Sonic XTreme Project!

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!

Do you think I can do it?

Yes
39%
No
61%

Total votes: 18

Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Re: Sonic XTreme Project!

Post by Snowy »

Seriously though, Why?
Last edited by Snowy on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

There's a curse?

Well, I think that if he wants to do it he should so it, I'm not forcing him to do it, so if he gets sick or doesn't want to do it, he can stop.

And You can't exactly go off and Say it'll be the worst, he hasn't even finished yet. ( I dunno if he will either, but...)
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

Well. If SEGA didn't do it, how will he do it?
Besides, the original gameplay of it sucked.
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

er yeah..after thinking it over my opinion has changed and I have since edited my post. I don't want anyone to mess with that game.
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

Huzzah.
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

Well, If he still has the guts to do it, I'm still supporting him.

( Don't rage on meh.)
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

ShadriaFan wrote:don't do it. please just don't. It was cancelled for a reason.
Exactly this.

Fiery, of all the infinite possibilities for games out there, why choose to remake Sonc X-treme? What made you think people wanted this (at least on here)? With that coding skill you could easily make an original game that you can truly call your own.

If you want to go for it then who am I to stop you, but I am curious as to your decisions.
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

^Those reasons being that SoJ wanted nothing to do with the project(including Yuji Naka refusing to allow the use of the NiGHTs engine), and the people working on it from SoA burning themselves out.

That said, building anything resembling a proper Saturn-era game from a recovered Tech Demo source is the kind of thing that would rocket one to Rockstar status within the Sonic Hacking Community, but is probably too ambitious a project unless those attempting it already have experience in building a full game using an existing production engine or writing a full-game from scratch.

Also, as a general rule, you should have something to show for your efforts before announcing that you are working on a project, especially for something this ambitious.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Honestly, I had no idea a game called Sonic XTreme was an attempted game. However, to fieryquantum, I agree with Mewtamer in part, you may want to focus your efforts elsewhere. If you are certain you want to do this, then good luck.

Everyone else, stop pestering him. You are getting ridiculous. Basic social rules here: don't pester, ask politely, patience. 1st grade stuff.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

it just screams fake mamkute, especially seeing how you have no idea about the game

how is it possible that modders such as the ones that have ported unleashed to generations including it's gia, or the teams that make a-grade sonic fangames that easily compare and could almost be better then the first 5 sonic games, never managed to get the code?

yet some 15 year old on a chao website who is grounded from steam/skype etc., who claims that his print screen doesn't work, has no idea how to upload screenshots, and even posted a phishing link here, did??
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

So what if this is fake? Then nothing will get posted, everyone will move on, and hardly remember this. Alternatively, if this is real, then people can support and give ideas, as requested in the original post.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Crash32 »

go research the game
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

@Snowy: To my knowledge, no playable demos have ever been leaked to the general public, so I fail to see how any judgment could be made on the quality of xtreme's gameplay. And even if your statement was accurate, there is nothing stopping a sufficiently skilled team from fixing that.

@Whoever said such a project is doomed because Sega couldn't do it: Hackers have time-and-time again accomplished things that Sega gave up on, often within the same technical confines that Sega had to work with. Locking on Sonic 1 to Sonic and Knuckles gives you the massive version of Bluesphere instead of Knuckles in Sonic 1 because Sega gave up on trying to put Knuckles in Sonic 1 without it messing up the level pallettes, yet not only have hackers succeeded at making Knuckles in Sonic 1, but countless other hacks that put characters other than Sonic in Sonic 1, often with unique movesets, and someone even managed to apply the Heroes concept to a combined version of Sonic 1&2, all within the confines of the Genesis. And then we have Sonic 3 Complete, considered by most to be the definitive version of S3 and far surpassing any port Sega has produced. If the xtreme source code got leaked to the hacking community along with all of the assets that were created prior to its cancellation, I don't doubt that someone could turn it into something of worth, even if the end product's only merit was the novelty of being a reconstructed cancelled game.

