Would you say you're happy right now?

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 4 days old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Would you say you're happy right now?

Post by Chao Professor »

Yes? No? Let's talk.
Image It's still thinking...
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Would you say you're happy right now?

Post by Mamkute »

I think things could be better. But I also think that I will always think that. And I kind of think it is somewhat of a good thing to always be aware of how things could be better, so long as I also take the time to enjoy what I have now. Probably the biggest thing bogging me down is my uncertainty with what I want out of life. I am thinking about going into teaching, but I am not sure if I am truly cut out for that, either. I am trying out substitute teaching now, to help decide.

What about you? Are you happy?
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by Tsui »

I don't feel particularly sad, just stressed and unmotivated. I feel more positively than negatively lately. I wouldn't call myself solidly happy at the time of writing this, but I know what makes me happy and I guess that counts for something. Also, the fact I now have goals in life to work toward and look forward to helps a lot.
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

The forums are gonna die in a couple months, so nah.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

I just made a big dinner and enjoyed eating it, so I'm in a pretty good mood right now.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Chao Professor

Post by Chao Professor »

That's cool to hear, Mamkute. I can definitely understand being uncertain about future career prospects and the like. For the longest time I thought performing arts was my calling, but I guess I've re-evaluated things since then and it no longer seems like the way to go. So I'm kinda stuck at square one again. As for my mood, things haven't been all that great recently. I'm getting through, I just wish I could be a little happier at times.

What Tsui wrote is pretty relatable, stress has been eating away at me for a while now. Makes me not wanna do anything at all. I think once I can get a grip on life and what I want to do with it, I'll be a lot more relaxed. I turn 17 in May, so I'm hoping to start my driving lessons this year! That's quite exciting, I'm looking forward to having more freedom.

And Ivo, what did you make?
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Last night I made cheeseburgers and garlic bread sticks, they came out good.

Today I think I'll make spinach bread.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Chao Professor

Post by Chao Professor »

Awesome, I'm having a cheeseburger right now. It's my comfort food.
Coty
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Coty »

I just woke up so... I'm extremely neutral.
TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN! ☕︎
Mephilesfan1
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: memento mori

Post by Mephilesfan1 »

i mean...yes and no? i am happy that i'm in college right now and working towards getting my AS degree as it will...give me a degree past high school. however i am very unhappy with the way my routine is other than that. i only have classes 2 days a week, monday and wednesday, 4 classes back to back. but i like how that works. it gives me a lot of time to do my homework before next class day. however that also gives me a lot of free time at home when i am not doing my homework. i mostly just watch youtube a lot of the time, as if it wasnt obvious. i have a hard time making friends and plans bc i never had that problem, bc my best friend lived right next door to me. i also have a lot of mental illnesses which does not help me make friends. after i moved states away, i have had a very hard time making friends and keeping them. im also scared of what im going to do after the 2 years of community college. i have no idea what im going to do. my moms upset with me because i dont know what i want to do. but i cant help it. i'm just.. i dont know. i dont know what im doing with my life.

i have lived in the current state i do, with almost no friends,for almost 2 years. i have almost no friends basically besides school friends. it sucks. it's lonely. however i have many, many online friends and a good community online. i like it. it's nice. but i hate not having any friends to watch streams with or play games with. i'm very happy with my boyfriend, i have been with him for 4 months and it is a ldr but we plan to meet sometime in may.

so i mean. yes and no. i am happy right now, but at the same time im not.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Post by ChillyChao »

I just finished writing a 2 page essay about Luges and now have the rest of the night to do whatever I want.
Yes, I am happy. :chaohappy:
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
ZipoCXG
Chao Artist
Chao Artist
Motto: Well have you had curry?

Post by ZipoCXG »

I actually did something somewhat productive last night, so I am at least content.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

I've always been a pretty happy guy. Nothing really phases me or makes me feel down. Sure, getting a horrible result on an exam can be a downer, but I say I've been happy for good 97% of my life, and that still remains today.

That being said, I have been depressed once in my life, and that was when I came to uni for the first time. My family had just left me alone in my uni dorm and I just felt awful. I didn't eat for 4 days, and just sort of sat around browsing stuff on my laptop. I eventually broke out of it when I met some great friends at uni a week later that made me want to stay there.

