How to get a girl/guy to like you!

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

How to get a girl/guy to like you!

Post by Snowy »

Discuss
RinaLin
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Motto: All Toasters Toast Toast

Re: How to get a girl/guy to like you!

Post by RinaLin »

I think this topic is awkward
~Chocolini The Chocolate Pasta~
"Cause it's easy to ignore, till the walls around you shatter. Nothing seems to matter anymore..."
Wacky the Taccoon
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by Wacky the Taccoon »

Well if you're trying to get them to like you it probably means you're attempting to do things you wouldn't normally do in order to gain their attention. Then because you did those things, that you wouldn't do, you're not really being yourself, you're being someone else that you think they will like. This is because if you have to make them like you it means they didn't actually like you for you. So even in the case that something you do actually causes them to like you then they'd like the other you that isn't really you. Therefore there isn't anyway to make someone like you?

But seriously, you can't make someone like you. Just try to be nice and be yourself, and don't go around looking for relationships everywhere you go.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

Wacky the Taccoon wrote:Well if you're trying to get them to like you it probably means you're attempting to do things you wouldn't normally do in order to gain their attention. Then because you did those things, that you wouldn't do, you're not really being yourself, you're being someone else that you think they will like. This is because if you have to make them like you it means they didn't actually like you for you. So even in the case that something you do actually causes them to like you then they'd like the other you that isn't really you. Therefore there isn't anyway to make someone like you?

But seriously, you can't make someone like you. Just try to be nice and be yourself, and don't go around looking for relationships everywhere you go.
What this person said....
ZeroAlpha
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: ⍟ Prince Dignity ⍟

Post by ZeroAlpha »

I'd have to agree; simply being yourself is the likely way to attract someone to you who likes you for who you are.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Lavish gifts and attention.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

You should get to know them better first, act friendly and nice to them, and try to make them laugh, and become friends (or if you are friends, better friends) and from there, try and do things together, without other people, just you and her/him, and see where it goes from there.

Being yourself is one thing, but how you look and act are also big factors.

Also, I've been told by 3 people that my relationship advice is good, but I'm not sure.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

This always works.

Oh right, I'm the serious and articulate guy. You shouldn't think in terms of "how do I get X partner." Be yourself, support them, and involve yourself in their lives. And then if they're interested in you, eventually it will show. If it doesn't, you unfortunately have to move on. And that's one of the hardest things for adolescents to do, especially.

Edit: retro beat me.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
wic.
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Post by wic. »

1. Squawk at desired mate.
2. Pelvic thrust once in every cardinal direction.
3. Perform mating dance.
4. Tackle desired mate.
5. ???
6. Profit
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

Be nice to her,be yourself and hope she likes you back!:3
Nintendawg
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "With a big enough lever, I can move the world."
Location: My soul's in the 7th dimension, but my body is in Southern California.

Post by Nintendawg »

Basics are kindness, being supportive, and being there for them a lot.
Many things are variables, depending on the guy/girl. Try and figure out what they want in a guy/girl, if you don't have it then don't bother. If you do, try to show it to them without signaling "Hey I'm doing this so you'll like me." Be yourself is the best advice as always. But he/she may not make a move. If you have to make a move, start off by slightly hinting them. Depending on the person, they may/may not like flirting. Depending on you, you may/may not be good at it. Make sure you get quality alone time with them every now and then. Make them feel special. Make sure that they trust you. People like to be with people they feel they can trust and rely on. It isn't all about them though, it also depends on how you deal with the world. If he/she sees that you are mean, snappy, or moody to most others without good reason, they may like you less. If you get bad grades or constantly don't do work, they'll see you as lazy or irresponsible and may like you less.