@Crash32: I will admit, the evidence does suggest a strong possibility that the kid is just lying in an attempt to garner attention, in which case, the negativity of you and others is giving him exactly what he wants, but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Afterall, I am sure this wouldn't be the first time someone unknown made a significant find and was reluctant to share it publically or was simply incompetent at how to best go about sharing it. And for what its worth, despite being a Computer Programming major, I find it a royal pain in the ass to find a place to host files when wanting to post content to forums that lack attachments, and I couldn't keep a Windows PC in working order to save my life.
DokiDoki288
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by DokiDoki288 »

What exactly IS Sonic-Xtreme? I keep hearing its dangerous and things like that, but what is it? It sounds like it has a 'curse' on it, sorta like the Tails Doll myth. But whats the story behind it?
"Those that abandon their mission are trash, but those that abandon their friends are worse then trash"
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
fieryQuantum
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Happiness and muffins. But mostly muffins.

Post by fieryQuantum »

Mkay, I can't even turn on my PC, so I'll be coding from my dad's PC and updating here via my Wii, as I did for my last post. I'm gonna kill myself doing this, but it WILL get done... No curse will stop me!!
My Nintendo Network ID for Wii U/3DS: fQuantum
My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/supermarioman11/
My Skype: cameron.dilbeck
My twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/supermarioman11
My 3DS friend code: 3265-63962357
(15:55:08) fieryQuantum: I was literally freaking out to the point where I almost had a heart attack and died right there, which would have been beyond ironic.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Crash32 »

so why can't you
you said you have a windows 8 PC with an imgur account so you would show us proof
??
DokiDoki288
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by DokiDoki288 »

Sounds like it could take maybe two years! The complexity, the diffrant character gameplay, and the 3-D designs all would take awhile. I believe it could be done, but here is some advice:
Don't let stress get to you! Take a break every now and then!
"Those that abandon their mission are trash, but those that abandon their friends are worse then trash"
fieryQuantum
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by fieryQuantum »

Crash32 wrote:so why can't you
you said you have a windows 8 PC with an imgur account so you would show us proof
??
Working on it, though nothing remotely interesting will be seen, it doesn't execute properly atm because I have to rewrite a bit of source code so the game can run models for levels. This is where the thread comes in.

I reeeeeaally need level designs and ideas, I want this project made with everyone's ideas implemented in some way, shape, or form.
(15:55:08) fieryQuantum: I was literally freaking out to the point where I almost had a heart attack and died right there, which would have been beyond ironic.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

sonicboom435
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by sonicboom435 »

chaosnachochao wrote:I think anything can be accomplished if you put all your effort into it. If you really want it, Give it your all and achieve it. ;3
This was a ray of sunshine in this freakish mess.
Yukki wrote:I think SB 435 is awesome and his friendliness shoots me down every time with pure epicness.
May he always be my Favorite CI user :3
fieryQuantum
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by fieryQuantum »

SnowyTheHedgehog wrote:Image
I don't have the model/mapping for the levels that they had in the dev version, just the tech demo, consisting of Sonic on a bumpy 3D plane of grass and an occasional stream of water, with rings, but this no longer loads(i changed the readable models to .3dm, .mdl, .x files), so I need ORRIGINAL ideas for levels.
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

at this point there's almost no way this is true
sonicboom435
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by sonicboom435 »

fieryQuantum wrote:
SnowyTheHedgehog wrote:Image
I don't have the model/mapping for the levels that they had in the dev version, just the tech demo, consisting of Sonic on a bumpy 3D plane of grass and an occasional stream of water, with rings, but this no longer loads(i changed the readable models to .3dm, .mdl, .x files), so I need ORRIGINAL ideas for levels.
Hold on, Isn't this version of the game available online anyways?
Yukki wrote:I think SB 435 is awesome and his friendliness shoots me down every time with pure epicness.
May he always be my Favorite CI user :3
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Crash32 »

^yep, it is
yep, that was directed at both sonicboom and ultimate