Overall, I never really feel down about stuff. I've yet to feel any real emotional pain, but I'm sure when that hits it'll be a killer. I do sometimes get bouts of just "what am I doing with my life" and "man, I really regret not doing more when I was a teenager" but I feel it's not healthy to think like that since before I know it I'll be 31, and saying "what am I doing with my life" and "man, I really regret not doing more when I was in my 20's".

My only real sad point of my life is that I'm not that social. I have a bunch of friends I talk to and live with, but outside of that, not much. It's not that easy to change as well, sure I could go to another society at my uni and make some friends, but it's hard to do that a few weeks in.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Enjoy your day ChillyChao!

Retro, I understand that feeling absolutely, about social behavior. I had a great set of friends at college, and I am not saying I need more friends, but there is the awareness that I could always have done just a bit more in my time that I otherwise spent doing pretty much nothing. And I still get weirded out thinking that I am out of college now, and have been for some months now. But I think, knowing myself and my own preference for introverted behavior, that it can be helpful to just cherish your down time as much, and do things that feel productive in some way, or just plain enjoyable. But that is just my unsolicited advice, which I am not even great at following.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

No, sadly.

My interests only overlap with very few people (and only specific areas) at school and in general, so I’m generally depressed about that.

It’s very hard to find people who do what you do when you don’t subscribe to “Popular Pop Culture Monthly” and watch the latest movies and play the newest PS4 games, and instead play games from 2001 hoping for 3 people to locally play PSO or Kirby Air Ride with (instead of the online game of the year, for system I don’t have, and don’t like anyways) and play card games that AREN’T Magic The Gathering.

This all basically leads to me preferring to just take the table in the corner, and sit there in all of my classes, if the option is available.

Oh. And my computer is broken.

On the other hand, I was reminded how much I liked the PSO shop and main area music by making this, so that’s nice.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: The day only gets worse when the sun sets at 3pm

Post by YuYuChaosho »

Hmmmm no, I am not happy becauseee...

Happiness is a fleeting feeling.

I’m more content than happy. Being happy happens within a moment that’s either followed by a another moment of good or bad fortune, turning that happy feeling into sadness, anger, ......whatever those other emotions areee(?)

But of-course this topic is about being happy right now
which I still say no to
because I just woke up.
xD I’m just sorta...here.
SEGA does what Nintendon’t
Vaporwave
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by Vaporwave »

no
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

chaoadventures, sounds like you have some weird hangup about new things for no reason

you're just gonna self impose isolation and it's not gonna get better when you do that, sorry. build a relationship with someone and then you can suggest those six games you play, trust me.

am i happy? im 25 and a woman that's unstable so.... nah lol
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Chao Professor

Post by Chao Professor »

chaoadventures wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:48 am
My interests only overlap with very few people (and only specific areas) at school and in general, so I’m generally depressed about that.

It’s very hard to find people who do what you do when you don’t subscribe to “Popular Pop Culture Monthly” and watch the latest movies and play the newest PS4 games, and instead play games from 2001 hoping for 3 people to locally play PSO or Kirby Air Ride with (instead of the online game of the year, for system I don’t have, and don’t like anyways) and play card games that AREN’T Magic The Gathering.

This all basically leads to me preferring to just take the table in the corner, and sit there in all of my classes, if the option is available.
Oh, gosh. This is insanely relatable. My local gaming club used to hold Pokemon card championships, which was great fun. Like, it was kinda pricey to keep a legal, updated deck going, but it was so great to actually sit face-to-face with people and play. I can't stand the online version. Nobody my age is really interested in keeping it original, though.

School is very much the same for me. It's difficult to find people who are into more retro consoles and titles. Sometimes I think I'm just too wrapped up in nostalgia to move forward and get into newer franchises, but I'm only likely to do that if a true gem comes along. Which, let's face it, hasn't happened for a while. I'd really love for someone to come round after school with their memory card for some good 'ol fashioned party races, but let's be realistic.

Hang in there, dude.
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

not particularly, i feel like i have absolutely nothing ahead of me in life, i've been homeless and living out of a hotel for five months, my mental health is disastrously bad with no finances to get help, my physical health is deteriorating due to poor diet, i hardly have any people who i can call close friends anymore because my interpersonal relationships are dissolving, trauma and abuse are coming back to bite me in the ass, and overall i'm just miserable

:herosway:
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

i'm just kinda letting life happen in apathy. nothing's really sticking out to me rn although that might be typical adolescent hormone feelings

to all who are feeling like crap: keep going believe in yourself and cheer up. i don't care who you are i will protect you and someone out there will always love you