Man of Steel

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Corvo
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Man of Steel

Post by Corvo »

Spoiler:
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVu3gS7iJu4
Zod Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlOF03DUoWc

Man of Steel is an upcoming Superman movie. I am hyped for it. Faora is probably going to be waifu of the month.

Discuss.
Corvo
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Re: Man of Steel

Post by Corvo »

Hey.

I saw this today in 3D.

It was amazing. I was correct on Faora being waifu of the month.

The 3D glasses came in man of steel plastic and the glasses themselves were blue with the superman symbol.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

Superman is small time.

I'm still going to watch it though.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

I watched this today.

Overall, it was a nice attempt to depart from the generic "superhero" genre. But it was all too serious.
Fandral
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by Fandral »

Yeah, how dare they make a superhero movie in which hundreds of civilians die serious.

The movie was ****ing great.
I've enjoyed most of the time I've spent here, I hope my actions have not ruined such an experience for anyone else.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

^
Movies need to at least have a whole scene of just stuff that'll make you smile. When that lady towards the end said "I think he's kinda hot", everyone burst out laughing because the whole movie was all too serious.

And don't get me started on how the movie started with Mrs. El giving birth to Kal-El.
Linds 269
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Linds 269 »

I frickin loved this movie. Henry Cavill is beautiful. That MOVIE was beautiful.
(19:42:34) chaosulitmaster: I find it so creppy that with a IP adress, you can find yuor hoes within a 15-20 mile radius. >.>
(18:57:45) Omelet: I AM INSERTING IT (13:17:50) Omelet: I DID INSERT IT
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

@eboy: No they don't. I don't think you understand how context works, because it's basic writing not to disrupt a serious context with humor. Any modicum of research on this movie or the modern Superman mythos would have indicated that you would not be watching something silly. There is such a thing as source material integrity. Be careful not to confuse your movie preferences with actual screenplay techniques.

On-topic: I haven't seen this yet, but the critical response has been overwhelmingly positive, so it's definitely one of my near-future goals.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

eboy has flawed screenplay ideas, nothing out of the ordinary

I saw this on the 14th around 9 AM and even though it wasn't 3D I still loved the movie, my only complaints are that there wasn't much character development aside from Superman himself (which is a common problem in most movies because of the time limit) and that the movie itself was too short (contrary to a lot of other people in my school that watched it who thought it was too long)

However I completely loved the movie otherwise, 9/10 from me

If there is a Man of Steel sequel I will probably see it if I can
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Gondi
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Gondi »

My main problem with the film was how fast he adopted the suit, but that's just a nitpick really so it was a really great film. The action scenes were so amazing, especially that last fight.
Something funny was how throughout all the movie he didn't have the superman disguise with the glasses and gelled hair and my friend pointed out how amazing that was, then in the final scene you could see him and the suit putting on glasses so my friend just sighed. That made me burst out laughing.
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Post by Dr. Roivas »

something thatll let nick use the image he was just talking about
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
Corvo
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Corvo »

image that nick was talking about
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

I enjoyed it. I am not much of a fan of Superman, but I came in knowing that those to make it good would be a team similarly comprised of the Dark Knight series team.

As it was already said, character development was lacking, aside from Clark (I enjoyed the depiction of him as a scared child obtaining his powers.) By the end, there were far too many explosions. Action is fine, but 10+ minute scenes of action with minimal interruption is not my cup of tea.

eboy, separate genres exist for a reason. This one (as well as many other, entirely succesful movies) was very much intended as a serious film, with alternate sequences for comedy with no plot/character development being infuriating.