Be yourself, present yourself, get close to them, make a move, and hope for the best.
Text my cell phone: 661-874-7568
Dropped by on March 21st, 2017 for nonstalgia's sake lmao.
Visited again on March 25th, 2021. Old friends...hope you are well.
Once more stopping by on January 17th, 2022.
Another visit on October 8th, 2023!
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

Just be yourself, and er...this is sorta difficult, even though I have a boyfriend myself. Me and my boyfriend first were good friends, bonding over our love for Pokemon, art, and Yu-Gi-Oh. Over the months of freshman year we bonded more, opening up to trying other things that the other liked and we never really understood. My boyfriend got me into doing some Yugioh duels and has made me curious on Minecraft (although I can't play it because of the fact you have to pay to play); while I got him to be neutral/liking on MLP (our brony friends helped on that too), and he is so-so with anime (he never really stayed up that late to watch anime...). At the end of that school year we were boyfriend and girlfriend, but we were just too shy to admit-the next year would be the year that it would be offical. But yeah, be yourself, be open to new ideas, and allow the other to have space when they need it and closeness when they need it too.
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Tri
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: Love your enemy, even if they're jerks.

Post by Tri »

This might sound silly, being twelve and all.

First of all, try to find interests you both have. Get in a group, play video games. That kind of thing. Talk to them as friends; don't rush in and make a move. It'll probably scare them off. After a while of bonding and fun, slowly hint that you have feelings. Don't go overboard with it. If you're not good with that kind of thing, go ahead and tell them. They may react in the way you wanted, but if they don't, stick to being friends. Neglecting them will not help if you're thinking of taking another shot. Try not to though. He/she may come around in time.

If you're already in a relationship with someone, some tips to help you. Support them, make them laugh. Continue to enjoy common interests. You always want to be yourself. If you're in a relationship and acting fake, you're not really a boyfriend/girlfriend are you? If you like something that they're not really into, you can tell them. It never hurts to tell the truth. Speaking of that, you have to trust them. Also, never ever cheat. Worst mistake, probably the last one you'll make with them. Other than the big things, give them space and comfort. Not much else I can offer to you guys. Just use the tools you have and hope for the best!
This is a REALLY old avatar, so thanks to SonicRainboom!

I finally got a deviantart! Only one drawing now, but check it out!
Coty
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Coty »

It depends, if your a guy, your only chance is to act like an idiot and pray.

If your a girl, your pretty much already set.

Just my observation. Pay no attention to this.
TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN! ☕︎
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

If you are looking for a genuine, meaningful romantic relationship, my recommendation is to be yourself, socialize with those you naturally gravitate towards, and let friendship naturally grow into love.

If you just want a superficial fling, I have no advice, and honestly, I do not consider such relationships worth pursueing.
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

:3 Couldn't have said it better myself Jeffery!
I wholeheartedly agree~
If you ever need to talk, vent, or just want advice, you can always message me!
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by Tsui »

Not being a jerk seems to generally increase the chances of people liking you.

Unless you're in middle school. Then you're on your own.
skwid79
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by skwid79 »

One word, Handcuffs.
Message me on Discord if you so please at skwid79#4016
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

Just be yourself. x3 If socializing is hard for you, do what I do, meet girls on facebook through friends, talk to them and meet up :)
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Midnite
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: ミ☆

Post by Midnite »

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:If you are looking for a genuine, meaningful romantic relationship, my recommendation is to be yourself, socialize with those you naturally gravitate towards, and let friendship naturally grow into love.

If you just want a superficial fling, I have no advice, and honestly, I do not consider such relationships worth pursueing.
This, very much this. I got my girlfriend by simply being myself, and I didn't even have any interest in love at all before I met her. We took a couple years of talking on Serebii/Skype and overall getting to know each other before we made it official.

Rushing straight into the relationship phase is bound to screw things up. Get to know each other for a while.
- space for rent -
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

be aubrey plaza
eboy's seme
misty
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by misty »

I'm sure it's said before, but if you want someone to love you forever (they say it's forever anyway..), be yourself. If they don't like you for you, they're not worth it anyway. Because I'm sure everyone reading this is worth the best. :3
Cheese! <3
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

guys i'm pretty sure 'being yourself' is completely invalid advice because everyone in the world has already said it.
not directed at anyone, just kinda
putting that out there.
eboy's seme
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

I've been being myself every day for ten years and I'm still as single now as I was at eight.

And 'socialize' would fall somewhere outside being myself. I gravtiate away from other people.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD