Carnival Nightmare Zone

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!
Warning! This topic is 15 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Cyclone
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Carnival Nightmare Zone

Post by Cyclone »

Dispite how corny that pun in the tittle was, it took me a while to think up. SO YOU BETTER FIND IT FUNNY!! :darksuprise:
Anyway, this is more of a question for the retro Sonic gamers, and I know there anr't many, it's mostly 3D Sonic fans here, but what ever.
My question to you is, how many of you out there had such a hard freking time on that spinning pillar puzzle in Carnival Night Zone from Sonic 3?
Even after all these years(I think it's been about seven) I still don't get how to get past it.
I mean I can get past it with Knuckles, no problems, just breeze right through it. But, with anything eles, It's just impossible, I can't do it.
I was just wonder if anyone else here has anythoughts on the puzzel, if they had a hard time on it as I did, or if you could please tell me how to get past that god forsaken puzzle, it would be aprecialed.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Haha, I vaguely remember that. It wasn't that difficult though. Does this help at all?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 228AAinge0
Cyclone
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Cyclone »

Oh. My. God...It worked!
Thanks for the link!
But, I'm kinda mad that SEGA would assume I could figure that out for myself. I mean the fact that it makes abosolutly no sense and doesn't give any indication on what youre supposed to do there and just makes you look like an idiot standing there, jumping around for like a half hour trying to figure out what the hell your supposed to do before you decided enough is a enough and just turn the damn thing off. especially from the prespective from like an 8 year old.
I mean c'mon. :no:
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

this has given me the urge to go play it now
:walk:

EDIT: i just understood the pun in the title

hahaa :cool: *donates points*
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
Cyclone
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Cyclone »

You defintly should play it again, Its one of my favourite Sonic games
And of course, thank you for the points! :chaohappy:
NovaMan XP
Egg
Egg

Post by NovaMan XP »

As a kid that Carnival Night Act 2 spinning pillar thing stopped me from going on for months.

Then one day I decided to move up and down for NO reason, and it worked. I was completely amazed by how simple it was.

Now in the Mega Collection in says in the manual: "Press Up and Down in the Carnival Night Zone to move them" or something like that.
Cyclone
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Cyclone »

NovaMan XP wrote:As a kid that Carnival Night Act 2 spinning pillar thing stopped me from going on for months.

Then one day I decided to move up and down for NO reason, and it worked. I was completely amazed by how simple it was.

Now in the Mega Collection in says in the manual: "Press Up and Down in the Carnival Night Zone to move them" or something like that.
Really, it says that in the manual?
lol, I guess SEGA didn't want to haunt the lives of another generation of Sonic gamers :P
Bahmut Zero
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Bahmut Zero »

I never had trouble with them. Although, I did make one go as high as possible cuz I thought there must be some sort of secret up there, so I kept trying until I hit the ceiling & died. A whole lot of time & effort for nothing, lol.