Sonic Heroes

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Re: Sonic Heroes

Post by PinkIceFox »

Literally the only difference I see in Heroes is:

Team Rose: Easy Mode
Team Sonic: Normal Mode
Team Dark: Hard Mode
Team Chaotix: And now for something completely different!

I love the Chaotix, and that's the reason I still like this game. It brought back Espio and Vector~
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
Marnex
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Post by Marnex »

Crash32 wrote:
Marnex wrote:it has a major flaw. Every single team basically has the same levels and bosses. It gets repetitive.
I don't get these kinds of Sonic fans;

In Adventure, you play through mostly the same levels with some different gameplay mechanics.
In Heroes, you play through mostly the same levels with some different gameplay mechanics.

WHY IS ADVENTURE ALWAYS CONSIDERED THE BEST?
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, which is the one I consider the best, also has this flaw, but to a lesser degree. You actually have three different types of core gameplay mechanics. Sonic and Shadow, Tails and Eggman, and Knuckles and Rouge. Each set plays completely differently from each other and have completely different levels. Every Team in Sonic Heroes, however, plays the same. Every level is the same. And every boss is exactly the same. The only exception is the objective in Team Chaotix, which is a nice difference, but the core gameplay of the teams are still the same.

Usually, whenever I play Sonic Heroes again, I only have fun playing Team Sonic and Team Dark. It just gets too repetitive after that and I lose my desire to finish it.
Kyo
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Motto: time5bed

Post by Kyo »

^I'm pretty sure he was talking about SA1; where every character DOES play a level that other characters play.
Siggy-sig
siggy
Pulsar24
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Pulsar24 »

I enjoyed the gameplay mechanics of Heroes for the most part, and it had some of the best music I've ever heard in a Sonic game (Grand Metropolis, Power Plant, the emerald chase stages, and Egg Fleet in particular), but some of the voice acting was cringe-worthy. (Most of it wasn't too bad, but Team Sonic and Charmy Bee in particular...)

I swear I threw up in my mouth a little the first time Sonic said his "Let's show him the real power of teamwork!" line.
Marnex
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Post by Marnex »

Kyo wrote:^I'm pretty sure he was talking about SA1; where every character DOES play a level that other characters play.
So then it's completely irrelevant, as Atomic Bat already pointed out, I don't consider SA1 the best. Besides that though, they're not even comparable. Each character in Adventure greatly differs in gameplay style from each other. And levels have some varieties in terms of objectives with different characters. For example, Big the Cat plays differently than Knuckles and has those fishing missions and Knuckles plays differently than E-102 Gamma and has those Master Emerald missions.
Kyo
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by Kyo »

^But when you have characters like Sonic and Tails, then gameplay for Tails might as well be "Do this part of Sonic's level, but get there before Sonic/Eggman." Yes, you can't compare Sonic's super fast gameplay to Big's fishing, but Sonic, Tails, and Amy can all be compared to each other; where Sonic plays through a level normally, I have already mentioned what Tails' levels are like, and Amy is also 'Do this part of a level, but avoid this enemy."

There's a reason why Tails, Amy and Big gameplay wasn't in SA2.
Siggy-sig
siggy
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

Avoiding an enemy significantly changes how the level plays out compared to Sonic's, though. I remember Amy solving puzzles to progress that Sonic could blast through more times than not. Tails' stages are races. That's enough to slightly change pacing.

I know Sonic Adventure 1's diversity is very limited, but I think the point is that Sonic Heroes does much less to create a feeling of difference between the game play of stories in comparison.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Marnex
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Post by Marnex »

I'm saying the level of offense is not the same. In SA you have a couple of characters that might have the same gameplay style with slightly different objectives, where in Sonic Heroes all of them play the same and have the same objective with one exception.

Atomic Bat gets it.
AwesomeChao
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by AwesomeChao »

Meh.

It was an okay game.

Team Dark's and Team Chaotix's levels were pretty good, though.

Shame TS/D/R played the same, though.
xxphoinexxx
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by xxphoinexxx »

I thought the game was OK but adventure in my eyes is the better. Maybe its just because I played it first or that heros is so repetative but either way they were both good games.
Jordano440
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Jordano440 »

I agree with most of the points made in this topic. Great game, can get repetitive though. And that team sonic voice acting :chaocry: I just with they had a chao garden :/
Thatd be so cool! a choice of 12 characters to raise chao with.
I shall bring you to your doom with the beauty of my new firework technique
FLAME FU!
Fairy-red
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Fairy-red »

Haven't tried it myself, but I really want to. I love the song "Sonic Heroes", I use it all the time in Brawl. o_o As for voices, it's why the Japanese language option exists. Use it. You'll never hear the god-awful dub again.
Kyo
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by Kyo »

^I don't recall there being an option to change the voice acting to Japanese in Sonic Heroes.
Siggy-sig
siggy
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

^I think switching voice language might have been limited to PS2, Xbox, and PC versions on account of Gamecube discs being limited to 1.5GB(whereas standard DVD goes upto 8.5GB).
The Shadic Chao
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao
Motto: If you've been stabbed, then someone probably hates you
Location: In the chao garden, stopping my baby chao from going in the water

Post by The Shadic Chao »

-bump, sorry XD-
Citrus_Chao wrote:I managed to finally beat Team Rose's story as well. I'm stuck on all the other stories, though. ._.
teh steamz
LEVEL 42 FISH: im not fish my name is russel jimmies
Crash the Spooky Scary Skeleton: are you a monkey by any chance?
LEVEL 42 FISH: no i am a fish