I'm Confused.

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Rhys Coker (SB)
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

I'm Confused.

Post by Rhys Coker (SB) »

Sonic '06. Silver's ending. Blaze sacrificed herself to help the future. And reappears in Generations. Please explain. I'm confused.
Rhys Coker (SB) wrote:Goku then teleports us to the Great Wall of China, where we meet up with Knux, who we learn is dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts as he jumps straight into a tornado.
supersilvedahedgehog
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Re: I'm Confused.

Post by supersilvedahedgehog »

sega forgot lol
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

In the end of Sonic 06, Sonic and Elise go back in time to stop Mephiles from ever being created, therefore stopping all of the events of Sonic 06. So Blaze lives!
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Rhys Coker (SB)
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by Rhys Coker (SB) »

Oh! I forgot about that! Thanx!
Rhys Coker (SB) wrote:Goku then teleports us to the Great Wall of China, where we meet up with Knux, who we learn is dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts as he jumps straight into a tornado.
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

No probs! :')
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

Though there ARE problems with that. They stopped Mephiles, ergo the bad future doesn't happen and there's no need for Blaze and Silver to go back in time. So that Blaze doesn't meet Sonic and the gang.

The Blaze that DOES meet Sonic is the one from the Alternate Dimension. That's the one I thought was at the party. Though I remember a dialogue in the game implying she knows the level from 06. So... hop on board the confusion train.

Though, AtomicBat pointed out that the end of 06 hints that memories could be retained on some level sooooo... I guess that helps something.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

The moral of the story is, SEGA messed up sonic plots way back in 06, and so anything related to that should be discounted for.

Funky stuff:
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by PinkIceFox »

Sonic plots? It was one game that didn't really relate to the others at all. It was its own plot. It didn't mess up any of the already accepted plot points in any way. And technically, even if it had, it still couldn't.

It just teeters over the edge of "Did anything here really happen or not?" since the game wipes itself out of the timeline after they end Mephiles. Since the ending apparently could hint at the characters involved having vague or ghost 'memories' of the events, that means that the game still technically happened, but any plot changes that had happened in it are gone now since anything they would have changed/screwed up no longer occurs.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

What I meant by plots was the whole thing concerning Blaze and Silver, and as you said, whether it happened or not :')

Funky stuff:
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by PinkIceFox »

AtomicBat pointed something interesting out to me that he found on the Sonic News Network Wiki on Eggman Nega's Page:
While initially introduced as Dr. Eggman's alternate reality counterpart from the Sol Dimension in the Sonic Rush titles, Eggman Nega later revealed himself in the Sonic Rivals titles to actually be a descendant of Dr. Eggman from approximately 200 years into the future.
Since Silver and Blaze are both enemies of Eggman Nega, it could be possible that the Silver and Blaze from the bad future of 06 are simply alternate timeline versions of the Silver and Blaze from Eggman Nega's time.

Basically how I'm viewing it now is: they were from the bad future caused by Mephiles. Bad future got prevented so new 'good' future happens and Nega, Alt Blaze and Alt Silver exist.
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

Tbh, I think I'll just bamboozle myself if I start trying to form an opinion on all that. I think I'll just enjoy sonic games without being bothered by it. Not that I even play modern sonic games :P

Funky stuff: