Sonic Adventure 3 Essentials

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Perfect Chaos
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: The future is not written.

Sonic Adventure 3 Essentials

Post by Perfect Chaos »

If Sonic Team were to make another Sonic Adventure game what do you think the essentials would be?

Me, Personally I would think the absolute essentials would be
1.Chao Garden
2.Chao in Space IIII poster
3.Two new characters
"The servers are the seven Chaos, chaos is power, power enriched by the heart, the controller is the one that unifies the Chaos."-Tikal, Sonic Adventure
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Re: Sonic Adventure 3 Essentials

Post by Ivogoji »

I'll be honest, if they didn't have City Escape-style posters in atleast one stage, I'd be pretty disappointed.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

SA3 was in development
it was canceled when the dreamcast was discontinued
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

^Doesn't stop Sonic Team from calling a future game Sonic Adventure 3, though I think they would be stupid to do so.

If Sonic Team was to make a another game in the Adventure style, I would say the essential components would be:
-Multiple playable characters.
-At least three completely distinct styles of gameplay.

Also, Sonic 06 was SA3 in all but name, and the inclusion of Chao is not essential to the Adventure formula, nor is another Adventure-style game necessary for the unlikely return of the Chao Gardens.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote: Also, Sonic 06 was SA3 in all but name,
As was Sonic Unleashed, AKA Sonic World Adventure.

The only requirements I'd like are a good multiplayer, no Emerald Hunting stages, and Metal Sonic as a playable character in some way, shape, or form.
Last edited by Rajikaru on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

Rush? Don't you mean Unleashed?

Also Crash I want a source for that.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 155582.jpg
From "The History of Sonic the Hedgehog" Pix N Love, 2012
the best sonic history/fact book there is, the first few chapters are about sega and have these interviews with people important to the creation of sonic and stuff
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Skyralie wrote:Rush? Don't you mean Unleashed?

Also Crash I want a source for that.
Yeah, blame not sleeping the entire night on that mistake
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

Yes, yes. They were going to make a SA3 and scrapped the idea. Just because an idea is put down once, does not mean it's not going to be ever looked at again. Also, there is no game called Sonic Adventure 3 so, regardless of any other game being 'Sonic Adventure 3 in everything but name', the possibility of a game titled Sonic Adventure 3 is not impossible. Even though highly improbable, just use your imaginations and have fun.

If there were to be a game made in the future named "Sonic Adventure 3" I would like any number of the following:

-Play as Knuckles. Even if you hate the 'find the master emerald pieces' formula, I at least want him to do something besides run really fast. He can find something else besides master emerald pieces. He doesn't have to break the master emerald in every game. In fact. Knuckles? You've got a good record of not breaking your shiny rock so far. Let's keep it that way.
-Play as Rouge. She could have spy-type/thief missions where she has to sneak through a level without being detected. On the topic of sneaking missions, if Rouge isn't good enough...
-Play as Espio. He's an ninja. Give him a ninja sneak mission.
-Chao Gardens. I will never not want pet simulators everybody shush.
-Moar Small Animals. Especially cats. Need more cats. Need all the cats.
-A stage or two that takes place in an overgrown tropical rainforest. That you play through as a character like Knuckles or Rouge where the point is not to run through the level really fast. Why make nice looking levels if you don't get to look at them? |: I know we've had them before but forest levels are pretty and awesome and plants.
-Nack. Nack Nack Nack Nack Nack Nack. Nack Nack Nack. Nack.
-Eggman to actually be the villain of a Sonic Adventure game.
-ALL THE CHARACTERS! Not all of them need to be playable but. JUST ALL TEH CHARACTERS. Except people from other times/dimensions/one shots. I like the idea of the threat only being Eggman and his robots and not some kind of other worldly creature he discovers/angers.
-Big Fishing Minigame you can unlock. Not part of the main story. Too much derp backlash otherwise.
-No Amy/Sonic, Knuckles/Rouge, Rouge/Shadow ship teases. Sonic is not a romance story Sega you can't write good plot don't even try to do shipping, man.
-If humans are in the game, I want them involved in plot. Just no shipping, Sega.
-Marble Zone music remix in a level styled like Marble Zone. In fact, maybe a few other levels reminiscent of already used Sonic levels. The games take place in the same world, we can see some old places on occasion.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

PinkIceFox's ideas sound great for future Sonic games in general.
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

So what if they made Knuckles levels beat-em-up/brawler style? He could still search for emeralds/stuff but it'd be more lonear and revolve more around his strength and fighting off epic foes and stuff. Idk. That would certainy being things more up to dye and I imagine it could be quite fun should the levels and ememies be interesting.

Then Sonic could have his crazy high-speed stuff from really modern sonic games, accept with it being a little slower and having a little more exploration for chao animals. Tails could have a game mode which is more puzzle based, like solving puzzles in Zelda but with less elf boy and more robot building.

I don't know which other characters I'd like but, like Pink, I want all of the characters. Sonic has always been about the multitude of characters to me (despite poor writing) and so bringing them all together would be great.
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

Why not connect the Sonic Adventure Series with Sonic Heroes?
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

PinkIceFox wrote: -Moar Small Animals. Especially cats. Need more cats. Need all the cats.
I would have thought that you would want a fox small animal :I
-more than just Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Shadow, Rouge...add in more characters that we haven't seen for a long time..like Bean, Bark, Nack, and Ray. :3
-different gaming styles for each (or most) characters. I can see Bark and Knuckles having beat-em up style playing, Nack and possibly Eggman having shoot-em ups, Bean using bombs to get somewhere, Tails having aerial fights on the Blue Tornado, Rouge having spy levels, Amy with her suspense-full 'being chased by something dangerous' levels, Shadow and Sonic with their high speed levels, ect.
-Chao Gardens. yes please.
-more small animals
-more chao colors
-maybe chao dress up more than hats
-Eggman being a bad guy and not releasing something that turns against him.
-great level design and music.
-Emerald challenges like we had in the Xbox360 version of Generations. Mid-boss battles in a way.
-good voice acting
-no shipping please
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

I haven't played Unleashed, but I am willing to bet they the night levels would have been better recieved had they been played using Knuckles instead of the Werehog.

So yeah, +1ing the idea of Knuckles in Beat
em up style stages.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

the night areas werent well received because of their horrid controls and how just plain bad they were

i dont think knuckles couldve made them any better, i played the wii version and the night missions were basically "slow platforming with punching a bunch of bad guys"
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by PinkIceFox »

ShadriaFan wrote: I would have thought that you would want a fox small animal :I
Dats racist. D: I like kitties too. But uh... a fox DOES sound freaking amazing so that too.

I'd love to see Bark, Bean, and Mighty again. I never played a game with them in it! And I love the number of Sonic characters there are already. SEGA USE THEM. BUT USE NACK FIRST!
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

D: sworry.
I've played Sonic the Fighters on Sonic Gems so I've played as Bark and Bean and Nack. I preferred Nack out of the 3.
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Nack is a pretty damn cool character, him returning (hopefully with a similar design to his original) would be rad
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

A bit far-fetched this one, but you could have a raid like thing involving Bean, Nack, Bark and Rouge as they try to rob/do spy like things in different places. You'd swap between the four characters for different parts of the raid, so for example, Rouge could do all of the sweet talking and stuff and then stealth, Bark could act as a bouncer/shield for somebody, Bean could (seeing as his character was basically "he plants bombs" as far as I know) do more tech related stuff and then Nack could rush in guns blazes with lasers and stuff. So basically they could have a whole mission impossible thing going on. This is a little silly but oh well.
Last edited by SkyGinge on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by PinkIceFox »

No Lasers.

I always picture Nack as an old-fashioned revolver kind of man. ♥
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

So did I, but to keep the age ratings down they'd have to use lasers. Lest we make a hardcore sonic game with BLOOD and DEATH and MURDERING!!!

Although I suppose they'd mainly be raiding robotic related Eggman stuff anyway so I suppose proper guns would be fine?

Funky stuff:
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

@Sky: So essentially, Sly Cooper, Murray, Bentley, and Carmelita Fox, because you just described Sly 4's core mechanics. Not saying that is a bad thing, but Sonic Team would need considerable polish to top a much more consistent and seamless series. But that gets me thinking.

The Sly Cooper series has far outdone the varied play-styles formula the Adventure series brought to the table , and I would seriously advise Sonic Team to take a look at 3 and especially Thieves in Time for an example of a game with different, polished, and fully realized playing styles with some degree of focus. Basically, there should be a handful of different playing styles, but they should not be so drastically different that they become mini-games in comparison (E-101), aren't nuanced or lack depth (Knuckles), or are not fully realized (Tails circa SA1). Eggman/Tails in SA2 is the standard to be followed, where there is still the idea of constant progression or accomplishing a goal with unique abilities, but is not so niche that it becomes a gimmick and game padding.

The easiest way to do this would be to
SnowyTimeHero wrote:connect the Sonic Adventure Series with Sonic Heroes
and rather then having the team's characters work in tandem, the game could consider a zone a chain of three levels, each completed by one character with their abilities, however; it isn't a lot to ask to give characters fully realized solo stories, because I've seen it done properly.

Here are some play styles that I would propose; for all intents and purposes, consider that plausibility is inconsequential as I am not arguing that any of the following is plausible, should all be present, or makes for a focused game. In fact, too much diversity would indeed make for an unfocused experience.

Sonic: I would not change his mechanics as Lost World has repaired his semi-truck control scheme with a parkour system and boost system based upon strategy rather than on-rails. I am content.

Rouge: Approach her like you would a stealth game in the sense you'll require stealth take-downs, sneaking, hacking etc. I'm thinking like Dishonored or Deus Ex: HR, but more appropriate to Sonic media.

Nack: Just make him a wild ride of quirky (and using quirky, Ratchet and Clan-esque weapons to boot) FPS, TPS, on-rail, sniping and run and gun action appropriate for the rating and world with light platforming, of course. It would be a relaxing, fun break from more precision based playing styles. He pretty much is the family-friendly Deadpool of Sonic, besides.

I would like to note that by no means am I demanding Sega go back to Adventure--I prefer Generations onward--but just brainstorming hypothetical situations and such.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by PinkIceFox »

^I love you, hunny.

;-; I want Nack to be my cowboy.

Pink you're getting into dangerous territory here. Back up. BACK UP.

I REGRET NOTHING!
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

@Batty
Jeff also had similar ideas as yours, in this topic
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

SkyGinge wrote:A bit far-fetched this one, but you could have a raid like thing involving Bean, Nack, Bark and Rogue as they try to rob/do spy like things in different places. You'd swap between the four characters for different parts of the raid, so for example, Rogue could do all of the sweet talking and stuff and then stealth, Bark could act as a bouncer/shield for somebody, Bean could (seeing as his character was basically "he plants bombs" as far as I know) do more tech related stuff and then Nack could rush in guns blazes with lasers and stuff. So basically they could have a whole mission impossible thing going on. This is a little silly but oh well.
IT'S ROUGE

ROUGE ROUGE ROUGE

augh that typo upsets me so much for some reason
Last edited by Rajikaru on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.