool:
Gaiex
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by Gaiex »

i may but this game too
Thanx Shadow

チャオ島〜は最高!

Rocket
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Rocket »

IKE IS REALLY SONIC IS DISGUISE!

=o

This game will probably be another rental, I don't expect it to be bad, but I also don't expect it to be worth the hefty price tag wii games carry. If the game costs that much, I want it to give me at least a years worth of constant entertainment.
Several games have had trouble with the sword functions, and I hope this game will manage to get it down pat.

While Knuckles and Shadow are nice add ons (Knuckles more so to me than Shadow) they will probably be just that, add ons. They will probably not make, or break, the game. I wouldn't get it just because you could play as an emo black furred version of Sonic, or a red echidna that is capable of doing everything "WITH MY FIST".

I hold low expectations, but hopefully that means it will jump over them.
Gaiex
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by Gaiex »

o.O wow that was wordy lol
Thanx Shadow

チャオ島〜は最高!

Cyclone
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Cyclone »

Rocket wrote:While Knuckles and Shadow are nice add ons (Knuckles more so to me than Shadow) they will probably be just that, add ons.
Yay! Another Knuckles fan :chaohappy:

On Topic: any way heres some stuff you may or may not know;
- same dev team as Secret Rings

- “This time, a sorceress named Merlina summons Sonic to the mythical realm of King Arthur, but it seems the fabled monarch has somehow been corrupted and now rules the land as the tyranical Black Knight.”

- storybook telling like Secret Rings

- “As Sonic runs along, a simple flick of the Wii remote will execute a basic slash, which is enough to dispatch most low-level grunts.”

- thrust, parry, and buzz-saw-like moves for the sword

- “During our demo, we saw the hedgehog leap from a high precipice, then thrust the blade into a wall to slow his decent, sparks flying impressively as steel cut through brick.”

- “Combat is integrated in such a way that most of the time you can slice through any who stand in your path without even slowing down.”

- Control Sonic via joystick

- “Our hero begins his quest as a mere knave. Only by becoming a full-fledged knight will he have any hope of defeating King Arthur.”

- “his sword, a talking blade named Calibur, serves as a mentor.”

- “If you help civilian townfolk in need of assistance, you’ll earn points toward knighthood. If you smite one of those civilians, your reputation will take a hit.”

- “At the end of each stage, the game tallies your good and not-so-good deeds and updates your rank accordingly.”

- “Sonic can aquire everything from gauntlets to magical tomes to new swords, and when equipped, each article bestows him with a unique benefit.”

- “On the audio side, veteran composer Jen Senoue is taking a smiliar approach, injecting familiar Sonic themes with a Celtic flavor.”

- Magic used to give Sonic extra powers. It looks as if Choas float around Sonic when magic is used

- 200 items, some can be combined with others

- go online to trade items

- Rings no longer appear in computer monitors, but instead, sacks

- skill system from Secret Rings returns, but it will not interrupt the gameplay

- mission structure returns

- “Each stage has multiple branching paths and searching for townsfolk and treasure chests provides an element of exploration that recalls Sonic’s early Genesis days.”

- “The camera will occasionally pan to a side-scrolling perspective for a quick dose of classic 2-D action.”

- “And there will be no dinosaur eggs!”

- ”When people see that Sonic is wielding a sword, they’ll probably have certain expectations of the multiplayer mode. And all I can say is that we’re thinking along those same lines.”

- “Just as they subbed in for such characters as Ali Baba and Aladdin in Sonic and the Secret Rings, a number of familiar faces will assume Arthurian personas in SBK.”

- “This time, however, some of Sonic’s friends will be playable. Each hero will boast unique abilities, and though the team isn’t ready to divulge the full cast just yet, we do know the identities of two playable comrades: Knuckles, who brandishes two swords at once, and Shadow.”

- there will be other characters, but you don’t have to play as them if you don’t want

- “While the old gauges from Secret Rings are gone, a new special gauge will “bestow him with similarly impressive powers. The meter fills gradually whenever Sonic vanquishes an enemy or snags a purple elemental, and when it reaches a certain point you can unleash a powerful combination attack capable of tearing through multiple foes in quick succession. You simply press the B button to lock onto the nearest enemy, flick the remote to strike him down, then press B again to move onto the next unfortunate soul. If you chain together enough smitings before the gauge is depleted, Sonic will receive a speed burst at the end of the string.”

- “the team behind Sonic and the Black Knight is keenly aware of the franchise’s past missteps, and their enthusiasm for doing right by the series is infections.”
zach1212
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by zach1212 »

im NOT getting this.
bloodbanshee
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by bloodbanshee »

has it already came out?

If you have any recipies tell me about em!
Cyclone
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Cyclone »

Not yet
Monkeh
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Noo!

Post by Monkeh »

A talking Blade Named Calibur? No!

If Calibur consistently talks throughout the level like your team did in Sonic Heroes or your ally in Shadow, I'll go mad. I far prefered just going through the level with the occasional Tikal or Omochao off the side of the path to help you.
Marth
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Marth »

I just hope its better than that crappy Sonic and the secret rings game.. that one bored me to death.=)

I think it comes out in Spring 2009.
*Hi I'm Jen who is obsessed with Marth Lowell*
*Is The Chao Master*
Cyclone
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Re: Noo!

Post by Cyclone »

Monkeh wrote:A talking Blade Named Calibur? No!

If Calibur consistently talks throughout the level like your team did in Sonic Heroes or your ally in Shadow, I'll go mad. I far prefered just going through the level with the occasional Tikal or Omochao off the side of the path to help you.
It might have those spinning rainbow question mark things again.
Though I always felt that they were out of place...
Monkeh
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Re: Noo!

Post by Monkeh »

Cyclone wrote:
Monkeh wrote:A talking Blade Named Calibur? No!

It might have those spinning rainbow question mark things again.
Though I always felt that they were out of place...
They weren't too bad, but it was mainly just like Power Plant in Sonic Heroes, where Tails goes 'Woooow, my head's spinning!' or 'I'm falling'!
When you switch Team members, do they really have to speak? And in the cannon blast in Bullet Station, when I hit a Balloon, Knuckles will yell 'Alright!', and I'll be hitting.. say 20 balloons in the single run? That's 20 'Alright!'s in a very small space of time.

It makes me sad.
SuperAnthony
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by SuperAnthony »

It doesnt look that great to me. But i still might get it.
Chaoscontroller
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by Chaoscontroller »

a game where u can play as knux and shadow my two fav charecters!!!
BTC4
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by BTC4 »

It looks awful. The sword thing is a huge gimmick. I'm hoping unleashed will be okay, as long as there's not too many "were-hog" moments but most console Sonic games since SA series have been pretty bad.
BIG THE CAT NUMBER 4
FUSION WAS A BABY CHAO MOD
:herosway: :herosway: :herosway: :herosway:
Cyclone
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Cyclone »

Heroes wan't too bad, and '06 had alot of potential. Had SEGA not forced Sonic team to release it for the holiday season, and instead they took their time, I think it could have been very good. Shadow sucked and I have really nothing good to say about it. And secrect rings was fun.