"this" should've been 3D sonic stages.

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!
Warning! This topic is 12 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

"this" should've been 3D sonic stages.

Post by retrolinkx »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWbnwROz ... =endscreen

Am I the only one to think 3D sonic stages in generations should've been like this?

Now I'm not starting the ol' "NOFING WAS GUD AFTER SA2" rant, because we all know that's true, but I always found these stages better than the ones in modern sonic games, because they felt more like a platformer, than just "gotta go fast" stages, in which it's just one linear path to the exit.

City Escape from Generations was the closest to this, as you had sort of big field to move around in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9YTwY0MD6c

About a minute in is what I'm talking about, something where you can move around it's not "Run, jump, run jump" every few seconds and always restricted to the 3 parts of the screen instead of pretty much anywhere, I also found the modern stages much more glitchy than the ones seen in Sonic Adventure/2.

Call it a very badly done rant if you wish, but all I'm saying is that 3D Modern Sonic Stages in Generations should've been like SA/2 Style.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Re: "this" should've been 3D sonic stages.

Post by Triert »

"Gotta go fast" "One linear path to the exist" "Something thats not run jump."

But that's every single sonic adventure game!
iDontKnow
Master Chao
Master Chao

Post by iDontKnow »

ImageImageImageImageImage
If I make a post, and you respond, the odds of me even seeing it 0.
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

I don't think Triert gets it.
Ever tried moving left and right in a 3D Sonic game after 06?
No?
Okay.
Soaringspirit
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Soaringspirit »

I understand what you're trying to say. Although, I've always seen the adventure games as more glitchy. I can't tell you how many times I've been glitch killed in those games. Still, I agree that the Adventure games were the best. Not to say modern was bad, I just personally don't like modern Sonic. Although I find modern sonic in Generations acceptable. Gameplay isn't everything in a game. Plot, Replay Value and Music are very important factors as well. The four are like legs of a table. Each aspect needs the others to keep the table standing. Knock one out, and the whole table falls over.

Take Sonic 06 for example. It had really good music and a decent plot, but there was barely any replay value and the gameplay was just so terrible that few people actually liked it.

SA2 was a prime example of a standing table. It had an amazing plot especially in the final boss. The game also had multiple plot twists to keep the player interested. It's music was amazing and I've rarely found myself playing a stage without humming along to the music. I'd say the game has a **** load of replay value, including the Chao Garden and 180 Emblems to collect. Overall, it was an amazing game!

Sonic Unleashed didn't have nearly as good of a plot, and music for the most part seemed more like part of the scenery. Every level seemed to have the same "Hold Dash button to win" scenario. There was no replay value at all except the boring "find all these secret coins" things, and who wants to sit there for 24 hours searching for those dumb sun and moon medals? It also had the whole S rank thing, but there was really no point in getting all S ranks like there is in SA2.

Sonic Colors adds the red rings, so there's a little more replay value, but still there's no real reason to look for them.
I suppose it's time to say :cool: Ciao.
Timnoldzim
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Timnoldzim »

Isn't it general consensus that the perfect 3D Sonic game would basically just be an upgrade of SA2? Because that's what I think. SA2 perfected the Sonic formula, and I really wish they'd go back to that play style.
Here
Comes
The Thnikkaman!
ShadouZaHejjihoggu
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by ShadouZaHejjihoggu »

I completely agree. Although the "Boost to Win" isn't as prevalent in Sonic Generations, at least with this kind of gameplay you have a bit of free roam capabilities.
btw i cant beat the bailey fight
Spam90675
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Spam90675 »

Why would I care how other people think about the Sonic games

At least they're still making good games that's all I need

Better than making a remake of the game for a new console 5 years after the latest game then forgetting about it entirely

IF YOU'RE READING THIS RODNEY GREENBLAT CONSIDER THIS A SIGN TO GET BACK TO PARAPPA THE RAPPER

IT'S BEEN LONG ENOUGH GIVE ME PARAPPA THE RAPPER 3 DAMN IT.

AND MAKE IT FOR MORE THAN JUST VITA/PS3 EXCLUSIVE.
SonicBoom
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Mottoes are overrated

Post by SonicBoom »

I've been able to see up to three different sonic gens. There may be more that I havn't seen yet, but the three I see are platformer (The origional games), adventure (Like SA2B), and rollercoaster style (Sonic Unleashed, day stages). Personally, I think the adventure style was the best, as both platformer and rollercoaster style restrict the explorative aspect, which is almost the best part of the game.
My out of site contact is here
Spoiler:
Hydro wrote:ESS BEE, STOP BEING A STUBBORN LITTLE CRACKMONKEY AND LOOK.
Affected by the Shrubby curse 7 times and counting.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

^

This is basically what I wanted to say.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!