So I was thinking about Sonic 06

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!
Warning! This topic is 12 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

Should SEGA remake 06?

Yes, with no plot overhaul
6%
Yes, with minor plot overhaul
29%
Yes, with some plot overhaul
18%
Yes, with major plot overhaul
12%
No
35%

Total votes: 17

Yzarro
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: I would sell you to Satan for one corn chip.

So I was thinking about Sonic 06

Post by Yzarro »

And I was thinking, why doesn't SEGA remake 06? It COULD have been a great game, the SA3 we all wanted.
However, they rushed it, creating poor, frustrating, glitchy gameplay and a sub-par plot. (At least, that's what I'm told about the plot, anyway. I never got much further than Sonic's ice stage and Silver's stage in that jungle place, which I couldn't find a way out of. (I really liked Silver's gameplay, actually.))

I think, with fan support and enough time, Sega could have a second go at 06, and make it what they hoped it would become.
I actually looked it up, and I've seen some people discussing the same idea.
What do you think? Should they remake it? And what would you like to see added/removed? Personally, the mach speed parts were what I most hated.
Last edited by Yzarro on Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
(18:10:19) shadow_is_BEAST: WHO GAVE Y'ALL THE RIGHT TO LICK OTHER PEOPLE OUT
ShadouZaHejjihoggu
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Re: So I was thinking about Sonic 06

Post by ShadouZaHejjihoggu »

It was indeed rushed, but only because they had a deadline they could not meet.

I liked it regardless. A remake would be nice.
btw i cant beat the bailey fight
Mana
Master Chao
Master Chao
Motto: unintelligible mumbled/yodeled gibberish

Post by Mana »

I would love to see '06 get remade since really, it could have been a great game if more time would have been spent on it. But, they are changes that would have to be made to it to make it a successful remake.

The minor things that would have to be fixed:
1. The graphic inconsistencies. If you notice, some of the cut scenes don't match each other when it comes to graphical quality.

2. Change the name to Sonic Adventure 3. I think that title fits better than "Sonic the Hedgehog", keeping in mind how the game vastly resembles the original Sonic Adventure.

3. The voices. Using the voice cast from Colors/Generations would be just fine.

4. Cut down the loading times.

The major changes:
1. Get rid of the Sonic and Elise romance, I don't approve of bestiality. Or change her to an anthro character (that's preferably not a hedgehog).

2. The whole thing about Princess Elise having possession of the Chaos Emerald from the time she was a little girl. It would be acceptable if she were to obtain it very recently before the events of the game take place.

3. Clear up the Mephiles confusion. There's a theory that two Mephileses are in the game, there's the Mephiles that is defeated by Shadow, Rouge, and Omega, and there's the Mephiles that killed Sonic and eventually fused with Iblis to become Solaris. The other theory is that after Mephiles was "defeated" by the former Team Dark, he teleported to where Sonic was and killed him.

4. Fix the sloppy game play.

5. Fix how broken the mach stages are. They're a cheap challenge.

6. Fix the broken physics engine.

7. Fix the glitches in the game.
When CI sucks come *here*. Skype: indicus.morpheus 3DS: 0216-1357-9970
Gaon
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Gaon »

I saw in the comments of some STH 06 OST videos like ''Sonic 06 Y U NO Remake'' although they could do it for 360/PS3 or why not, the Wii U if SEGA takes a lot of time on considering it
kimmiechao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by kimmiechao »

It is a shame how poorly made the game was, because the storyline def seems interesting enough. I just finally got around to playing this game again a couple weeks ago (the first time I played it years ago I gave up five minutes into the first level, the glitches and loading screens pissed me off so much). After playing Generations, I'm determined to beat it because I really want to know about Silver's storyline. But idk if Sega would really take the time to go through and fix all of their mistakes in this game, because there's ALOT.
Please support my Sonic/Chao Forum! http://kimmiechao.proboards23.com
Gaon
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Gaon »

Mana wrote:Or change her to an anthro character
Or at least make amy kiss him >_>
Delibird444
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by Delibird444 »

The game had crazy potential, but it was ruined horribly. A remake would never sell well after the media trashing it. If you change it too much, it's no longer a remake- just a new game that uses the same storyline as one that failed (which would be trashed by the media as a "cheap lazy rehash").

I think they could recycle the elements that worked into a Sonic Adventure 3. Dropping the "mach speed" portions is a fantastic way to start.

I hate to get cliché, but SEGA, you can never progress if you don't learn from your mistakes. :herocool:
Marine_Chaos_Chao
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao
Motto: That's just Grand-acious!

Post by Marine_Chaos_Chao »

i wouldn't mind them doing it. they just need to rework on the glitches. They might as well put up Sonic Adventure, SA2B, Sonic Heores, and other games from before Sonic 06. At least it would make more sense.
'Allo Everyone! I'm Maci-Lena, and I've finally came back...you probably don't care, do you?
I'm a Mephiles fan, and recently an Eclipse fan.
I may decide to do commisions in the future, but for now, CI will be a place to be silly on.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

^
SA2B is a remake. It's a remake of SA2 (Sonic Adventure 2). Also, Sonic Adventure already has a remake. Sonic Adventure DX: Directer's Cut. SADX for short.

I would like to see a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), perhaps for Wii. :)
Hopefully they will fix harmful/annoying glitches (like ones that result in you dying).
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")